Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
THIS TEAM IS AWESOME I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Thank you so much for your prompt response to such an unexpected event. <3
THIS TEAM IS AWESOME I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Thank you so much for your prompt response to such an unexpected event. <3
tumblr_inline_nk71b0gf1I1qg2i5p.png
Completely unacceptable that he&#039;s still working for FR.

And to everyone saying it was "just an opinion"--it&#039;s an opinion which gets people like me murdered every day, and it is not okay in any way, shape, or form.
Completely unacceptable that he&#039;s still working for FR.

And to everyone saying it was "just an opinion"--it&#039;s an opinion which gets people like me murdered every day, and it is not okay in any way, shape, or form.
I think this is a great decision.

As someone who identifies as pan and is superbly offended by Thrage&#039;s comments... I&#039;d rather that all the coding work be shoved onto Akiri.

Firing Thrage would make the site actively suffer more so than leaving keeping him, as his personal opinions haven&#039;t spread to the site aside from people digging through his Facebook.

Firing Thrage would mean that, unless another coder was hired (something I&#039;d prefer but poses compromising security issues), ALL the coding would be pushed to Akiri and the site would update at a bare minimum.

I don&#039;t want that.

I want the site to flourish, and I don&#039;t know about you guys, but I&#039;ve seen the exact OPPOSITE of bigotry on this site, so obviously Thrage&#039;s opinions aren&#039;t having an effect here. Therefor, completely removing him would harm the site.

I&#039;d rather Thrage not get my money, but frankly I&#039;m not getting my knickers in a knot if he stays here without admin privilege.
I think this is a great decision.

As someone who identifies as pan and is superbly offended by Thrage&#039;s comments... I&#039;d rather that all the coding work be shoved onto Akiri.

Firing Thrage would make the site actively suffer more so than leaving keeping him, as his personal opinions haven&#039;t spread to the site aside from people digging through his Facebook.

Firing Thrage would mean that, unless another coder was hired (something I&#039;d prefer but poses compromising security issues), ALL the coding would be pushed to Akiri and the site would update at a bare minimum.

I don&#039;t want that.

I want the site to flourish, and I don&#039;t know about you guys, but I&#039;ve seen the exact OPPOSITE of bigotry on this site, so obviously Thrage&#039;s opinions aren&#039;t having an effect here. Therefor, completely removing him would harm the site.

I&#039;d rather Thrage not get my money, but frankly I&#039;m not getting my knickers in a knot if he stays here without admin privilege.
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
[quote name="SunlightWolf" date="2013-07-19 14:14:11" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=609580#610011"]@Mushalor Wow, you are completely ignorant, no trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the term, 'Forgive and forget?' Seriously? He already recognizes his mistakes and he made the choice of stepping down. Of course he is gonna still work on the website! He made amazing games for Flight Rising, and without his games, we probably wouldn't be able to make as much Treasure. He is still a person, whether you like it or not, and he still have feelings. He apologized, he stepped down, and now he's working in the background, what more do you want from him? He can't leave the website fully. He has to work on the game coding himself because he is the one that created them. The staff did all they could, and you should appreciate the fact that everything was taken care of as quickly as possible.[/quote] Ignorance is thinking I should be okay and roll over with what he's done in the past for the chance he [i]might[/i] not do it in the future. Forgive and forget? The vile things he posted are things I hear spat at me and those like me. Not just once. Not a few times. My entire life. There are other coders. There are other people who can be a part of the staff. Also, please try to avoid name-calling. Saying "I'm not trying to be rude" as a prelude but including name-calling is a bit of a folly. I don't care if he's still a person, or still has feelings. He didn't care about mine or those of others. He called us less than human, less than people. He equated my bodily autonomy and my needs as disgusting, self-harmful, and wrong. He dehumanized me and many others. An apology and 'stepping down' does not simply erase that, particularly in light of how he's being allowed to remain as part of the staff in any capacity.
@Mushalor Wow, you are completely ignorant, no trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the term, &#039;Forgive and forget?&#039; Seriously? He already recognizes his mistakes and he made the choice of stepping down. Of course he is gonna still work on the website! He made amazing games for Flight Rising, and without his games, we probably wouldn&#039;t be able to make as much Treasure.

He is still a person, whether you like it or not, and he still have feelings. He apologized, he stepped down, and now he&#039;s working in the background, what more do you want from him? He can&#039;t leave the website fully. He has to work on the game coding himself because he is the one that created them. The staff did all they could, and you should appreciate the fact that everything was taken care of as quickly as possible.

Ignorance is thinking I should be okay and roll over with what he&#039;s done in the past for the chance he might not do it in the future.

Forgive and forget?

The vile things he posted are things I hear spat at me and those like me. Not just once. Not a few times. My entire life.

There are other coders. There are other people who can be a part of the staff.

Also, please try to avoid name-calling. Saying "I&#039;m not trying to be rude" as a prelude but including name-calling is a bit of a folly.

I don&#039;t care if he&#039;s still a person, or still has feelings. He didn&#039;t care about mine or those of others. He called us less than human, less than people. He equated my bodily autonomy and my needs as disgusting, self-harmful, and wrong.

He dehumanized me and many others.

An apology and &#039;stepping down&#039; does not simply erase that, particularly in light of how he&#039;s being allowed to remain as part of the staff in any capacity.
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
Remaining staff, you&#039;re awesome, you handled this very professionally. I&#039;m completely aware the comments had nothing to do with your opinions, or your work on FR, or any kind of stance that FR has on those issues. This was Thrage and Thrage alone, and an entire community and team of workers should not be punished for that.

I&#039;m still unsure about putting any personal money into FR, but then I always have been wary of trading money for pixels, so I&#039;ll see how things progress, and continue to play gratefully. I know you still need any programmers you can get, at this point. The community as a general whole seems pretty awesome, and I&#039;d hate to lose out on all the fun times and cool dragons just because of one incident, as terrible as it was.

Keep on keeping on, guys. <3
Remaining staff, you&#039;re awesome, you handled this very professionally. I&#039;m completely aware the comments had nothing to do with your opinions, or your work on FR, or any kind of stance that FR has on those issues. This was Thrage and Thrage alone, and an entire community and team of workers should not be punished for that.

I&#039;m still unsure about putting any personal money into FR, but then I always have been wary of trading money for pixels, so I&#039;ll see how things progress, and continue to play gratefully. I know you still need any programmers you can get, at this point. The community as a general whole seems pretty awesome, and I&#039;d hate to lose out on all the fun times and cool dragons just because of one incident, as terrible as it was.

Keep on keeping on, guys. <3
tumblr_ozowb1MmJi1w8xkufo1_500.png
I still have concerns, considering he didn&#039;t even touch on his comments about harming a user on this site. No apology from him whatsoever on making a casual joke about epileptics having seizures triggered by his game. It is not a &#039;rite of passage&#039; and any coder worth his or her salt would know that and do their best not to make the game harmful to anyone from the get-go.

Knowing that he&#039;ll still be working on those games makes me nervous. I&#039;ll be advising any friends/family of mine to avoid this site for as long as he remains a coder on them.

Good on you, however, for donating money to foundations that deal with epilepsy. For that, I thank you sincerely.
I still have concerns, considering he didn&#039;t even touch on his comments about harming a user on this site. No apology from him whatsoever on making a casual joke about epileptics having seizures triggered by his game. It is not a &#039;rite of passage&#039; and any coder worth his or her salt would know that and do their best not to make the game harmful to anyone from the get-go.

Knowing that he&#039;ll still be working on those games makes me nervous. I&#039;ll be advising any friends/family of mine to avoid this site for as long as he remains a coder on them.

Good on you, however, for donating money to foundations that deal with epilepsy. For that, I thank you sincerely.
plague_banner.pngPlagueflightswitchLightning_zps179b7aa0.gifplague_banner.png
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Kahlil Gibran
@adachi sorry but everyone has a right to contribute to this discussion, not just the irrational people calling for bloody revenge.
@adachi sorry but everyone has a right to contribute to this discussion, not just the irrational people calling for bloody revenge.
[quote name="Cityboundmew" date="2013-07-19 14:20:25" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=609580#610101"]Flight Rising is a business, not a group of buddies arguing over a card game. I believe the correct response, for any business, would have been to fire him. I love this game, I was planning on spending my "fun" money here, I've whitelisted FR on my adblocker. I'm relieved Thrage stepped down from his position of authority, but I'm sure as heck not paying his salary. While he works for FR, while his salary is being paid by FR, I will adblock FR and not spend real money. I don't want to spoil this game, but [b]it's just a game. The people he hurt are real.[/b] [/quote]
Flight Rising is a business, not a group of buddies arguing over a card game.
I believe the correct response, for any business, would have been to fire him.

I love this game, I was planning on spending my "fun" money here, I&#039;ve whitelisted FR on my adblocker.

I&#039;m relieved Thrage stepped down from his position of authority, but I&#039;m sure as heck not paying his salary. While he works for FR, while his salary is being paid by FR, I will adblock FR and not spend real money.

I don&#039;t want to spoil this game, but it&#039;s just a game. The people he hurt are real.
tumblr_oo9xwcsXE61ugssd3o8_250.png

[quote name="eliskan" date="2013-07-19 14:19:34" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=609580#610089"]@Mushalor - those comments were buried deep in his facebook, and made before this game was launched. Furthermore, as 'corrosive' as they may appear, they were opinions and in no way direct attacks on anyone. He was stating simply his views in a debate that he thought at the time would remain confined to Facebook. You are really demonizing him for saying ONE thing on a website, six months ago, that he very clearly regrets saying. You are demonizing the staff and making everyone appear 'insensitive' to your views. Let me tell you what. I have views too. I believe people have the freedom to share their ideals, no matter how uncomfortable they are. I believe you're being completely insensitive to this opinion. He is not 'discriminating' against your community, his beliefs have NEVER bled through to his professional work, and yet you continue to hunt him down with a pitchfork and a torch screaming for blood. Just quit, if you can't handle it. Get off the site. For everyone's sake.[/quote] QFT <3
@Mushalor - those comments were buried deep in his facebook, and made before this game was launched. Furthermore, as &#039;corrosive&#039; as they may appear, they were opinions and in no way direct attacks on anyone. He was stating simply his views in a debate that he thought at the time would remain confined to Facebook.

You are really demonizing him for saying ONE thing on a website, six months ago, that he very clearly regrets saying. You are demonizing the staff and making everyone appear &#039;insensitive&#039; to your views.

Let me tell you what. I have views too. I believe people have the freedom to share their ideals, no matter how uncomfortable they are. I believe you&#039;re being completely insensitive to this opinion. He is not &#039;discriminating&#039; against your community, his beliefs have NEVER bled through to his professional work, and yet you continue to hunt him down with a pitchfork and a torch screaming for blood.

Just quit, if you can&#039;t handle it. Get off the site. For everyone&#039;s sake.

QFT <3
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
If Thrage is involved in the site in any way, I will not contribute to this site in any way and will be keeping an adblock on. I don&#039;t want any money to go to him. I refuse.
If Thrage is involved in the site in any way, I will not contribute to this site in any way and will be keeping an adblock on. I don&#039;t want any money to go to him. I refuse.
Tumblr ! | Accent Thread ! | Fatties !
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18