Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Thank you.
Seeing this kind of a reaction from the admins really makes me feel more or less proud about being a part of this site. I don't remember seeing action being taken like this on any other site, and topics such as these truly and honestly do need all the respect and attention that they have all been often been denied.
Thank you.
Seeing this kind of a reaction from the admins really makes me feel more or less proud about being a part of this site. I don't remember seeing action being taken like this on any other site, and topics such as these truly and honestly do need all the respect and attention that they have all been often been denied.
Thanks for updating us with what's been going on. I'm glad Thrage is staying; being human we all make mistakes, and unfortunately he paid the price because of his personal information. It sucks that we can't be openly ourselves without repercussions in the world where we have to defend ourselves at every turn. Now, I'm not saying that what he did was right, but all people deserve a second chance; and for the good of FR, he needs to stay, imo.
I love this site. Even if updates like these are hard for me to handle because they involve drama and stress, I'm still loving the site and I appreciate all the hard work that has been done.

Hate only begets more hate, on both sides of the issue. I'm glad this was solved with a level-headed attitude.

Thanks for updating us with what's been going on. I'm glad Thrage is staying; being human we all make mistakes, and unfortunately he paid the price because of his personal information. It sucks that we can't be openly ourselves without repercussions in the world where we have to defend ourselves at every turn. Now, I'm not saying that what he did was right, but all people deserve a second chance; and for the good of FR, he needs to stay, imo.
I love this site. Even if updates like these are hard for me to handle because they involve drama and stress, I'm still loving the site and I appreciate all the hard work that has been done.

Hate only begets more hate, on both sides of the issue. I'm glad this was solved with a level-headed attitude.

o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
@Mushalor Wow, you are ignorant, not trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the term, 'Forgive and forget?' Seriously? He already recognizes his mistakes and he made the choice of stepping down. Of course he is gonna still work on the website! He made amazing games for Flight Rising, and without his games, we probably wouldn't be able to make as much Treasure.

He is still a person, whether you like it or not, and he still have feelings. He apologized, he stepped down, and now he's working in the background, what more do you want from him? He can't leave the website fully. He has to work on the game coding himself because he is the one that created them. The staff did all they could, and you should appreciate the fact that everything was taken care of as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry that he offended you, but he apologized, and its his opinion, but there is not way that his opinion should influence the website. Everyone has opinions, not all are very nice, but its simply life.
@Mushalor Wow, you are ignorant, not trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the term, 'Forgive and forget?' Seriously? He already recognizes his mistakes and he made the choice of stepping down. Of course he is gonna still work on the website! He made amazing games for Flight Rising, and without his games, we probably wouldn't be able to make as much Treasure.

He is still a person, whether you like it or not, and he still have feelings. He apologized, he stepped down, and now he's working in the background, what more do you want from him? He can't leave the website fully. He has to work on the game coding himself because he is the one that created them. The staff did all they could, and you should appreciate the fact that everything was taken care of as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry that he offended you, but he apologized, and its his opinion, but there is not way that his opinion should influence the website. Everyone has opinions, not all are very nice, but its simply life.
I have utmost respect for the team in how you handle your community, both in this particular case and overall. Kudos, not many developers can do that. It's your friendly presence, honesty and transparency like this that makes me want to support Flight Rising by voting with my wallet. (In your favor, obviously.)

Thank you.
I have utmost respect for the team in how you handle your community, both in this particular case and overall. Kudos, not many developers can do that. It's your friendly presence, honesty and transparency like this that makes me want to support Flight Rising by voting with my wallet. (In your favor, obviously.)

Thank you.
tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png
|| Dragons for sale || I'm 10 hours ahead of FR time. ||
I want to say being from a home with Epileptic issues and being a non-gender person. That the comments made were uncalled for. I am glad that an action was taken and that people realized their errors and they were handled in a careful way.

HOWEVER, unlike what appears as so many who took sever issue, I am glad that Thrage is staying on to help the back end. Even if not a admin, he did a lot to make this site what it is. We as users need to recognize this as well.

Accidents happen, people will always disagree and people will always say something offensive to someone else. It's how we've all turned out. It's how the world is, it's how it works and it's how it will keep working.

With that being said, what was said was on a personal account and about a personal preference. Even if the words used were overly harsh, they are a personal thought. He has every right to say what he wanted on his account, the same as I do not censor myself on my personal account, because it is mine. You either friend me, ignore me or keep moving.

That's what was done here. Thrage will still be working for the site. He stepped down and admitted guilt. He has brought us many things that we enjoy here.

I for one am happy this was handled very amicably. I look forward to the work Thrage and all the other admins and back end workers put into the site and as a gender issued person, I thank all the site admins (including Thrage) for how they handled this, for keeping him, for his apology and for keeping us in the loop.

I want to say being from a home with Epileptic issues and being a non-gender person. That the comments made were uncalled for. I am glad that an action was taken and that people realized their errors and they were handled in a careful way.

HOWEVER, unlike what appears as so many who took sever issue, I am glad that Thrage is staying on to help the back end. Even if not a admin, he did a lot to make this site what it is. We as users need to recognize this as well.

Accidents happen, people will always disagree and people will always say something offensive to someone else. It's how we've all turned out. It's how the world is, it's how it works and it's how it will keep working.

With that being said, what was said was on a personal account and about a personal preference. Even if the words used were overly harsh, they are a personal thought. He has every right to say what he wanted on his account, the same as I do not censor myself on my personal account, because it is mine. You either friend me, ignore me or keep moving.

That's what was done here. Thrage will still be working for the site. He stepped down and admitted guilt. He has brought us many things that we enjoy here.

I for one am happy this was handled very amicably. I look forward to the work Thrage and all the other admins and back end workers put into the site and as a gender issued person, I thank all the site admins (including Thrage) for how they handled this, for keeping him, for his apology and for keeping us in the loop.

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
fr_arcane_banner_copy_by_sognodrago-d6euarj.png
I'm glad Thrage has stepped down as an admin, and I hope he takes this as an opportunity to educate himself on the topics he spoke on.

That said, despite being affected by both statements he made, I'm grudgingly okay with him returning to development after a leave of absence, because I think removing one of very few developers on a game that's struggling would've meant the death of Flight Rising all together. Unlike the Chik-Fil-A comparisons thrown around yesterday, it doesn't appear that Thrage spends his money made as a Stormlight Workshop employee on anti-LGBTQ* organizations.

Thank you, remaining admins, for your swift and professional handling of this issue.
I'm glad Thrage has stepped down as an admin, and I hope he takes this as an opportunity to educate himself on the topics he spoke on.

That said, despite being affected by both statements he made, I'm grudgingly okay with him returning to development after a leave of absence, because I think removing one of very few developers on a game that's struggling would've meant the death of Flight Rising all together. Unlike the Chik-Fil-A comparisons thrown around yesterday, it doesn't appear that Thrage spends his money made as a Stormlight Workshop employee on anti-LGBTQ* organizations.

Thank you, remaining admins, for your swift and professional handling of this issue.
except what thrage did wasn't a slip at all??? have any of you seen the caps of what he said? jesus.

a slip is saying something once. he continued and continued and continued. that's not a slip.

a slip isn't attacking certain members of a community.

there is no "freedom of speech" here. he said offensive things. he got called out on his bs. that's what happens when you say or do something offensive. he deserves to lose his job over this. if you say or do something unprofessional and hurtful in a professional setting, you get reprimanded.
except what thrage did wasn't a slip at all??? have any of you seen the caps of what he said? jesus.

a slip is saying something once. he continued and continued and continued. that's not a slip.

a slip isn't attacking certain members of a community.

there is no "freedom of speech" here. he said offensive things. he got called out on his bs. that's what happens when you say or do something offensive. he deserves to lose his job over this. if you say or do something unprofessional and hurtful in a professional setting, you get reprimanded.
tumblr_inline_mwqux7TPiM1rbhbr0.png
Not sure how I feel about the fact that Thrage will continue to work on the site in the future. It makes me uneasy. I'm going to have to think hard about whether I want to continue to be part of this community.

That said, I greatly appreciate that the current admins chose to make donations to these two charities.
Not sure how I feel about the fact that Thrage will continue to work on the site in the future. It makes me uneasy. I'm going to have to think hard about whether I want to continue to be part of this community.

That said, I greatly appreciate that the current admins chose to make donations to these two charities.

im still very saddened by a lot of the community, and this upheld idea that what he said was an opinion.
however, i do think that this has been a learning curve and has certainly brought a lot of things to light about people that we might not have known otherwise.

i am with a lot of my fellow siblings in continuing to enable adblock, and not buying gems if he is still receiving payment.
but the staff has responded admirably, and im quite happy to see that there as been such an overall postive response.

im still very saddened by a lot of the community, and this upheld idea that what he said was an opinion.
however, i do think that this has been a learning curve and has certainly brought a lot of things to light about people that we might not have known otherwise.

i am with a lot of my fellow siblings in continuing to enable adblock, and not buying gems if he is still receiving payment.
but the staff has responded admirably, and im quite happy to see that there as been such an overall postive response.
tumblr_oo9xwcsXE61ugssd3o8_250.png

@Konakuer [quote name="Konakuer" date="2013-07-19 14:04:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=2&id=609580#609874"] What he said, also, was technically true. The only problem is it was a little bit rough.[/quote] Now that's a matter of opinion. I disagree with EVERYTHING he said. So therefore false. See what I did there? [quote]It was on his Facebook. His personal site. He was answering a question. It's obvious that his opinion has NOTHING to do with Flight Rising.[/quote] He brought up FR when he mentioned the Static game and his gross opinion of those prone to seizures. Way to either not know all the information or conveniently leave that part out. I've been seeing a lot of people do that. [quote]You literally want to kick out a person from his own project. You don't even fully know him. You don't know what he actually does in his life, like helping people, maybe.[/quote] I know that when a CEO or other employee who holds a high position in a company says something that offends or even makes a large portion of the current and possible future clients feel unsafe, they are typically fired because it's bad PR and bad for business. This is no different. [quote]You just don't like a comment he made.[/quote] Way to miss the point man. [quote]I think if FR said he was totally fired and away from the site, you would be all happy and would forget everything he said. And he would probably still be here, doing some awesome games you really enjoy. But the admins decided to be honest and say that he will still be here doing some minor stuff. And you're still angry with that.[/quote] Because many of us were under the impression he would no longer have any position in regards to the game at all. But he does.
@Konakuer

What he said, also, was technically true. The only problem is it was a little bit rough.

Now that's a matter of opinion. I disagree with EVERYTHING he said. So therefore false.
See what I did there?
Quote:
It was on his Facebook. His personal site. He was answering a question. It's obvious that his opinion has NOTHING to do with Flight Rising.

He brought up FR when he mentioned the Static game and his gross opinion of those prone to seizures. Way to either not know all the information or conveniently leave that part out. I've been seeing a lot of people do that.
Quote:
You literally want to kick out a person from his own project. You don't even fully know him. You don't know what he actually does in his life, like helping people, maybe.

I know that when a CEO or other employee who holds a high position in a company says something that offends or even makes a large portion of the current and possible future clients feel unsafe, they are typically fired because it's bad PR and bad for business.
This is no different.
Quote:
You just don't like a comment he made.

Way to miss the point man.
Quote:
I think if FR said he was totally fired and away from the site, you would be all happy and would forget everything he said. And he would probably still be here, doing some awesome games you really enjoy.

But the admins decided to be honest and say that he will still be here doing some minor stuff. And you're still angry with that.

Because many of us were under the impression he would no longer have any position in regards to the game at all.
But he does.
NHzYzMb.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18