Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Thanks for handling this quickly and professionally....

Honestly all communities have their dramas, but this was just a giant crapfest. XAX Hopefully things will all go back to normal now!
Thanks for handling this quickly and professionally....

Honestly all communities have their dramas, but this was just a giant crapfest. XAX Hopefully things will all go back to normal now!
[quote name="Blackpearl" date="2013-07-19 13:58:26" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=609580#609806"][quote name="Mushalor" date="2013-07-19 13:53:19" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=609580#609742"]Being a part of the site in the way he is--and your allowing it--DOES NOT CHANGE THAT YOU VALIDATE HIS OPINIONS AND WHAT HE HAS DONE. It's completely unacceptable and I don't really know what else to say right now.[/quote] Did you not read the bit where they've denounced his comments? Where they've said he will not be in an administrative position again? I for one applaud them for these actions, and do not feel that a pitchforks-and-torches reaction is necessary to show that they do not approve.[/quote] Do [i]you[/i] understand how damaging his opinions and words are/can be? Just because he apologises--forced given the vehement and rightful reactions of a portion of this community--doesn't make him sincere. The only thing changing right now is that he is no longer an admin. He is still part of the staff, given he will continue to work on the site and game coding. Which means he is still getting paid. Which means part of this site's revenue is supporting him. Which means it supports his beliefs. This is not pitchforks and torches. That there are multiple people condemning me for continuing to speak up and express my concerns simply means they do not understand, do not care, or both. Edit: His beliefs/opinions are ones that get people like me killed on a day to day basis. Those casually dismissing my concerns on the basis of “opinion" and “off-site" are part of the problem.
Being a part of the site in the way he is--and your allowing it--DOES NOT CHANGE THAT YOU VALIDATE HIS OPINIONS AND WHAT HE HAS DONE. It's completely unacceptable and I don't really know what else to say right now.
Did you not read the bit where they've denounced his comments? Where they've said he will not be in an administrative position again? I for one applaud them for these actions, and do not feel that a pitchforks-and-torches reaction is necessary to show that they do not approve.

Do you understand how damaging his opinions and words are/can be? Just because he apologises--forced given the vehement and rightful reactions of a portion of this community--doesn't make him sincere.

The only thing changing right now is that he is no longer an admin. He is still part of the staff, given he will continue to work on the site and game coding. Which means he is still getting paid. Which means part of this site's revenue is supporting him.

Which means it supports his beliefs.

This is not pitchforks and torches.

That there are multiple people condemning me for continuing to speak up and express my concerns simply means they do not understand, do not care, or both.

Edit: His beliefs/opinions are ones that get people like me killed on a day to day basis. Those casually dismissing my concerns on the basis of “opinion" and “off-site" are part of the problem.
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
It's amazing to see the reaction to this, and I'm flattered as someone that has epilepsy to see the steps that you took to make up for the mistake.
I'm extremely impressed with the staff on this site, and that's one of the reasons I continue to play. Excellent job, and keep up all the good work.

Can't wait for Thrage to return, everyone slips up now and then. Thank you for taking responsibility and behaving so maturely.
It's amazing to see the reaction to this, and I'm flattered as someone that has epilepsy to see the steps that you took to make up for the mistake.
I'm extremely impressed with the staff on this site, and that's one of the reasons I continue to play. Excellent job, and keep up all the good work.

Can't wait for Thrage to return, everyone slips up now and then. Thank you for taking responsibility and behaving so maturely.
@Akiri Thank you for the words and update.
@Akiri Thank you for the words and update.
NHzYzMb.png
@Akiri, @Undel, @Xhaztol

thank you for addressing this in a mature way, after this whole issue i hope the community can be closer, and there will be less arguing overall

sure we all may not see eye to eye, but we need to express our opinions in a non-hurtful way.

I am one of the people who was quite offended my his words as there were other ways to lightly respond the questions, he simply chose the wrong way, and it hurt him and others.

this shows us all that we need to be RESPECTFUL in all of our responses,

I am proud of your response and plan on sticking around on FR for quite some time
@Akiri, @Undel, @Xhaztol

thank you for addressing this in a mature way, after this whole issue i hope the community can be closer, and there will be less arguing overall

sure we all may not see eye to eye, but we need to express our opinions in a non-hurtful way.

I am one of the people who was quite offended my his words as there were other ways to lightly respond the questions, he simply chose the wrong way, and it hurt him and others.

this shows us all that we need to be RESPECTFUL in all of our responses,

I am proud of your response and plan on sticking around on FR for quite some time
OHHzjgb.gifWXq7q4o.png
Thank you for the update. However, I'm extremely uncomfortable knowing that after all that has happened Thrage is still being kept on.
Thank you for the update. However, I'm extremely uncomfortable knowing that after all that has happened Thrage is still being kept on.
Thank you to the admins who've handled this situation in a professional manner, and to Thrage for gracefully stepping down.

To everyone priding themselves on avoiding "drama" or accusing this of being a "witch hunt", realize that this situation is NOT about you. It's about people who are regularly stepped on in offline daily life and would like to come home and feel safe from bigotry on a pet site.

Thanks again to the site for the outcome of this situation.
Thank you to the admins who've handled this situation in a professional manner, and to Thrage for gracefully stepping down.

To everyone priding themselves on avoiding "drama" or accusing this of being a "witch hunt", realize that this situation is NOT about you. It's about people who are regularly stepped on in offline daily life and would like to come home and feel safe from bigotry on a pet site.

Thanks again to the site for the outcome of this situation.
art_banner_by_altinchakal-d9149ft.png
I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, I am thrilled with how the rest of staff handled this, and the outcome last night of Tharge stepping down on his own accord. The donations were a shining example of going above and beyond, you guys rock.

I am however a little upset that he will still be working on the site and in turn getting money from it. I'd like to get more clear answers on how this is going to happen, and such. Ideally I'd rather see FR get Tharge to simply make the back end usable for a new JavaScript coder to take over and call it a day.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll take some time to educate himself, and maybe alter the more harmful opinions he's stated, but I think the majority of the user base isn't ready for him to be back just yet. Maybe when he can prove he's going to act more maturely in regards to demographics that use this site.
I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, I am thrilled with how the rest of staff handled this, and the outcome last night of Tharge stepping down on his own accord. The donations were a shining example of going above and beyond, you guys rock.

I am however a little upset that he will still be working on the site and in turn getting money from it. I'd like to get more clear answers on how this is going to happen, and such. Ideally I'd rather see FR get Tharge to simply make the back end usable for a new JavaScript coder to take over and call it a day.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll take some time to educate himself, and maybe alter the more harmful opinions he's stated, but I think the majority of the user base isn't ready for him to be back just yet. Maybe when he can prove he's going to act more maturely in regards to demographics that use this site.
Asis - Fantasy webcomic
You guys form a great team, even though I'm not aware of the whole thing, your response was clear and didn't end badly :)

in another way, though I sure can't speak for all epileptic people, I know that most seizures (or any photosensitive reaction) are caused by repetitive flashing images, and if the flash is in a tiny corner (or short) it's not too bad, but if the flash takes the whole screen and is very contrasted (pure white and pure black or bright blue and bright red) well then there's a big danger. I am epileptic, I tried (on a small screen) to play Shock Switch beta and it wasn't all that bad!

Also, another comment about your team: a team developping websites and/or videogames that notices that part of their project may be a problem for epileptic/photosensitive people and actually care and take action to ensure everyone can enjoy, you guys are amazing ^_^

I've hit many "too bad for you we don't care" kind of comments if I ever said anything about being epileptic, so congrats and once again, awesome team of people
You guys form a great team, even though I'm not aware of the whole thing, your response was clear and didn't end badly :)

in another way, though I sure can't speak for all epileptic people, I know that most seizures (or any photosensitive reaction) are caused by repetitive flashing images, and if the flash is in a tiny corner (or short) it's not too bad, but if the flash takes the whole screen and is very contrasted (pure white and pure black or bright blue and bright red) well then there's a big danger. I am epileptic, I tried (on a small screen) to play Shock Switch beta and it wasn't all that bad!

Also, another comment about your team: a team developping websites and/or videogames that notices that part of their project may be a problem for epileptic/photosensitive people and actually care and take action to ensure everyone can enjoy, you guys are amazing ^_^

I've hit many "too bad for you we don't care" kind of comments if I ever said anything about being epileptic, so congrats and once again, awesome team of people
FlightRising Tumblr Account / / Deviantart Account / / Art Tumblr Account / /
Familiars Trade Forum Thread / / Sculpey Figurine Art Trade Forum Thread
So I am being 100% honest here; some of you are saying because of Thrage's comments he should lose his "job". Because of an OPINION of his.

While yes it was harsh what he said, *** people, it's done and over with. I am sure everyone here has been guilty of saying some sort of hateful comments in the past. Do you want all of us to witch hunt each other and cause a huge uproar over this crap? Seriously?

If you had known me in my early high school years; I am pretty sure 95% of this community would have HATED me. I was ignorant, hateful and I know I said my share of hateful things. My freakin god people....chill.
So I am being 100% honest here; some of you are saying because of Thrage's comments he should lose his "job". Because of an OPINION of his.

While yes it was harsh what he said, *** people, it's done and over with. I am sure everyone here has been guilty of saying some sort of hateful comments in the past. Do you want all of us to witch hunt each other and cause a huge uproar over this crap? Seriously?

If you had known me in my early high school years; I am pretty sure 95% of this community would have HATED me. I was ignorant, hateful and I know I said my share of hateful things. My freakin god people....chill.
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18