Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18
Christ, I came to this site to avoid the drama llama stampedes and witch hunts on every other site, and lo and behold it happens in less than 2 weeks of me joining.

I am too a minority with issues (that almost NEVER get called out or apologized for, but neither do I feel entitled for someone elses attention over it), many a homosexual and even some transgendered relatives and friends, as well as friends and family who are also disabled in different ways, and this doesnt make me less tolerant, this makes me an adult of 32 years with life experience that this is the *internet*. That people are allowed freedom of speech and I dont have to like it and neither does the next guy, but that doesnt mean that their non-tactful way of saying something should call for such a loud, self justified dramatic response.

Everyone is someones personal army, or has some right or some self justifying means to throw a tantrum. Hell it happened when people started the riots over the Rodney King beating and it happened again over the ZImmerman trial. People look for reasons to cause drama, get butthurt or feel like they were wronged and entitled something. Either race, sex, way of life, etc. Everyones a victim. I get *hurt* every day by what I see in just general media by intolerant people or people that dont think nor care about what they say or show or post. Life moves on, grow up and move on. Is life fair? No. But no one owes you anything, and maybe people should be more worried about themselves than someone youll never meet that will never personally effect you over the interwebs.
Christ, I came to this site to avoid the drama llama stampedes and witch hunts on every other site, and lo and behold it happens in less than 2 weeks of me joining.

I am too a minority with issues (that almost NEVER get called out or apologized for, but neither do I feel entitled for someone elses attention over it), many a homosexual and even some transgendered relatives and friends, as well as friends and family who are also disabled in different ways, and this doesnt make me less tolerant, this makes me an adult of 32 years with life experience that this is the *internet*. That people are allowed freedom of speech and I dont have to like it and neither does the next guy, but that doesnt mean that their non-tactful way of saying something should call for such a loud, self justified dramatic response.

Everyone is someones personal army, or has some right or some self justifying means to throw a tantrum. Hell it happened when people started the riots over the Rodney King beating and it happened again over the ZImmerman trial. People look for reasons to cause drama, get butthurt or feel like they were wronged and entitled something. Either race, sex, way of life, etc. Everyones a victim. I get *hurt* every day by what I see in just general media by intolerant people or people that dont think nor care about what they say or show or post. Life moves on, grow up and move on. Is life fair? No. But no one owes you anything, and maybe people should be more worried about themselves than someone youll never meet that will never personally effect you over the interwebs.
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
What did Thrage say?
What did Thrage say?
They/them Gender Fluid - Bi/pan sexual & romantic - Neurodirgvent
Thank you so much for being so on top of things and accommodating to all types of players. It is making my eyes teary to read about how much administrators and other staff are doing to keep both the site and its community stable, safe, and happy.
Thank you so much for being so on top of things and accommodating to all types of players. It is making my eyes teary to read about how much administrators and other staff are doing to keep both the site and its community stable, safe, and happy.
Breed and Gene Well, dears.
@Akiri

I'm not going to touch on the rest of the comments in this post. I'm not going to voice my opinion on keeping Thrage behind the scenes, because I don't know all of the facts or if he would still be formally employed or not. However there seems to be a lot of displeasure over this, and I'd like to reassure you that there are plenty of coders who are in love with this site who would be willing to step up and help. If you're only keeping him on as a matter of necessity, there are plenty of talented people who could assist if you only asked. eta that I do understand it can be hard to take over someone's code with little to no direction to go on, so it's definitely a decision for the admin team to make, but all this turmoil can't be much better.

That said, thank you for the announcement and letting everyone know what's going on.
@Akiri

I'm not going to touch on the rest of the comments in this post. I'm not going to voice my opinion on keeping Thrage behind the scenes, because I don't know all of the facts or if he would still be formally employed or not. However there seems to be a lot of displeasure over this, and I'd like to reassure you that there are plenty of coders who are in love with this site who would be willing to step up and help. If you're only keeping him on as a matter of necessity, there are plenty of talented people who could assist if you only asked. eta that I do understand it can be hard to take over someone's code with little to no direction to go on, so it's definitely a decision for the admin team to make, but all this turmoil can't be much better.

That said, thank you for the announcement and letting everyone know what's going on.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

@Mushalor can you please tell when or where he said you were less than human? From what I'm reading, he said EVERYONE are human and should be equal. And I totally agree with that. I hate feminism and I'm a woman, because I don't think any gender makes you better or "special".

By the way I see more than 1 wanting to leave. Ok no problem, I will bring some friends here, so far I've only brought one but can bring some more. :)
@Mushalor can you please tell when or where he said you were less than human? From what I'm reading, he said EVERYONE are human and should be equal. And I totally agree with that. I hate feminism and I'm a woman, because I don't think any gender makes you better or "special".

By the way I see more than 1 wanting to leave. Ok no problem, I will bring some friends here, so far I've only brought one but can bring some more. :)
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.pngF0xHRgQ.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
@somemonster
Thank you for your post. I believe it is the best one I've read in all this. (:

-x-

If anyone does not wish to support Thrage, then don't. It is that simple.
At the end of the day, he was removed from an administrative position. He has no power over anyone anymore. Please recognize this. If coding behind the scenes makes an individual uncomfortable, then unfortunately, it relies on the individual to remove themselves from the situation, even if that means not playing FR anymore, or not donating funds via ads/gems.

The Flight Rising staff has said time and time again they do not condone such views, and have given him a consequence. There have been many boards about it. Yes, it is still very hurtful that someone with hurtful opinions against myself and other LGBT+ members is continuing to work on a site I (and others) enjoy playing. But we are also able to leave at any time if the community is no longer desirable.

Remember, the FR staff is doing its best to cater to everyone. They have addressed the issue, released an official statement saying they do not condone Thrage's personal views, and have donated to various funds and charities of the people he has hurt. Thrage has been removed from an administrative position/position of power and is not in a place /with/ power to hurt others on-site. He has given an apology (sincere or not), and has been called out time and time again. The remaining FR staff is balancing his mistakes with the functionality of the site, and other users who want to enjoy it. It is a very difficult place to be on such a short notice, and they are doing the best they can while not alienating people who love the site and have been hurt, as well as people who just love to play.

In summation: Please try to be respectful of the decision the rest of the staff made. They are doing their best for everyone.
@somemonster
Thank you for your post. I believe it is the best one I've read in all this. (:

-x-

If anyone does not wish to support Thrage, then don't. It is that simple.
At the end of the day, he was removed from an administrative position. He has no power over anyone anymore. Please recognize this. If coding behind the scenes makes an individual uncomfortable, then unfortunately, it relies on the individual to remove themselves from the situation, even if that means not playing FR anymore, or not donating funds via ads/gems.

The Flight Rising staff has said time and time again they do not condone such views, and have given him a consequence. There have been many boards about it. Yes, it is still very hurtful that someone with hurtful opinions against myself and other LGBT+ members is continuing to work on a site I (and others) enjoy playing. But we are also able to leave at any time if the community is no longer desirable.

Remember, the FR staff is doing its best to cater to everyone. They have addressed the issue, released an official statement saying they do not condone Thrage's personal views, and have donated to various funds and charities of the people he has hurt. Thrage has been removed from an administrative position/position of power and is not in a place /with/ power to hurt others on-site. He has given an apology (sincere or not), and has been called out time and time again. The remaining FR staff is balancing his mistakes with the functionality of the site, and other users who want to enjoy it. It is a very difficult place to be on such a short notice, and they are doing the best they can while not alienating people who love the site and have been hurt, as well as people who just love to play.

In summation: Please try to be respectful of the decision the rest of the staff made. They are doing their best for everyone.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.
Exactly. Personal. It isn't work related, and it didn't get in the way of how he treated people on the site. Not a bit.
You can hire another person who has experience to make a game like the ones on this site, they aren't exactly the most original out there and if anything they might make even better games. At least they won't have negative human relations like Thrage does, as a game developer on the internet he should have known that anything you say on the internet that is public could harm you in a professional way and if he had to learn it the hard way and lose his job over it, then that's how it should be.

I've spent over a hundred dollars on this site because I do in fact enjoy it and want to see it succeed, however, as long as Thrage is coming back even if just in the future I don't feel comfortable knowing that any of it might go to him. So, adblock is still on and I won't be spending any more gems like many have already said they would do. You see, while I would like to see this game succeed especially for the other administrators, many of the friends who I have brought to this site that also support it are trans* and I want this to be a safe place for them. Those who are trans* have to deal with his 'opinions' everyday of their lives, some even die due to those 'opinions,' yet they can't exactly be brought back like it seems Thrage will be. So, sorry I'm not sorry but I have no symphony for him, especially since it clearly says in his apology that he would be stepping down.

If anything has come from this, at least I finally have the motivation to go back to school and become a game developer even as a lesbian woman because maybe one day I'll be able to replace those like Thrage who continue to hurt those I consider to be my friends.
You can hire another person who has experience to make a game like the ones on this site, they aren't exactly the most original out there and if anything they might make even better games. At least they won't have negative human relations like Thrage does, as a game developer on the internet he should have known that anything you say on the internet that is public could harm you in a professional way and if he had to learn it the hard way and lose his job over it, then that's how it should be.

I've spent over a hundred dollars on this site because I do in fact enjoy it and want to see it succeed, however, as long as Thrage is coming back even if just in the future I don't feel comfortable knowing that any of it might go to him. So, adblock is still on and I won't be spending any more gems like many have already said they would do. You see, while I would like to see this game succeed especially for the other administrators, many of the friends who I have brought to this site that also support it are trans* and I want this to be a safe place for them. Those who are trans* have to deal with his 'opinions' everyday of their lives, some even die due to those 'opinions,' yet they can't exactly be brought back like it seems Thrage will be. So, sorry I'm not sorry but I have no symphony for him, especially since it clearly says in his apology that he would be stepping down.

If anything has come from this, at least I finally have the motivation to go back to school and become a game developer even as a lesbian woman because maybe one day I'll be able to replace those like Thrage who continue to hurt those I consider to be my friends.
hLtutBA.pngFlight Rising: A Machine for DragonsRBq6qAH.png
I know I have threatened with leaving, unless this programmer and admin is used. I am very disappointed in that while he steps down his admin position, he is still in Flight Rising as a programmer. I am happy that you send donations to charitable contributions.

However, I still like him to be gone. My visits may still generate revenue for this website, but I will keep adblocking the ads and not give money. Free speech or not, his hateful, anti-transgender language is very much the same language that enables those who commit atrocious acts against innocent individuals. For the sake of personal integrity and moral standing, we must not allow that. For the safety of our players, we cannot be stand by and allow such actions go on without consequences.
I know I have threatened with leaving, unless this programmer and admin is used. I am very disappointed in that while he steps down his admin position, he is still in Flight Rising as a programmer. I am happy that you send donations to charitable contributions.

However, I still like him to be gone. My visits may still generate revenue for this website, but I will keep adblocking the ads and not give money. Free speech or not, his hateful, anti-transgender language is very much the same language that enables those who commit atrocious acts against innocent individuals. For the sake of personal integrity and moral standing, we must not allow that. For the safety of our players, we cannot be stand by and allow such actions go on without consequences.
@eliskan
theres obviously no talking to you since youre so grounded in the fact that youre Right so im not going to bother but uh, nice completely misinformed whatever that was supposed to be

the comment about giving people seizures WAS while he was working for the site so

way to look like an idiot?
@eliskan
theres obviously no talking to you since youre so grounded in the fact that youre Right so im not going to bother but uh, nice completely misinformed whatever that was supposed to be

the comment about giving people seizures WAS while he was working for the site so

way to look like an idiot?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18