Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shock Switch Beta, Updates
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Having fun playing it. Can't wait to get treasure from it too!
Having fun playing it. Can't wait to get treasure from it too!
Bark bark!
As someone who is neither epileptic nor photosensitive (and so I do not have the right or the background to speak on the limitations of this game pertaining to these impairments), I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed trying out Shock Switch. Thank you for designing it and (re-)releasing it.

It is an absolutely beautiful game, operates smoothly, and provides the right kind of appeal for gamers like me who enjoy getting drawn into a game that challenges them to just keep going just a little bit further. The variety of difficulties to start on is a very nice touch, so if I don't want to start on snail or turtle speed but instead something more entertaining I don't have to.

Like 99% of computer and internet users, I will get eye strain or a headache if I look at the monitor for too long - sometimes for as short a time as 5 minutes. However, I did not feel that any of the visual effects that were put in for aesthetic ambiance and clearly appropriate to this type of game were unnecessarily over the top. I sincerely hope that if/when any accessibility modifications are made to this game that the original loaded version will still be an option to play.
As someone who is neither epileptic nor photosensitive (and so I do not have the right or the background to speak on the limitations of this game pertaining to these impairments), I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed trying out Shock Switch. Thank you for designing it and (re-)releasing it.

It is an absolutely beautiful game, operates smoothly, and provides the right kind of appeal for gamers like me who enjoy getting drawn into a game that challenges them to just keep going just a little bit further. The variety of difficulties to start on is a very nice touch, so if I don't want to start on snail or turtle speed but instead something more entertaining I don't have to.

Like 99% of computer and internet users, I will get eye strain or a headache if I look at the monitor for too long - sometimes for as short a time as 5 minutes. However, I did not feel that any of the visual effects that were put in for aesthetic ambiance and clearly appropriate to this type of game were unnecessarily over the top. I sincerely hope that if/when any accessibility modifications are made to this game that the original loaded version will still be an option to play.
[quote name="AerisLei" date="2013-07-10 22:32:14" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=10&id=411301#432673"]I just wanted to pop in and say, that as a non-photosensitive and/or epileptic player, I appreciate the warnings now being a pop up rather clearly when you go to open potentially dangerous portions of the site. I also appreciate the ability to turn them off once you've seen it the first time. ^_^ But I think that it'll help protect some members, by warning them of the potential dangers before issues can occur, and I wanted to saaay that I'm really pleased with the fast response to the issues of the day (while also keeping your cools!) [/quote] I think they're good too, though now I am unable to get past the seizure warnings to actually play the games. I'm on an ipad.
I just wanted to pop in and say, that as a non-photosensitive and/or epileptic player, I appreciate the warnings now being a pop up rather clearly when you go to open potentially dangerous portions of the site.

I also appreciate the ability to turn them off once you've seen it the first time. ^_^

But I think that it'll help protect some members, by warning them of the potential dangers before issues can occur, and I wanted to saaay that I'm really pleased with the fast response to the issues of the day (while also keeping your cools!)

I think they're good too, though now I am unable to get past the seizure warnings to actually play the games. I'm on an ipad.
The new game is a lot of fun! I'm mostly on a Mac computer, and even though I only have one mouse button, the keyboard controls work wonderfully! Thanks for making this my favorite website ever! Keep up the great work!
The new game is a lot of fun! I'm mostly on a Mac computer, and even though I only have one mouse button, the keyboard controls work wonderfully! Thanks for making this my favorite website ever! Keep up the great work!
I really like this game! However, it is a bit too easy. Very easy is ridiculously slow. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play it. I think each speed should be faster than it currently is, perhaps with the increased speeds not increasing as quickly at later levels.
I really like this game! However, it is a bit too easy. Very easy is ridiculously slow. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play it. I think each speed should be faster than it currently is, perhaps with the increased speeds not increasing as quickly at later levels.
234x60.gif
Shock Switch reminds me of that N64 Pokemon puzzle game I used to have! ;7; Memories, memories.
Thank you very much for the game and the changes. <3
Shock Switch reminds me of that N64 Pokemon puzzle game I used to have! ;7; Memories, memories.
Thank you very much for the game and the changes. <3
*Insert imaginary signature here*
I love commissions/buying art with treasure and gems~ :)
ezimba16234165761100.gif*Rendered by @LostSoulsWeep
I&#039;ve been playing Shock Witch for an hour. :&#039;D I know it doesn&#039;t pay me right now but it&#039;s that fun!
I&#039;ve been playing Shock Witch for an hour. :&#039;D I know it doesn&#039;t pay me right now but it&#039;s that fun!
40e09c17c3944cf788021adc652e0387_zps352f3560.png
I&#039;ve been playing on Chrome on a Macbook and the mouse controls won&#039;t work for me. Keyboard controls are fine though!

The speed seems a bit slow though. I was playing on hard and I still found myself waiting for the next column to arrive every once in awhile.
I&#039;ve been playing on Chrome on a Macbook and the mouse controls won&#039;t work for me. Keyboard controls are fine though!

The speed seems a bit slow though. I was playing on hard and I still found myself waiting for the next column to arrive every once in awhile.
JtM6Nxr.png
Echoing what others have said - Shock Switch is all but inaccessible to some of us. While I love the gameplay mechanics, I&#039;m afraid to play it due to my photosensitivity. Please, please consider offering an option to turn off the flashing effects. I would love the chance to play this game.
Echoing what others have said - Shock Switch is all but inaccessible to some of us. While I love the gameplay mechanics, I&#039;m afraid to play it due to my photosensitivity. Please, please consider offering an option to turn off the flashing effects. I would love the chance to play this game.
send me your unwanted bugs! i'll trade meat/fish/treasure for them!
@Cyanea There is a version with fewer effects, but still use with caution: [quote name="Thrage" date="2013-07-10 03:24:48" url=main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=1&id=411306#411306]Hi everyone, [b]Photosensitive players:[/b] Good news! I've done a little work on an effectless version of the game. Just add "&epi=1" to the end of the URL, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=faire&game=shockswitch&epi=1]like so[/url]. [b]I cannot promise that this mode will not trigger a seizure, but you are welcome to try it if you understand the risks and would like to let me know if it needs additional changes.[/b] There will of course be a more user-friendly way to do this later.[/quote] FYI to anyone following this thread and not the bug report thread.
@Cyanea There is a version with fewer effects, but still use with caution:
Hi everyone,

Photosensitive players: Good news! I&#039;ve done a little work on an effectless version of the game. Just add "&epi=1" to the end of the URL, like so. I cannot promise that this mode will not trigger a seizure, but you are welcome to try it if you understand the risks and would like to let me know if it needs additional changes. There will of course be a more user-friendly way to do this later.

FYI to anyone following this thread and not the bug report thread.
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24