Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shock Switch Beta, Updates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/wed_7_10.png[/img][/center] [b]Shock Switch Beta![/b] Our next upcoming Fairground game, [i]Shock Switch[/i], is now available for beta testing. [i]Shock Switch[/i] is a challenging, colorful block-based puzzle game where lining up like-colored cells will cause them to zap out of existence. The difficulty will slowly ramp up over time, so be on the lookout for combos! [b]Please note: while in a beta state, Shock Switch will likely undergo several restarts and adjustments, and will not award treasure. We would love to get some multiple-platform testing on it before making it lucrative, so if you like this type of game, please feel free to play![/b] [center][b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ann&id=411301]Click here to read more.[/url][/b][/center] [more] [b]Additional Updates:[/b] [LIST] [*]The Dominance rankings chart now shows only exaltations made during the current week's standings, as opposed to exaltations made in the past 7 days. This change should make the competition climate much more accurate. [*]If a Flight attains Dominance, [b]Battle Weariness[/b] will kick in as the other Flights retaliate. While it will still be possible for that Flight to win in the next competition, it will be slightly harder than before. Exaltation credit will be reduced by 10% for the next tally, and will continue to stack for each consecutive win thereafter. We believe that this will help make Dominance exciting, versatile, and challenging. [*]Clicking the graphical back button while inside a thread will take you back to the forum you were last in, rather than all the way back to the Forum Index. [*]Stat tooltips on Dragon Profiles will now accurately display attribute increases for dragons that have multiple augment stones equipped. [*]The second server has been hooked up and is currently running! There are still going to be bumps and optimizations, but it is sharing the load now and taking much strain off the main server. [*]The second server's timezone had been set incorrectly by our system administrators, causing some weirdness with rollovers, ages, and timestamps. The timezone issue has been corrected, and everything should be returning to normal in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience! [/LIST] Other than that, we wanted to extend another huge thank you for being such an awesome, supportive, and thriving community. We hit record numbers today with online concurrency, and just recently passed our first month of live service. Wow! We are humbled to have such a passionate and dedicated playerbase, and we will not falter on our journey to make Flight Rising the best that it can be over the coming weeks and months.
wed_7_10.png

Shock Switch Beta!
Our next upcoming Fairground game, Shock Switch, is now available for beta testing. Shock Switch is a challenging, colorful block-based puzzle game where lining up like-colored cells will cause them to zap out of existence. The difficulty will slowly ramp up over time, so be on the lookout for combos!

Please note: while in a beta state, Shock Switch will likely undergo several restarts and adjustments, and will not award treasure. We would love to get some multiple-platform testing on it before making it lucrative, so if you like this type of game, please feel free to play!

Additional Updates:
  • The Dominance rankings chart now shows only exaltations made during the current week's standings, as opposed to exaltations made in the past 7 days. This change should make the competition climate much more accurate.
  • If a Flight attains Dominance, Battle Weariness will kick in as the other Flights retaliate. While it will still be possible for that Flight to win in the next competition, it will be slightly harder than before. Exaltation credit will be reduced by 10% for the next tally, and will continue to stack for each consecutive win thereafter. We believe that this will help make Dominance exciting, versatile, and challenging.
  • Clicking the graphical back button while inside a thread will take you back to the forum you were last in, rather than all the way back to the Forum Index.
  • Stat tooltips on Dragon Profiles will now accurately display attribute increases for dragons that have multiple augment stones equipped.
  • The second server has been hooked up and is currently running! There are still going to be bumps and optimizations, but it is sharing the load now and taking much strain off the main server.
  • The second server's timezone had been set incorrectly by our system administrators, causing some weirdness with rollovers, ages, and timestamps. The timezone issue has been corrected, and everything should be returning to normal in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience!

Other than that, we wanted to extend another huge thank you for being such an awesome, supportive, and thriving community. We hit record numbers today with online concurrency, and just recently passed our first month of live service. Wow! We are humbled to have such a passionate and dedicated playerbase, and we will not falter on our journey to make Flight Rising the best that it can be over the coming weeks and months.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
Hum-ha. Great work, as per usual. New game sounds like fun.
Hum-ha. Great work, as per usual. New game sounds like fun.
LOVE the changes! Thank you! So excited for the new game :3
LOVE the changes! Thank you! So excited for the new game :3
ixeclKz.png
Aaah! I've been looking forward to Shock Switch, so I am absolutely stoked that the beta is out! And thank you for all the marvelous updates as well.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for your hard work. :D
Aaah! I've been looking forward to Shock Switch, so I am absolutely stoked that the beta is out! And thank you for all the marvelous updates as well.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for your hard work. :D
tickle-logo-black_zps2546b258.png
OH MY GOD! SHOCKSWITCH!! I love you guys.
Also the change to dominance is actually perfect! great balance!
OH MY GOD! SHOCKSWITCH!! I love you guys.
Also the change to dominance is actually perfect! great balance!
Thank you. C: Cannot wait to play the new game!
Thank you. C: Cannot wait to play the new game!
SCORE! I was hoping this would come back soon!

Also, Yay for the Battle Weariness, it's nice to see you guys being receptive to our suggestions!
SCORE! I was hoping this would come back soon!

Also, Yay for the Battle Weariness, it's nice to see you guys being receptive to our suggestions!
1kz7OWt.png
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Thank you for the new game (will test it!) and the adjustments. As always, you guys are fabulous.
Thank you for the new game (will test it!) and the adjustments. As always, you guys are fabulous.
ZPPY.png
Oh, I'm really excited about this new game. Seems just like the style of games I love. :>
Oh, I'm really excited about this new game. Seems just like the style of games I love. :>
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24