Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
And i know its a second comment, but i also feel the need to mention how upsettingly lazy the art is. Yes, they put effort into one wing, sure, but the other? There's such a drastic and glaring inconsistency with how the wings rest and the abuse of warping tools and flipping is genuinely upsetting. I understand it cut back on time and money, but if you cant afford to put more effort into every aspect of the new design, why do a redesign at all? There are countless flaws when you consider the clipping, warping, positioning, and colors of the new design. It feels forced, as if the artists dont actually care how the new designs look, like they wanted to get it out of the way rather than put 100% in.
And i know its a second comment, but i also feel the need to mention how upsettingly lazy the art is. Yes, they put effort into one wing, sure, but the other? There's such a drastic and glaring inconsistency with how the wings rest and the abuse of warping tools and flipping is genuinely upsetting. I understand it cut back on time and money, but if you cant afford to put more effort into every aspect of the new design, why do a redesign at all? There are countless flaws when you consider the clipping, warping, positioning, and colors of the new design. It feels forced, as if the artists dont actually care how the new designs look, like they wanted to get it out of the way rather than put 100% in.
For the art team: The art for all wings for male nocturnes clips over the tail at the wing elbow.
For the art team: The art for all wings for male nocturnes clips over the tail at the wing elbow.
[quote name="GalacticMechanic" date="2019-09-11 01:48:56" ] And i know its a second comment, but i also feel the need to mention how upsettingly lazy the art is. Yes, they put effort into one wing, sure, but the other? There's such a drastic and glaring inconsistency with how the wings rest and the abuse of warping tools and flipping is genuinely upsetting. I understand it cut back on time and money, but if you cant afford to put more effort into every aspect of the new design, why do a redesign at all? There are countless flaws when you consider the clipping, warping, positioning, and colors of the new design. It feels forced, as if the artists dont actually care how the new designs look, like they wanted to get it out of the way rather than put 100% in. [/quote] Im really really trying to get over myself. But i cant. Because you took apparel that i had perfectly fitting on my dragons and in exchange gave me something that totally IGNORES the way how dragon wings go..... seriously i just took it off and spent hour trying too find replacement. I honestly really dont know why are you doing this to us. Is it so hard to give it different name and just release it as new apparel? So all these people that actually hate it can avoid it and continue living with our nice old steampunk apparel? The one that actually follows wings and layers properly? This update is nightmare. Its like you would decide revamp ridgebacks. Or snappers. You cant just redo things because they seem ugly to YOU. *Apparently, you can. Doesnt mean its good thing.* Sorry for rant. But im feeling totally hopeless and helpless and this is the only way i can vent out my displeasure.
GalacticMechanic wrote on 2019-09-11 01:48:56:
Im really really trying to get over myself. But i cant. Because you took apparel that i had perfectly fitting on my dragons and in exchange gave me something that totally IGNORES the way how dragon wings go..... seriously i just took it off and spent hour trying too find replacement.
I honestly really dont know why are you doing this to us. Is it so hard to give it different name and just release it as new apparel? So all these people that actually hate it can avoid it and continue living with our nice old steampunk apparel?
The one that actually follows wings and layers properly?

This update is nightmare. Its like you would decide revamp ridgebacks. Or snappers. You cant just redo things because they seem ugly to YOU. *Apparently, you can. Doesnt mean its good thing.*

Sorry for rant. But im feeling totally hopeless and helpless and this is the only way i can vent out my displeasure.
v4qR3nw.png tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
tumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.png v4qR3nw.png
[quote name="Chimalus" date="2019-09-09 11:28:08" ] [quote name="SchwarzwindSin" date="2019-09-08 15:54:01" ] [quote name="Aristatide" date="2019-09-07 01:54:01" ] Look, I'm going to be real honest: I'm at the point where I completely dread every update of the older art you guys do, because so far there hasn't been an occasion where a dragon I loved the look of didn't wind up with the new art making me liking it at least a little less less. This is the worst one yet, though; I just do not like how the redo looks and have no idea where to go from here. I... appreciate how bothersome it can be to see an older work that doesn't live up to what you know you can do these days. I have some older stories I absolutely feel that way about. But I also know that there are people who really like those stories, so I don't go and take them down and leave completely redone versions headed with notes about all the errors and problem the originals had, because I don't want to insult my readers like that. A lot of us have had years and years with the older art. The site was built on the foundation of that art. I understand there's a clash in terms of style, but I also know it's fully possible to update that style without completely redoing positioning and concept. I wish you guys would go down that route instead. The current way of doing things makes me feel like I was stupid to ever have liked that art, and that you actively hate that I liked that art and want to blot it from memory, and it's not a good feeling. [/quote] ^^^^ Worded more politely and thoroughly than I ever could have put it. I'm in total agreement. [/quote] Same. These penetrating insights, laced with empathy, are super-important. [/quote] Im taking my comment from before back. This nicely covers what i actually wanted to say.
Chimalus wrote on 2019-09-09 11:28:08:
SchwarzwindSin wrote on 2019-09-08 15:54:01:
Aristatide wrote on 2019-09-07 01:54:01:
Look, I'm going to be real honest: I'm at the point where I completely dread every update of the older art you guys do, because so far there hasn't been an occasion where a dragon I loved the look of didn't wind up with the new art making me liking it at least a little less less. This is the worst one yet, though; I just do not like how the redo looks and have no idea where to go from here.

I... appreciate how bothersome it can be to see an older work that doesn't live up to what you know you can do these days. I have some older stories I absolutely feel that way about. But I also know that there are people who really like those stories, so I don't go and take them down and leave completely redone versions headed with notes about all the errors and problem the originals had, because I don't want to insult my readers like that.

A lot of us have had years and years with the older art. The site was built on the foundation of that art. I understand there's a clash in terms of style, but I also know it's fully possible to update that style without completely redoing positioning and concept. I wish you guys would go down that route instead. The current way of doing things makes me feel like I was stupid to ever have liked that art, and that you actively hate that I liked that art and want to blot it from memory, and it's not a good feeling.

^^^^ Worded more politely and thoroughly than I ever could have put it. I'm in total agreement.

Same. These penetrating insights, laced with empathy, are super-important.
Im taking my comment from before back. This nicely covers what i actually wanted to say.
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
Love the update! Was waiting for the steampunk apparel to get an update after the bows got their turn, now I think I can finally use some of it! I hope that birdskull apparel and wooly apparel gets redone next :)

Thanks to the artists for all the great work and for working to fix the color and clipping issues right away.

Also hooray for the second Drakeharvest! Kinda bummed we don't get new familiars but I see why we won't, it would be a bit of work! But I think it would be cool to get new ones every other year for the harvest events.
Love the update! Was waiting for the steampunk apparel to get an update after the bows got their turn, now I think I can finally use some of it! I hope that birdskull apparel and wooly apparel gets redone next :)

Thanks to the artists for all the great work and for working to fix the color and clipping issues right away.

Also hooray for the second Drakeharvest! Kinda bummed we don't get new familiars but I see why we won't, it would be a bit of work! But I think it would be cool to get new ones every other year for the harvest events.
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
I love the update too. Finally I can use the steampunk apparel without it looking out of place! The steampunk apparel needed revising for a while now, so I’m glad to see it happen. The clipping mistakes are kind of a bummer but as long as they’re fixed I’ll be extremly pleased of this update :)
I love the update too. Finally I can use the steampunk apparel without it looking out of place! The steampunk apparel needed revising for a while now, so I’m glad to see it happen. The clipping mistakes are kind of a bummer but as long as they’re fixed I’ll be extremly pleased of this update :)
[img]https://b.imge.to/2019/09/13/v35Vr4.png[/img] Is that cutted line - - - line where it should be?
v35Vr4.png
Is that cutted line - - - line where it should be?
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
for the artists, the shoes on the male spiral clip with the tail
for the artists, the shoes on the male spiral clip with the tail
gOOHrVC.png PLEASE BUY MY DRAGON'S THEY'RE EATING ALL THE FOOD
Constantly 'updating' the art of items is ruining a lot of outfits. The old armor, the bows, and now the steampunk wings have led to me removing a lot off my dragons because they don't work anymore with the design.

It's fine to *add* new designs, change the names of the old items to 'retro' or 'antique'.

But please stop *taking* them from us.
Constantly 'updating' the art of items is ruining a lot of outfits. The old armor, the bows, and now the steampunk wings have led to me removing a lot off my dragons because they don't work anymore with the design.

It's fine to *add* new designs, change the names of the old items to 'retro' or 'antique'.

But please stop *taking* them from us.
Legacy Challenge
Wow! It's awesome! [emoji=gaoler love size=1]
Wow! It's awesome!
lightning.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.pngoQlTGMl.png
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63