Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 63
ohhhh, yay!
ohhhh, yay!
ZNhRsiG.png
Check out me and my friends hatchery http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2647339
llamacorn hatchery!
@PuffinPrincess
No. You're not seeing things. The colors are different. Some of the lanterns have color errors which will be fixed in a later update.

But other differences in color include:
  • More use of yellow since there are more gears in some portions of the apparel
  • Fewer colors for shading, which is what makes the metals look less shiny and gives the outfit a "flat" appearance
  • The old Silver Steampunk apparel had silver clothes. The new one uses mostly black with hints of silver
  • The old Gold Steampunk apparel had gold clothes. The new one uses mostly white with hints of gold

There's probably more color differences but these are just a few that come to mind. This is why some people are upset with the changes too since the changes do affect how some of their dragons look now. Some of the new colors don't match the dragons anymore.
@PuffinPrincess
No. You're not seeing things. The colors are different. Some of the lanterns have color errors which will be fixed in a later update.

But other differences in color include:
  • More use of yellow since there are more gears in some portions of the apparel
  • Fewer colors for shading, which is what makes the metals look less shiny and gives the outfit a "flat" appearance
  • The old Silver Steampunk apparel had silver clothes. The new one uses mostly black with hints of silver
  • The old Gold Steampunk apparel had gold clothes. The new one uses mostly white with hints of gold

There's probably more color differences but these are just a few that come to mind. This is why some people are upset with the changes too since the changes do affect how some of their dragons look now. Some of the new colors don't match the dragons anymore.
LEpJMnn.pngz8s5c34.pngmtHAEL4.pngH0t7Ypl.pngY7MOfeL.pngrI18gRz.png
RXzUVtr.pnggYW0j5f.png8GgdVkW.pngW2pwiXX.pngqJFAY9h.pngadbiRan.png
[quote name="SchwarzwindSin" date="2019-09-08 15:54:01" ] [quote name="Aristatide" date="2019-09-07 01:54:01" ] Look, I'm going to be real honest: I'm at the point where I completely dread every update of the older art you guys do, because so far there hasn't been an occasion where a dragon I loved the look of didn't wind up with the new art making me liking it at least a little less less. This is the worst one yet, though; I just do not like how the redo looks and have no idea where to go from here. I... appreciate how bothersome it can be to see an older work that doesn't live up to what you know you can do these days. I have some older stories I absolutely feel that way about. But I also know that there are people who really like those stories, so I don't go and take them down and leave completely redone versions headed with notes about all the errors and problem the originals had, because I don't want to insult my readers like that. A lot of us have had years and years with the older art. The site was built on the foundation of that art. I understand there's a clash in terms of style, but I also know it's fully possible to update that style without completely redoing positioning and concept. I wish you guys would go down that route instead. The current way of doing things makes me feel like I was stupid to ever have liked that art, and that you actively hate that I liked that art and want to blot it from memory, and it's not a good feeling. [/quote] ^^^^ Worded more politely and thoroughly than I ever could have put it. I'm in total agreement. [/quote] Same. These penetrating insights, laced with empathy, are super-important.
SchwarzwindSin wrote on 2019-09-08 15:54:01:
Aristatide wrote on 2019-09-07 01:54:01:
Look, I'm going to be real honest: I'm at the point where I completely dread every update of the older art you guys do, because so far there hasn't been an occasion where a dragon I loved the look of didn't wind up with the new art making me liking it at least a little less less. This is the worst one yet, though; I just do not like how the redo looks and have no idea where to go from here.

I... appreciate how bothersome it can be to see an older work that doesn't live up to what you know you can do these days. I have some older stories I absolutely feel that way about. But I also know that there are people who really like those stories, so I don't go and take them down and leave completely redone versions headed with notes about all the errors and problem the originals had, because I don't want to insult my readers like that.

A lot of us have had years and years with the older art. The site was built on the foundation of that art. I understand there's a clash in terms of style, but I also know it's fully possible to update that style without completely redoing positioning and concept. I wish you guys would go down that route instead. The current way of doing things makes me feel like I was stupid to ever have liked that art, and that you actively hate that I liked that art and want to blot it from memory, and it's not a good feeling.

^^^^ Worded more politely and thoroughly than I ever could have put it. I'm in total agreement.

Same. These penetrating insights, laced with empathy, are super-important.
He's a narrow man with a narrow plan.
The first Ground, Fissure, and Boulder/Myrid dragons in the game.
I sell house centipede dragons. You love house centipede dragons.
UWU
UWU
99catfish_zpsd8a90dbb.gif
the wings look very cool, i may actually use them now!
the wings look very cool, i may actually use them now!
*Heavy breathing at Galore's gift*
Thank you so so so much for letting us get a set at Galore's! That was super awesome of you guys!!!!! <3333

The new art of this apparel is great! Small updates like these is one of the reasons I like FR ^^
*Heavy breathing at Galore's gift*
Thank you so so so much for letting us get a set at Galore's! That was super awesome of you guys!!!!! <3333

The new art of this apparel is great! Small updates like these is one of the reasons I like FR ^^
73400185_QGhKtUE3x8ejuLQ.png L8McelQ.png
> He/Him; FtM
> Disabled
> Adult user
> +3hr server time

L8McelQ.png
L8McelQ.png
Links;
> Color challenge
> My wishlist!
> CS for FR

L8McelQ.png
well thats nicd owo
well thats nicd owo
59016943_dOdzAEuKw9GSB0Q.png59017876_A3lUbHlp6rJc3Th.gif59017720_82BBv1ICHJzv4c7.gif
Is the FR team trying to shine up the grunge apparel? I'm worried because half my lair theme is shiny dragons wearing grunge apparel.
Is the FR team trying to shine up the grunge apparel? I'm worried because half my lair theme is shiny dragons wearing grunge apparel.
.tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png 8DyXvaa.pngQMvFMzB.png .
Now that I had a day to cool on this, I wanted to offer some thoughts:

on the negative, I dislike how drastic some of the changes are. The apparel itself is nice, but the steampunk armer in particular, was fitting a niche that few other apparel sets were. Namely they were something mechanical, and their positioning was somewhat unique. For example the wing set didn't cover up the wings quite the same way, so you used to be able to see some wing-accents below them. The new wing set, covers quite a bit more of the wing.

On the positive, I really like how we were gifted that new separate wing-armor piece, since that was how some of the dragons looked like with the old steampunk apparel. I like the way the vests look, and to be truthful, i sort of like some of the smaller details. I like how they fit a little bit better with some of the newer apparel, while still being its own thing. I don't know-i think they're kind of neat.
Now that I had a day to cool on this, I wanted to offer some thoughts:

on the negative, I dislike how drastic some of the changes are. The apparel itself is nice, but the steampunk armer in particular, was fitting a niche that few other apparel sets were. Namely they were something mechanical, and their positioning was somewhat unique. For example the wing set didn't cover up the wings quite the same way, so you used to be able to see some wing-accents below them. The new wing set, covers quite a bit more of the wing.

On the positive, I really like how we were gifted that new separate wing-armor piece, since that was how some of the dragons looked like with the old steampunk apparel. I like the way the vests look, and to be truthful, i sort of like some of the smaller details. I like how they fit a little bit better with some of the newer apparel, while still being its own thing. I don't know-i think they're kind of neat.
oof,, i kind of like the old wing designs better... one of my dragons doesnt look the way i want him to now :(
oof,, i kind of like the old wing designs better... one of my dragons doesnt look the way i want him to now :(
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 63