Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 63
These look excellent! Great job team! [emoji=nocturne star size=1]
These look excellent! Great job team!
812d1f0ddf8bfc0ce8ab477585aa949d15dd9c3e.gif8a3dd0b4432df68f7786d4239b6e4152098e6713.gif
olleyes.gif Kami | he/him olleyes.gif
Click the ufo sticker if you want to believe in my art
oui.gif
Is the color for the Copper steampunk googles wrong? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=316509] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3166/316509_350.png[/img] [/url] They have no green on them and look the exact same as brass goggles
Is the color for the Copper steampunk googles wrong?

316509_350.png

They have no green on them and look the exact same as brass goggles
700px-MH_10th_Anniversary-Main_Series_Monsters_Comparison.png
[quote name="Aristatide" date="2019-09-07 01:54:01" ] Look, I'm going to be real honest: I'm at the point where I completely dread every update of the older art you guys do, because so far there hasn't been an occasion where a dragon I loved the look of didn't wind up with the new art making me liking it at least a little less less. This is the worst one yet, though; I just do not like how the redo looks and have no idea where to go from here. I... appreciate how bothersome it can be to see an older work that doesn't live up to what you know you can do these days. I have some older stories I absolutely feel that way about. But I also know that there are people who really like those stories, so I don't go and take them down and leave completely redone versions headed with notes about all the errors and problem the originals had, because I don't want to insult my readers like that. A lot of us have had years and years with the older art. The site was built on the foundation of that art. I understand there's a clash in terms of style, but I also know it's fully possible to update that style without completely redoing positioning and concept. I wish you guys would go down that route instead. The current way of doing things makes me feel like I was stupid to ever have liked that art, and that you actively hate that I liked that art and want to blot it from memory, and it's not a good feeling. [/quote] ^^^^ Worded more politely and thoroughly than I ever could have put it. I'm in total agreement.
Aristatide wrote on 2019-09-07 01:54:01:
Look, I'm going to be real honest: I'm at the point where I completely dread every update of the older art you guys do, because so far there hasn't been an occasion where a dragon I loved the look of didn't wind up with the new art making me liking it at least a little less less. This is the worst one yet, though; I just do not like how the redo looks and have no idea where to go from here.

I... appreciate how bothersome it can be to see an older work that doesn't live up to what you know you can do these days. I have some older stories I absolutely feel that way about. But I also know that there are people who really like those stories, so I don't go and take them down and leave completely redone versions headed with notes about all the errors and problem the originals had, because I don't want to insult my readers like that.

A lot of us have had years and years with the older art. The site was built on the foundation of that art. I understand there's a clash in terms of style, but I also know it's fully possible to update that style without completely redoing positioning and concept. I wish you guys would go down that route instead. The current way of doing things makes me feel like I was stupid to ever have liked that art, and that you actively hate that I liked that art and want to blot it from memory, and it's not a good feeling.

^^^^ Worded more politely and thoroughly than I ever could have put it. I'm in total agreement.
cnFe09Q.gif
[center][size=4]Yoooo this steampunk stuff looks super [color=006FF6]FRESH[/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hDk2E0b.png[/img] [size=3] look at my baby boye!
Yoooo this steampunk stuff looks super FRESH
hDk2E0b.png
look at my baby boye!
3EopvJR.pngcorgnado.pngbABY_MOFF_doodooo.png
Not going to lie, I did prefer the old look better. But oh well.
Not going to lie, I did prefer the old look better. But oh well.
JpR0fLu.png
I'm absolutely loving the new look, and I adore what they've done with it, but I gotta agree with a lot of the criticisms: they don't layer too well, no one got a say or vote in the update, and they're vastly different from the original look (at least, wing-wise) to the point of it looking like new apparel entirely. I only used the apparel for one of my dragons, so I guess I don't really have much to complain about, but the wings look so different on him now, and clash with every other apparel piece. Before, they were what really made the design -- now, with the positioning of the feathers and how busy they look (plus how they spike more than curve), it completely breaks it. Even when trying to layer things over the wings, it's like the new art clashes much more than the old art ever did (wing-wise).

I love, love LOVE the new wings, but the old ones had a special look that no other apparel had, and now, they've lost it. I respect the decisions of the developers, but I'm really sad to see them go. ;w;

Edit: I've realized that one of the major problems with the wings, aside from what I stated above, is that the new wing art goes OVER the tails of male Pearlcatchers, instead of BEHIND it. It makes it look as if the art was copy-pasted over the dragon, instead of actually being against the wing, and working with it. I hope that makes sense!
I'm absolutely loving the new look, and I adore what they've done with it, but I gotta agree with a lot of the criticisms: they don't layer too well, no one got a say or vote in the update, and they're vastly different from the original look (at least, wing-wise) to the point of it looking like new apparel entirely. I only used the apparel for one of my dragons, so I guess I don't really have much to complain about, but the wings look so different on him now, and clash with every other apparel piece. Before, they were what really made the design -- now, with the positioning of the feathers and how busy they look (plus how they spike more than curve), it completely breaks it. Even when trying to layer things over the wings, it's like the new art clashes much more than the old art ever did (wing-wise).

I love, love LOVE the new wings, but the old ones had a special look that no other apparel had, and now, they've lost it. I respect the decisions of the developers, but I'm really sad to see them go. ;w;

Edit: I've realized that one of the major problems with the wings, aside from what I stated above, is that the new wing art goes OVER the tails of male Pearlcatchers, instead of BEHIND it. It makes it look as if the art was copy-pasted over the dragon, instead of actually being against the wing, and working with it. I hope that makes sense!
Dez - No pronouns - 23 - FR+0
Next do the wing wraps/bandages that go through the dragon's wing. There's got to be a better way...

(Also, yes, this update borked several of my outfits that were dependent on the old look, but... what can you do?)
Next do the wing wraps/bandages that go through the dragon's wing. There's got to be a better way...

(Also, yes, this update borked several of my outfits that were dependent on the old look, but... what can you do?)
this is amazing! i really love this update!
this is amazing! i really love this update!
uUy6CkM.png
I like the new set but I loved the old one.

If they were separate this would be great, but no...

specifically the vests and the wings.

they look princessy now when before they looked, grungy. I don't like that they've been replaced, but I fully support a new-punk set
I like the new set but I loved the old one.

If they were separate this would be great, but no...

specifically the vests and the wings.

they look princessy now when before they looked, grungy. I don't like that they've been replaced, but I fully support a new-punk set
Yay for the festival, but now I have to find something different apparel-wise for Flare because this just... I don't like it. :( [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501146/50114538_350.png[/img]
Yay for the festival, but now I have to find something different apparel-wise for Flare because this just... I don't like it. :(

50114538_350.png
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 63