Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40 41
@mywifedivorcedme

Y'all have been waiting for this C:
@mywifedivorcedme

Y'all have been waiting for this C:
i have one thing to say

i Stan boogiewoogie
i have one thing to say

i Stan boogiewoogie
i love this!! i really love the amount of thought and care you put into these ideas and plans. you know your playerbase well!
i love this!! i really love the amount of thought and care you put into these ideas and plans. you know your playerbase well!
Jay // they/he // +0 server time
oh wow, this is SO exciting!!! i have a lot of thoughts!

i'm not someone who likes pvp at all but i'm STOKED for the friend battles! first and foremost, it actually gives the friend list here a real usage, which is something i've wanted forever. so now friends mean a little bit more :'D but that aside, it's so great because it provides a controlled system to guarantee play with your friends! the custom rules are super neat, i LOVE the prospect (especially things like no eliminate LOL). and can you imagine rules that you and your friends make? like "can only use one dragon with scratch" etc? aaaa there's so much potential!

i think one thing that caught my eye was the chat feature? on the one hand i think that's FANTASTIC, and super cool that fr would have a chatting function somewhere on site; on the other hand, is there any possibility people would hop in to use the chatroom as on-site IM, and could that cause any lag...?

even if i don't pvp, i'm really glad it's being re-implemented and balances are being considered! i know this will certainly make a lot of people really happy, and i bet you guys have a lot of plans to make ranked battles super fun and worthwhile ^^

i'm waiting for a suggestions megathread to pop up about the update (i'm not invested enough in ranked to make it myself), but there is a thought i wanted to get out right away: while i do support the rewards of visually sharing champion dragons and rewarding with vistas, i do not like the idea of clan-bound apparel. the biggest reason to this is that, while things like vistas have been regularly rewarded in the past (skin/accent, coloring, and caption contests, etc.), there's too much potential for these ranked-locked apparel to fill a very popular battle niche in dragon customization. ranked pvp is incredibly intimidating and potentially anxiety inducing, but so many dragons here on site are themed to be fighters, even if the users themselves do not do pvp. i don't really think it's something people can "work up to" as there's no tiered ranking, meaning in order to get some of the theorized apparel, an average user may have to achieve 1% status for something they fell in love with. ks and retired items are different in this context, because even those can still be bought from other users. generally i do not think clan-bound apparel is a good idea anyway, but in particular, since this is the first instance of its suggestion, i wanted to address it here. (also not to mention: what quantity of said apparel? one dragon, one per team, one per win, etc?) if a suggestion thread comes up, i'll probably toss my ideas in a more collected manner there!

but regardless, i'm thrilled with this update; thank you so much!!
oh wow, this is SO exciting!!! i have a lot of thoughts!

i'm not someone who likes pvp at all but i'm STOKED for the friend battles! first and foremost, it actually gives the friend list here a real usage, which is something i've wanted forever. so now friends mean a little bit more :'D but that aside, it's so great because it provides a controlled system to guarantee play with your friends! the custom rules are super neat, i LOVE the prospect (especially things like no eliminate LOL). and can you imagine rules that you and your friends make? like "can only use one dragon with scratch" etc? aaaa there's so much potential!

i think one thing that caught my eye was the chat feature? on the one hand i think that's FANTASTIC, and super cool that fr would have a chatting function somewhere on site; on the other hand, is there any possibility people would hop in to use the chatroom as on-site IM, and could that cause any lag...?

even if i don't pvp, i'm really glad it's being re-implemented and balances are being considered! i know this will certainly make a lot of people really happy, and i bet you guys have a lot of plans to make ranked battles super fun and worthwhile ^^

i'm waiting for a suggestions megathread to pop up about the update (i'm not invested enough in ranked to make it myself), but there is a thought i wanted to get out right away: while i do support the rewards of visually sharing champion dragons and rewarding with vistas, i do not like the idea of clan-bound apparel. the biggest reason to this is that, while things like vistas have been regularly rewarded in the past (skin/accent, coloring, and caption contests, etc.), there's too much potential for these ranked-locked apparel to fill a very popular battle niche in dragon customization. ranked pvp is incredibly intimidating and potentially anxiety inducing, but so many dragons here on site are themed to be fighters, even if the users themselves do not do pvp. i don't really think it's something people can "work up to" as there's no tiered ranking, meaning in order to get some of the theorized apparel, an average user may have to achieve 1% status for something they fell in love with. ks and retired items are different in this context, because even those can still be bought from other users. generally i do not think clan-bound apparel is a good idea anyway, but in particular, since this is the first instance of its suggestion, i wanted to address it here. (also not to mention: what quantity of said apparel? one dragon, one per team, one per win, etc?) if a suggestion thread comes up, i'll probably toss my ideas in a more collected manner there!

but regardless, i'm thrilled with this update; thank you so much!!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Woah this looks neat :0

I haven't done pvp before but I'm def excited
Woah this looks neat :0

I haven't done pvp before but I'm def excited
3dl8TjK.png
CpFdYgG.png
JvUa9ma.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
FObX7rS.png
a0f71f0b64618ebbdcdf275c93d7d067ef8f7632.png
back in ye olden days, me and my bud Allo would do a countdown in text chat and jump into the PvP coli with our 25 teams at the same time, and it was STILL touch and go whether we'd actually get to fight each other within 30 mins while we lazed around looking at a loading screen

This sounds like absolute LIGHT YEARS better and I'm so excited to try it out!! I adore unusual builds as well, I have a meditating melee and several anticipators, I can't wait to try out all the new things and potential combos brought on by the tweaks 83
back in ye olden days, me and my bud Allo would do a countdown in text chat and jump into the PvP coli with our 25 teams at the same time, and it was STILL touch and go whether we'd actually get to fight each other within 30 mins while we lazed around looking at a loading screen

This sounds like absolute LIGHT YEARS better and I'm so excited to try it out!! I adore unusual builds as well, I have a meditating melee and several anticipators, I can't wait to try out all the new things and potential combos brought on by the tweaks 83
Oh man this sounds so good! I never got a chance to try pvp on the old system as it would never load, so I'm excite for whenever the pvp will roll out!
Oh man this sounds so good! I never got a chance to try pvp on the old system as it would never load, so I'm excite for whenever the pvp will roll out!
hANn2C0.gif
Oh my lord, it's going to be like the pokeleague.... but better. I'm so hyped for this!!!
Oh my lord, it's going to be like the pokeleague.... but better. I'm so hyped for this!!!
Ooh nice! This sounds so exciting!
Ooh nice! This sounds so exciting!
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
Awesome! Glad to hear there is still work behind put behind this and the future of the coliseum!
Awesome! Glad to hear there is still work behind put behind this and the future of the coliseum!
Spr_2c_144_s.png Lucy (FR+3 / US EST)
ShinyVIStar.png art shop
ShinyVIStar.png wishlist
ShinyVIStar.png PM me for Toyhouse codes!!
70c9b36745a49fc9888c3550f61c4379c99dc258.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40 41