Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40 41
[quote name="velkyr" date="2019-08-21 09:31:32" ] I'm excited for this, but I feel like there should be a rule to ALLOW eliminate rather than disallow it. As in, it should be disabled in PvP by default, especially in ranked matches... [/quote] [size=2]Isn't eliminate automatically allowed if it's equipped to your derg? I'm not sure I follow you.
velkyr wrote on 2019-08-21 09:31:32:
I'm excited for this, but I feel like there should be a rule to ALLOW eliminate rather than disallow it. As in, it should be disabled in PvP by default, especially in ranked matches...

Isn't eliminate automatically allowed if it's equipped to your derg?

I'm not sure I follow you.
imageedit-1-4146692772.png s h a l t

» she/her/they
» fr +3, but not always active *cough* school
» no random friend requests
[center][quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-08-21 09:31:57" ] C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end [/quote] [quote name="skarpetky" date="2019-08-21 09:41:57" ] This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound! [/quote] Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all [i]know[/i] the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset. And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then [i]no one[/i] would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has.
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-08-21 09:31:57:
C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work

But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end
skarpetky wrote on 2019-08-21 09:41:57:
This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound!

Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all know the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset.

And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then no one would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
I remember the OG PvP boy was that rough xD I'm excited for this one though!
I remember the OG PvP boy was that rough xD I'm excited for this one though!
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
Nice :o
Nice :o
Ferberus · she / her
· FR+2
· english, polish
· plague flight
· wishlist
I'm so excited for the abilities review ! Especially the tanking ones ! :D
I'm so excited for the abilities review ! Especially the tanking ones ! :D
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
Great[emoji=spiral star size=1] I'm so looking forward to it ^^
Great I'm so looking forward to it ^^
cbQdPvX.png
Oh, nice stuffs!
Oh, nice stuffs!
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
I'm so happy to see this finally coming back!
I'm so happy to see this finally coming back!
Y02PS6v.png
Oh my gosh?? This genuinely sounds like a TON OF FUN AHHHH
Oh my gosh?? This genuinely sounds like a TON OF FUN AHHHH
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="velkyr" date="2019-08-21 09:31:32" ] I'm excited for this, but I feel like there should be a rule to ALLOW eliminate rather than disallow it. As in, it should be disabled in PvP by default, especially in ranked matches... [/quote] Fair, Eliminate is pretty silly. On the bright side though, at least Galore made it a little more accessible for players for now - prices are still way down from before. Though, in Coli you build up Breath for multiple Eliminates over the course of several battles; I imagine unless you use a Breath rule or something, you wouldn't be able to insta-Eliminate your enemy's whole team.
velkyr wrote on 2019-08-21 09:31:32:
I'm excited for this, but I feel like there should be a rule to ALLOW eliminate rather than disallow it. As in, it should be disabled in PvP by default, especially in ranked matches...
Fair, Eliminate is pretty silly. On the bright side though, at least Galore made it a little more accessible for players for now - prices are still way down from before.
Though, in Coli you build up Breath for multiple Eliminates over the course of several battles; I imagine unless you use a Breath rule or something, you wouldn't be able to insta-Eliminate your enemy's whole team.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40 41