Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41
That all looks exciting and fun, especially from an rp standpoint for me! While pvp isn't generally something I'm dedicated to and just do for fun (if at all), I do have a couple questions and suggestions.

1) Is there going to be a way you can test your builds, if abilities are going to work a little differently in the future, without entering a ranked match and in a training room? There are, of course, players that usually play fr on their own and won't have friends to play with, and I feel like entering a ranked match with a new setup could have consequences if a setup doesn't work as well as their theory would imply.

2) In ranked pvp, will usernames/dragon ids/ect be able to be left anonymous? Whether by the player's preference to hide their own info, or as a global decision to hide everybody's info in pvp?

3) While I'm less concerned about this since the pvp system would ideally match you up with players of similar skill as yours, would there be a way to find random matches that don't influence your rank? Again, I ask from the standpoint of testing setups against real people, but especially with a training room, I'm not sure it's that big of a concern of mine.

4) Are miss rates going to be a concern in pvp?

5) Will battle chat be a thing, at least in friend battles? I was originally just thinking that I'd like to tell people "good game!" so even predetermined messages would be neat, but then I thought about the roleplaying side of things and wonder if a proper chat system would be neat.
Given the chatting restrictions for trading, I imaging it wouldn't work as a live chatroom and would be limited between the battlers (1 message per turn, perhaps?) to reduce server load or something, but that might be fun too :0! ofc I don't know if that would impact the website though

Despite not being a very pvp oriented person in general (and these questions coming from my recent experience in an mmo and how they handle it all) I'm very excited! I think overhauling some battle stones and abilities for the pvp update can open doors for builds that aren't the normal farming ones, and I'll definitely be wanting to spectate friend battles when the beta drops. I'm very much looking forward to it!
That all looks exciting and fun, especially from an rp standpoint for me! While pvp isn't generally something I'm dedicated to and just do for fun (if at all), I do have a couple questions and suggestions.

1) Is there going to be a way you can test your builds, if abilities are going to work a little differently in the future, without entering a ranked match and in a training room? There are, of course, players that usually play fr on their own and won't have friends to play with, and I feel like entering a ranked match with a new setup could have consequences if a setup doesn't work as well as their theory would imply.

2) In ranked pvp, will usernames/dragon ids/ect be able to be left anonymous? Whether by the player's preference to hide their own info, or as a global decision to hide everybody's info in pvp?

3) While I'm less concerned about this since the pvp system would ideally match you up with players of similar skill as yours, would there be a way to find random matches that don't influence your rank? Again, I ask from the standpoint of testing setups against real people, but especially with a training room, I'm not sure it's that big of a concern of mine.

4) Are miss rates going to be a concern in pvp?

5) Will battle chat be a thing, at least in friend battles? I was originally just thinking that I'd like to tell people "good game!" so even predetermined messages would be neat, but then I thought about the roleplaying side of things and wonder if a proper chat system would be neat.
Given the chatting restrictions for trading, I imaging it wouldn't work as a live chatroom and would be limited between the battlers (1 message per turn, perhaps?) to reduce server load or something, but that might be fun too :0! ofc I don't know if that would impact the website though

Despite not being a very pvp oriented person in general (and these questions coming from my recent experience in an mmo and how they handle it all) I'm very excited! I think overhauling some battle stones and abilities for the pvp update can open doors for builds that aren't the normal farming ones, and I'll definitely be wanting to spectate friend battles when the beta drops. I'm very much looking forward to it!
i really like the vista idea
spectators are also very very awesome
this is gonna be so much fun
i really like the vista idea
spectators are also very very awesome
this is gonna be so much fun
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
Ok, ok, ok, hear me out.
Flight Tournaments, with spectators and all that.
Each flight has bracketed pvp competitions.
Winner of each Flight takes on each other for a world championship.
Ok, ok, ok, hear me out.
Flight Tournaments, with spectators and all that.
Each flight has bracketed pvp competitions.
Winner of each Flight takes on each other for a world championship.
This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound!
This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound!

bannerart_2021.png
*FAMILIAR BATTLE*
catch me setting every friend battle to be familiars instead of dragons
*FAMILIAR BATTLE*
catch me setting every friend battle to be familiars instead of dragons
@Aequorin Thank you!
@Aequorin Thank you!
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
evIwcId.png
[quote name="mmuted" date="2019-08-21 09:38:39" ] YEAHHHHHHHHH Yall, lore lairs: imagine PvP battles between warring clans to determine the outcome of a battle in your stories! [/quote] [i]Yes![/i] This already sounds amazing on so many levels. Changing your dragons to familiars? Awesome! New apparel and vistas? Great! Custom stats? Wonderful! Thank you for all your hard work to get this up and running again, staff.
mmuted wrote on 2019-08-21 09:38:39:
YEAHHHHHHHHH

Yall, lore lairs: imagine PvP battles between warring clans to determine the outcome of a battle in your stories!

Yes! This already sounds amazing on so many levels.

Changing your dragons to familiars? Awesome! New apparel and vistas? Great! Custom stats? Wonderful! Thank you for all your hard work to get this up and running again, staff.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Clan bound battle apparel!! I hope this idea stays! I'd love that!
Clan bound battle apparel!! I hope this idea stays! I'd love that!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Oh god i'm so EXCITED
This is exactly what has been missing here all this time
It will be absolutely AWESOME if the dominance of the flights will depend on the fights of the players!
Oh god i'm so EXCITED
This is exactly what has been missing here all this time
It will be absolutely AWESOME if the dominance of the flights will depend on the fights of the players!
ddeundv-4ab1e753-4043-40a5-a43b-4447ed218152.gif x x x
1NvphvS.png
GpIVvm1.png
Father / Fob
4SzSxLW.png
SRsfBYm.png
x hDNVBOu.png
S3J5uo7.png
FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
x Np4NxIR.png
BzjAkuF.png
em6G0U2.png
xx ara9Ywc.png
Speaking of coli, has anything come out of these discussions (bold by me)?... I might have missed that as I don't always search for updates, sorry. [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-03-26 05:58:47" ] Hello folks! We've had to remove some posts from the thread. A quick reminder, discussions of individual team members is prohibited under our Rules & Policies. This is extended to and includes former team members, not only current. Editing to add: [b]Regarding captchas in the Coliseum, I can say that we are and have been discussing captchas and options.[/b] Beyond that, I cannot comment further or answer any questions at this time. [/quote]
Speaking of coli, has anything come out of these discussions (bold by me)?... I might have missed that as I don't always search for updates, sorry.

Aequorin wrote on 2018-03-26 05:58:47:
Hello folks! We've had to remove some posts from the thread.

A quick reminder, discussions of individual team members is prohibited under our Rules & Policies. This is extended to and includes former team members, not only current.

Editing to add: Regarding captchas in the Coliseum, I can say that we are and have been discussing captchas and options. Beyond that, I cannot comment further or answer any questions at this time.
JQQ3Fjt.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41