Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
[quote name="FableTheWolf" date="2019-09-01 12:55:00" ] I actually love the idea of trying to keep the PVP out of the site's economy. In many general video games once PVP comes in everyone flocks to it in the interest of getting good drops and I know that's not what FR is all about. FR has tried harder than any other place I know to create a unified community and they've done very well. Keeping PVP rewards out of the economy is good for encouraging and maintaining that community, because to do otherwise means prioritizing other members beating the hell out of each other constantly for the sake of those good drops and nothing else. There's a fine line between rivalry and greed, and I really have to give a lot of credit to the FR team for recognizing it and giving an effort to making sure their site is on the right side of it. It's so rare to find a development team of any sort interested in maintaining this kind of atmosphere, and I don't think people give that enough credit. I guess in short: I can't wait to see what you guys do with this, and I really hope you guys stay true to your vision. Good luck! [/quote] Also that is true Pvp community in every game becomes toxic as soon as theres profitable rewards that coul be traded by ingame or rl currency If things cant be traded but everione can still make progress towrd them sounds like a sweet middle spot, I like it!
FableTheWolf wrote on 2019-09-01 12:55:00:
I actually love the idea of trying to keep the PVP out of the site's economy. In many general video games once PVP comes in everyone flocks to it in the interest of getting good drops and I know that's not what FR is all about. FR has tried harder than any other place I know to create a unified community and they've done very well. Keeping PVP rewards out of the economy is good for encouraging and maintaining that community, because to do otherwise means prioritizing other members beating the hell out of each other constantly for the sake of those good drops and nothing else. There's a fine line between rivalry and greed, and I really have to give a lot of credit to the FR team for recognizing it and giving an effort to making sure their site is on the right side of it. It's so rare to find a development team of any sort interested in maintaining this kind of atmosphere, and I don't think people give that enough credit.

I guess in short: I can't wait to see what you guys do with this, and I really hope you guys stay true to your vision. Good luck!
Also that is true
Pvp community in every game becomes toxic as soon as theres profitable rewards that coul be traded by ingame or rl currency
If things cant be traded but everione can still make progress towrd them sounds like a sweet middle spot, I like it!
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41