Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
[emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
kV9q7M8.gif
I've got a question, because I'm a little curious. While you're in the queue for PvP, will you be able to exit the coliseum while you are waiting, and look around the forums, or will they have to stay in the coli in order to get the notification/stay in queue?

If so, I think the ability to leave for forums while you're waiting without losing your place would be nice! If you pass the time quicker with forums, rather than with coli stuffs.
I've got a question, because I'm a little curious. While you're in the queue for PvP, will you be able to exit the coliseum while you are waiting, and look around the forums, or will they have to stay in the coli in order to get the notification/stay in queue?

If so, I think the ability to leave for forums while you're waiting without losing your place would be nice! If you pass the time quicker with forums, rather than with coli stuffs.
vv my hatchery vv

6bbca26bc3df5d3564da0ed61504fc8d8ecc50de.png
Glad to know that battle themed apparel is going to be locked from people. We FINALLY get some apparel that isn't flowery, cutesy, delicate, cupcake crap and it's clanbound. Honestly just feels like a punishment for liking certain themes. Thanks.
Glad to know that battle themed apparel is going to be locked from people. We FINALLY get some apparel that isn't flowery, cutesy, delicate, cupcake crap and it's clanbound. Honestly just feels like a punishment for liking certain themes. Thanks.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
YEEEAAAAH BOOOIIII I've literally wanted pvp ever since I joined flight rising!
YEEEAAAAH BOOOIIII I've literally wanted pvp ever since I joined flight rising!
a derpy icicle :3
[quote name="Kalia" date="2019-08-23 08:53:53" ] I would really LOVE to see some actually good magical build - I'm not into PvP, but it would be nice to be able to use some magic in PvE for other stuff than occasional healing... So hopefully you could work something out while balancing PvP. [/quote] ^^^^This. It seems like all magic builds are crappy and irrelevant except for literally 1; I love magic in games so it's a shame that it's not more effective in this one. When I first got into FR I made my custom progen a mage and it was quite difficult to get through the coliseum with her on the team even on lower-level venues; I eventually gave up and had to go look up a coli levelling guide.
Kalia wrote on 2019-08-23 08:53:53:
I would really LOVE to see some actually good magical build - I'm not into PvP, but it would be nice to be able to use some magic in PvE for other stuff than occasional healing...
So hopefully you could work something out while balancing PvP.
^^^^This. It seems like all magic builds are crappy and irrelevant except for literally 1; I love magic in games so it's a shame that it's not more effective in this one.
When I first got into FR I made my custom progen a mage and it was quite difficult to get through the coliseum with her on the team even on lower-level venues; I eventually gave up and had to go look up a coli levelling guide.
Hmmm... I think this update has been delayed for a year...
Hmmm... I think this update has been delayed for a year...
tNwD8Ts.png
149CV10171821.gif
This is gonna be wicked! [emoji=spiral laughing size=2]
This is gonna be wicked!
Its interesting that a lot of people here are bucking clanbound coli apparel. It makes sense with the idea of a free access world, but I believe the whole point is to give incentive to play the coli. I know I didn't know a lot of people who tried to coli battle when the system was up previously, and everyone loves apparel. It's the perfect way to get people involved in PVP, but it will undoubtedly be a tricky balance. You'd have to be pretty generous on the rewards system I think. But let's look quickly at an important comment I saw here: [quote name="HaloJones" date="2019-08-23 13:51:58" ] Please NO CLANBOUND ANYTHING as a prize. That's not a desirable prize. Filling my inventory up with stuff I can't sell is a NEGATIVE REWARD - it's less likely to make me want to participate at all. [/quote] I can understand this being a concern for many people, and I too love a streamlined horde (flying in the face of dragon logic here). Something you guys might want to consider is a battle points system maybe for obtaining the rewards? People can still get their clanbound rewards but only if they choose to cash in their wins. And yes I know that has its own set of obstacles and doing this revamp is enough work as it is, but its just a thought. I actually love the idea of trying to keep the PVP out of the site's economy. In many general video games once PVP comes in everyone flocks to it in the interest of getting good drops and I know that's not what FR is all about. FR has tried harder than any other place I know to create a unified community and they've done very well. Keeping PVP rewards out of the economy is good for encouraging and maintaining that community, because to do otherwise means prioritizing other members beating the hell out of each other constantly for the sake of those good drops and nothing else. There's a fine line between rivalry and greed, and I really have to give a lot of credit to the FR team for recognizing it and giving an effort to making sure their site is on the right side of it. It's so rare to find a development team of any sort interested in maintaining this kind of atmosphere, and I don't think people give that enough credit. I guess in short: I can't wait to see what you guys do with this, and I really hope you guys stay true to your vision. Good luck!
Its interesting that a lot of people here are bucking clanbound coli apparel. It makes sense with the idea of a free access world, but I believe the whole point is to give incentive to play the coli. I know I didn't know a lot of people who tried to coli battle when the system was up previously, and everyone loves apparel. It's the perfect way to get people involved in PVP, but it will undoubtedly be a tricky balance. You'd have to be pretty generous on the rewards system I think.

But let's look quickly at an important comment I saw here:
HaloJones wrote on 2019-08-23 13:51:58:
Please NO CLANBOUND ANYTHING as a prize.
That's not a desirable prize. Filling my inventory up with stuff I can't sell is a NEGATIVE REWARD - it's less likely to make me want to participate at all.

I can understand this being a concern for many people, and I too love a streamlined horde (flying in the face of dragon logic here). Something you guys might want to consider is a battle points system maybe for obtaining the rewards? People can still get their clanbound rewards but only if they choose to cash in their wins.
And yes I know that has its own set of obstacles and doing this revamp is enough work as it is, but its just a thought.

I actually love the idea of trying to keep the PVP out of the site's economy. In many general video games once PVP comes in everyone flocks to it in the interest of getting good drops and I know that's not what FR is all about. FR has tried harder than any other place I know to create a unified community and they've done very well. Keeping PVP rewards out of the economy is good for encouraging and maintaining that community, because to do otherwise means prioritizing other members beating the hell out of each other constantly for the sake of those good drops and nothing else. There's a fine line between rivalry and greed, and I really have to give a lot of credit to the FR team for recognizing it and giving an effort to making sure their site is on the right side of it. It's so rare to find a development team of any sort interested in maintaining this kind of atmosphere, and I don't think people give that enough credit.

I guess in short: I can't wait to see what you guys do with this, and I really hope you guys stay true to your vision. Good luck!
I can't wait to fight my inactive friends.

Edit: The coming soon thing was there for years I think, very old.
I can't wait to fight my inactive friends.

Edit: The coming soon thing was there for years I think, very old.
ougfmP3.png
Clanbound sounds really cool! Having something to work by myself towrds is a nice challenge I like it. Also new coli builds and tactics I should start thinking into lvling some dragons and see what builds become good at it!
Clanbound sounds really cool! Having something to work by myself towrds is a nice challenge I like it. Also new coli builds and tactics I should start thinking into lvling some dragons and see what builds become good at it!
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41