Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41
FIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHT
FIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHT
dNCLmdm.png
SO cool
Definitely looking forward to this!
SO cool
Definitely looking forward to this!
bruh
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-08-21 10:30:09" ] [quote name="Pinkee" date="2019-08-21 10:17:31" ] [quote name="SpaceRobotWifi" date="2019-08-21 09:47:30" ] [center][quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-08-21 09:31:57" ] C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end [/quote] [quote name="skarpetky" date="2019-08-21 09:41:57" ] This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound! [/quote] Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all [i]know[/i] the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset. And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then [i]no one[/i] would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has. [/quote] This exactly is what will happen and as a person who doesn't enjoy PVP at all would try it simply for the perks but no hope of ever getting them because of the 'stack' rate of powerhouses [/quote] There seems to be some concern about the idea of clanbound apparel being locked out from players who don't consistently top the leaderboards. If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it [i]faster[/i], but not exclusively. [/quote] I'm little concerned about this as well, if I'm being honest. The easiest way around this though is a probably new marketplace tab, or maybe a little shop in off the Battle menu itself. You get currency for making the leaderboard, with number 1 getting the most rewards and as you go down in rank you get less (#1 gets, say, 50 'coins', #2 gets 45, #3 gets 40, etc). The people who don't place could get grouped into percentages (top 20% get 10 'coins' top 30% get 8- [i]you get the idea[/i]). Then you can use those in the special shop for the special items?
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-08-21 10:30:09:
Pinkee wrote on 2019-08-21 10:17:31:
Quote:
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-08-21 09:31:57:
C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work

But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end
skarpetky wrote on 2019-08-21 09:41:57:
This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound!

Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all know the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset.

And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then no one would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has.

This exactly is what will happen and as a person who doesn't enjoy PVP at all would try it simply for the perks but no hope of ever getting them because of the 'stack' rate of powerhouses

There seems to be some concern about the idea of clanbound apparel being locked out from players who don't consistently top the leaderboards.

If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it faster, but not exclusively.
I'm little concerned about this as well, if I'm being honest. The easiest way around this though is a probably new marketplace tab, or maybe a little shop in off the Battle menu itself. You get currency for making the leaderboard, with number 1 getting the most rewards and as you go down in rank you get less (#1 gets, say, 50 'coins', #2 gets 45, #3 gets 40, etc). The people who don't place could get grouped into percentages (top 20% get 10 'coins' top 30% get 8- you get the idea). Then you can use those in the special shop for the special items?
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
Yay, this looks fun! I used to play lots of PvP back in the day, even made it to the leaderboards a few times. I'm excited for this to be back!
Yay, this looks fun! I used to play lots of PvP back in the day, even made it to the leaderboards a few times. I'm excited for this to be back!
jCVhFoZ.gif
Not sure if you are still answering questions... @Xhaztol
But is there going to be anything to penalty/ prevent people who are losing from quitting the match?
This was an issue with the old PVP system. People would just X out of it.
Sure, there were no rewards back then.. But it was pretty annoying. I could see it getting even more annoying now that there will be incentive for people to use the PVP feature.
Not sure if you are still answering questions... @Xhaztol
But is there going to be anything to penalty/ prevent people who are losing from quitting the match?
This was an issue with the old PVP system. People would just X out of it.
Sure, there were no rewards back then.. But it was pretty annoying. I could see it getting even more annoying now that there will be incentive for people to use the PVP feature.
TOW2n3q.png
I didn't do the PVP before as I was too inexperienced to do so at the time but I'm excited for this! I like the idea of battle-won apparel. These going to be like stickers that you can add to your team (and not say apparel that works like currenty apparel/be resold). I would much prefer that it can't be traded to other accounts, etc.
I didn't do the PVP before as I was too inexperienced to do so at the time but I'm excited for this! I like the idea of battle-won apparel. These going to be like stickers that you can add to your team (and not say apparel that works like currenty apparel/be resold). I would much prefer that it can't be traded to other accounts, etc.
UlAMe1f.gif FR Forum Threads
|Adopts|Accents|
|ArtShop|
|Graphics|Hatchery|
bz42cD2.png
This is really cool. I still have my original team I used back when pvp was a thing, they're sl ost level 25 now so it will be cool to see how their strategy holds up with all these changes!
This is really cool. I still have my original team I used back when pvp was a thing, they're sl ost level 25 now so it will be cool to see how their strategy holds up with all these changes!
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
This sounds like so much fun, it's exciting to finally get some news on this matter!

Although I like most aspects of this, there are a few I am worried/not liking much about. I don't like the idea of clanbound apparel. I do like the idea of exclusive apparel from PvP battles though, I'm just hoping it's not made clanbound. For the big coli buffs out there, they might have a surplus of the apparel, just piling up in their hoard with nothing to do with it. Meanwhile, people who don't like to play in the coli, or people who might have trouble battling in there may never get this apparel, and then there wont be any way to get it by trading, buying or giveaways, because it's clanbound. So, I'm hoping that whatever this apparel may be, that is not clanbound.

I'm glad you guys are bringing the leaderboard back, and the idea of having increasingly cooler forum vistas depending on how many battles you win, though! I can imagine little sparkles, medallions or trophies on the bottom below the friend request and private message section of the forum vista-- I think that would be really neat. Maybe a little flashy and pretentious, but neat!

All in all, I think this update will live up to its hype-- HOPEFULLY. This is just my opinion, and I hope that what everyone here is saying is taken into consideration while reworking the coliseum battles.
This sounds like so much fun, it's exciting to finally get some news on this matter!

Although I like most aspects of this, there are a few I am worried/not liking much about. I don't like the idea of clanbound apparel. I do like the idea of exclusive apparel from PvP battles though, I'm just hoping it's not made clanbound. For the big coli buffs out there, they might have a surplus of the apparel, just piling up in their hoard with nothing to do with it. Meanwhile, people who don't like to play in the coli, or people who might have trouble battling in there may never get this apparel, and then there wont be any way to get it by trading, buying or giveaways, because it's clanbound. So, I'm hoping that whatever this apparel may be, that is not clanbound.

I'm glad you guys are bringing the leaderboard back, and the idea of having increasingly cooler forum vistas depending on how many battles you win, though! I can imagine little sparkles, medallions or trophies on the bottom below the friend request and private message section of the forum vista-- I think that would be really neat. Maybe a little flashy and pretentious, but neat!

All in all, I think this update will live up to its hype-- HOPEFULLY. This is just my opinion, and I hope that what everyone here is saying is taken into consideration while reworking the coliseum battles.
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
I can just see me and my friends at school doing friend battles while the others spam confetti while cute familiars battle
I can just see me and my friends at school doing friend battles while the others spam confetti while cute familiars battle
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
Thank you for all the hard work, once again, staff! It's great to see improvements and knowing that you're taking time to make us all happy.

Y'all need a vacation and some cake for all the awesome you've been dishing out.
Where is a cake emoji when you need one?!
Thank you for all the hard work, once again, staff! It's great to see improvements and knowing that you're taking time to make us all happy.

Y'all need a vacation and some cake for all the awesome you've been dishing out.
Where is a cake emoji when you need one?!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41