Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Galore's Glorious Gifts
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Unpopular opinion

I like having exclusive eye types(breeding only),and I don't want that to change.
As a matter of fact I like exclusive items in general be it familiars,genes or apparel.Makes it feel more satisfying to obtain/own a certain dragon/accent/familiar.
Its a breeding + aesthetic game,owning something rare or unique is exactly what makes it fun to play because its a reward for all the time you spend playing the game.
People like having G1 as their unique dragons.But I find G1 worthless aside from the money aspect(No offense towards G1 collectors,just not my cup of tea!).So having something element restrict/breeding only is a nice thing for people that just like me don't care for G1 but want something hard to obtain.
Unpopular opinion

I like having exclusive eye types(breeding only),and I don't want that to change.
As a matter of fact I like exclusive items in general be it familiars,genes or apparel.Makes it feel more satisfying to obtain/own a certain dragon/accent/familiar.
Its a breeding + aesthetic game,owning something rare or unique is exactly what makes it fun to play because its a reward for all the time you spend playing the game.
People like having G1 as their unique dragons.But I find G1 worthless aside from the money aspect(No offense towards G1 collectors,just not my cup of tea!).So having something element restrict/breeding only is a nice thing for people that just like me don't care for G1 but want something hard to obtain.
17.png37.png90.png

Wavecrest Saturnalia

y6tbxWr.pngIRzboi3.pngNC2ceIo.pngSDTXnpH.png
ze8wEB3.png

Code:
ze8wEB3.png

Mistral Jamboree

FdXgviZ.pngAeYnAM6.pngIRkrlkr.pngRCD2mOL.png
QBZFjBr.png

Code:
QBZFjBr.png

Trickmurk Circus

qqLBHcq.pngMdpDO8d.pngit6GpCF.png3e94Gpa.png
tzdYBHr.png

Code:
tzdYBHr.png

Crystalline Gala

nx63yDs.pngTpQIr0g.png3do1AjF.pngOTXJQ9a.png
fBZO2yk.png

Code:
fBZO2yk.png

Rockbreaker's Ceremony

XfOE65H.pngnLWLaef.pngTf27638.png4FDQFf5.png
22kVsPK.png

Code:
22kVsPK.png

Riot of Rot

APe9ksa.pngCPXPWom.pnghwpOz43.pngE27J5Sp.png
DVcXRyP.png

Code:
DVcXRyP.png

Starfall Celebration

by8xXGb.pnggKPKkO8.pngjr6wBiA.png4oO1RBo.png
TjcrwIq.png

Code:
TjcrwIq.png

Flameforger's Festival

RZwWAC0.pngK5ou5OR.pngwIsYlqw.png78U0Gge.png
fdN4PVq.png

Code:
fdN4PVq.png

Thundercrack Carnivale

4B2NHT5.png39TxZGF.pngm7MUqYd.pngYsjbxG8.png
DQLlbOg.png

Code:
DQLlbOg.png

Brightshine Jubilee

3Z9d4pU.pngLasirx9.pngAhWKxlz.pngA28Svy9.png
Az39OYD.png

Code:
Az39OYD.png

All the Festivals

You heard right. This image rotater randomly displays one of the exisiting signatures.
You'll see something new everytime you refresh. I'll try to keep this link up to date with new sets.

Lichtdrache.gif

Code:
Lichtdrache.gif

Others

0Eukkgx.pngcxbFZBI.pngD4jazTx.pngt2lHNjZ.pngZ1OhMta.pngHDlVg7g.png2HZAytX.pngJc6ZU5D.pngqAOaXBj.pngGek4MgE.pngeGd50yb.pngEmDXb3p.pngKptxMMR.pngM5Uxne4.pngIHku0SS.pngC373QQQ.pngiXiHpnr.pngsaTxNdL.pngQtezsCP.png

Commissions & Requests

Commissions - CLOSED
Since some of you asked for it: I'll draw a single familiar/creature/Pokémon/etc.
Please keep in mind that the festival familiars will most likely arrive for their festivals. Let me know whether you want your commissioned adoptable to be free to use for everyone or not.

Requests - CLOSED
You can always make free suggestions if you want me to draw specific familiars for everyone to use. If there's enough interest and i have some spare time, i might add them as well!

Special Thanks

You can thank these amazing people for sponsoring adoptables or donating money. Thanks to them I can do what I love!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frenkle
thatjubi
Marceline
NanamiChiaki
Kurayami
ViewtifulJen
Kattata
adorableAxolotl
CatkinStarchild
Texere
oooooooooooo Shakshun
SilverLanayru
ErwilMinsa
Druddigon8
Yara
Lyra531
EclipseStar
ClearLakes44
Reckless
OtterQueen

Pinglist

-0rangedragon -Kaitorubel -Nulume -Juri01 -Chiliphantump122 -Dreamcoyote -PoisonedTea -TheEmptyCity -SimFeetUnder -CrystalBones -Zenium -Reckless -RedlaSunShowers -AeonsMusings -Celine -genmoi -ScarletWolfsong -snickers629 -Anarthyan -Atzien -miirshroom -pooses -Gibby -Maegelcarwen -Kapara -rooty -Stormdragon -Vanitas -ClearLakes44 -Kissie -Nympharia -Luca20 -Yara -OpalDreams -nemodave -CatsAndMaths -Kiryn -Kpribbit -Perrydotto -BobEvans -Splatoon -Aiden -Maddiebird -rantothedevil -bcrush -kriski -Dest -BianchaJo -Autopsy -CircusCuties -Wolvenrose -SoulLugia11 -Crisp -Tigenki -FoolishRay -icecreamdude26 -Gardenie -ShiroiYoukai -Fellefan -ThornOfStorm130 -WeyrLeader -lovesnivy -PhoebeBird -KCDragons -Marceline -Cyrsei -Poppystar -Hyperbole -Xotis -ToothyApocalypse -absolmon -NicoleEirin -heartcrusher1 -WickedHorror -SilverLanayru -OpalSplash514 -StellarWing -Maximum4 -Syncogon -Dreamcoyote -Mriikel -GhostFromTheMoon -GrumpyCatlover -LucarioLand -Parda -Vistron -SoullessRogue -Ethras -Valthan -Tacodoodle -WolfSong -Decarnard -IcyNinetales -Zephyr23 -Minimum -Meda -lackingsanity -Suttungr -Sevenink -xXDarkeXx -Yanisha -Effervessa -Kibble -Yolindanne -Doggo -IamPainIamGod -ClawOfLife -koolkabe -jazzyjaz -Minxwolfie -TheTigersDen -Niya -Trippfaerie -somnomania -Airys -TheMathematician -MawkishMuse -ElecSquirrel10 -Alcina -AlexBleurose -Pasteluma -vulstal -joy1joy1 -MLSmith995 -Ookamiotoko -Animequeen -PositiveDragon -VodkaGhosts -sarcastickitten -freshpeachez -Anacapri -timetot -KyaruTheWriter -Evolution2 -Aquastargirl123 -kipinae -bellzan -sunsetfire -NanamiChiaki -Kattata -Broderick -DiamondNoodles -Arrakis -Exaltier -LittleRogue -Quinnigan -ShouLyon -Nydra -Vulqostrun -raiikyuu -Aquacoral -LilCipherz -Harbinger -NerdyBirdieLove -Pieeee -Thestoneofdoom -Lundlaeva -Lolschen -Cryptozoolo -kriskrossness -Starrlight -SimplePianist -rene92 -zzzhorses -CosmicSummer -Carnimirie -TalonOcharria -Myrrien -Forestglade -Icefire55 -Starmax -LeMuffinMaster -RoseyVaporeon -MissFortune17 -Ririterasu -Elysianibata -Beezadrella -Ellapinky -Rosie -Ellapinky -Jetfeather -Onikuma -WillowtheWisp -Geist

Last edited on Jun 21, 2017 11:17:05 by Lichtdrache
uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png
So how often will galore be open once a month once a year?
So how often will galore be open once a month once a year?
To the staff, thank you. You've been implementing a lot of changes as of late, and it's really making this site grow and flourish. You're keeping it fresh and exciting, giving people a reason to stick around. And, let's face it, you're putting a lot of time and effort into this. I know a lot of you are volunteer, so a double thank you goes out to all of you who make this site a bit more fun, every day.
To the staff, thank you. You've been implementing a lot of changes as of late, and it's really making this site grow and flourish. You're keeping it fresh and exciting, giving people a reason to stick around. And, let's face it, you're putting a lot of time and effort into this. I know a lot of you are volunteer, so a double thank you goes out to all of you who make this site a bit more fun, every day.
ah, thanks for the galore stuff!! also...I love the new tooltips. they look so sleek and are much easier to read. I'm a lil visually impaired so this is super helpful!
ah, thanks for the galore stuff!! also...I love the new tooltips. they look so sleek and are much easier to read. I'm a lil visually impaired so this is super helpful!
[quote name="beautifulglitter" date="2019-05-23 13:00:22" ] Everyone realizes that this does not solve the core problem- needless exclusivity- that FR has been dealing with since the Eyepocalypse at all, right? All it does is push the exclusivity to player join dates, instead of dragon hatch dates. We might be able to get Goat on our progens, but what about players who join later? They are, once again, locked out of a site mechanic for a completely arbitrary reason. Just make the vials purchasable/earnable, and solve everyone's problems. There's a reason festival items quickly stopped retiring, and even retired items (like sprites) became "soft retired" with Roundsey- the playerbase has always cried out for accessibility and inclusivity for all, no matter the join date; everyone should be able to work hard to achieve their goals. For 5 years, that's what the site has worked towards. Why, for the last year, has the site suddenly taken a radically different direction? [/quote] Festival items took several years to 'stop retiring'. As someone from 2014, you should know that. It did not quickly retire, it took them a while to create a system that makes retired items accessible but not destroy the market or the value of these items to people who have been on this site and supporting it way longer than a new user. Giving people who have been on the site for longer a chance to essentially 'beta' a new system is the spirit of online games. Yeah, a year's a long time to beta something, but things don't revolve around our idea of acceptable progress time. They have other things they're working on along with these kinds of changes. You complain about staff making changes, but also applaud that they've made changes before. Progress isn't linear, it requires screw-ups to get the right result.
beautifulglitter wrote on 2019-05-23 13:00:22:
Everyone realizes that this does not solve the core problem- needless exclusivity- that FR has been dealing with since the Eyepocalypse at all, right? All it does is push the exclusivity to player join dates, instead of dragon hatch dates. We might be able to get Goat on our progens, but what about players who join later? They are, once again, locked out of a site mechanic for a completely arbitrary reason. Just make the vials purchasable/earnable, and solve everyone's problems.

There's a reason festival items quickly stopped retiring, and even retired items (like sprites) became "soft retired" with Roundsey- the playerbase has always cried out for accessibility and inclusivity for all, no matter the join date; everyone should be able to work hard to achieve their goals. For 5 years, that's what the site has worked towards. Why, for the last year, has the site suddenly taken a radically different direction?
Festival items took several years to 'stop retiring'. As someone from 2014, you should know that. It did not quickly retire, it took them a while to create a system that makes retired items accessible but not destroy the market or the value of these items to people who have been on this site and supporting it way longer than a new user.

Giving people who have been on the site for longer a chance to essentially 'beta' a new system is the spirit of online games. Yeah, a year's a long time to beta something, but things don't revolve around our idea of acceptable progress time. They have other things they're working on along with these kinds of changes.

You complain about staff making changes, but also applaud that they've made changes before. Progress isn't linear, it requires screw-ups to get the right result.
45c35ef6e4b62e58d37a981333219e0307f8aa9c.png
not a fan tbh

im on a hiatus rn (i log in about once a month) and i liked the gift system because i could just come back whenever and id still have the items, this is basically punishing players for not playing regularly which i thought yall were specifically against???

makes me not wanna come back at all tbh
not a fan tbh

im on a hiatus rn (i log in about once a month) and i liked the gift system because i could just come back whenever and id still have the items, this is basically punishing players for not playing regularly which i thought yall were specifically against???

MIaB7gw.png
WOOHOO THANK YOU DEVS!! also holy crap maybe this will make the price of Elimination go down because it is pretty expensive on the AH!!
WOOHOO THANK YOU DEVS!! also holy crap maybe this will make the price of Elimination go down because it is pretty expensive on the AH!!
still kinda mad that everyone gets 2 free eliminates
still kinda mad that everyone gets 2 free eliminates
e G
[quote name="tahwarts" date="2019-05-24 11:28:04" ] not a fan tbh im on a hiatus rn (i log in about once a month) and i liked the gift system because i could just come back whenever and id still have the items, this is basically punishing players for not playing regularly which i thought yall were specifically against??? makes me not wanna come back at all tbh [/quote] It makes it easier for the Staff, essentially. And most of it is for the Regular Stuff like April Fools.. so I dont think you will miss out on "Random" gift stuff.
tahwarts wrote on 2019-05-24 11:28:04:
not a fan tbh

It makes it easier for the Staff, essentially. And most of it is for the Regular Stuff like April Fools.. so I dont think you will miss out on "Random" gift stuff.
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
I feel like...y'all care waaaay too much about eyes. I love my community here on FR, but there are good reasons to get your panties in a twist, and this isn't one of them imo.

I think everyone needs to realize that the exclusivity is fun for some of us. If it was easy to get all these items, I don't think I'd still be around. So I appreciate the staff balancing the site for players like me who want the challenge, and people who are pushing for inclusivity of items and ease of use.

I think we just need to remember that our own pov is not the entirety of the community's pov. We are not a monolith. Thanks.
I feel like...y'all care waaaay too much about eyes. I love my community here on FR, but there are good reasons to get your panties in a twist, and this isn't one of them imo.

I think everyone needs to realize that the exclusivity is fun for some of us. If it was easy to get all these items, I don't think I'd still be around. So I appreciate the staff balancing the site for players like me who want the challenge, and people who are pushing for inclusivity of items and ease of use.

I think we just need to remember that our own pov is not the entirety of the community's pov. We are not a monolith. Thanks.
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99