Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 158 159
Woah :o
Woah :o
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
@thezombiedragon its called being optimistic and appreciating a new way to customize the ancient dragons... its also developing the lore of sorneith and the site...
@thezombiedragon its called being optimistic and appreciating a new way to customize the ancient dragons... its also developing the lore of sorneith and the site...
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Id6cppd.jpg[/img][/center]
Id6cppd.jpg
All sounds awesome! I started out as a water clan.. Tideloorrrrrdddd....@__@
All sounds awesome! I started out as a water clan.. Tideloorrrrrdddd....@__@
Oooh, ancient breeds sounds really cool o: I've always wanted a really spiky dragon <3

Also, good for you guys for not giving into the "work norms." Work can be stressful without being on a time limit, so it's good that you guys are going at your pace.
Oooh, ancient breeds sounds really cool o: I've always wanted a really spiky dragon <3

Also, good for you guys for not giving into the "work norms." Work can be stressful without being on a time limit, so it's good that you guys are going at your pace.
ooooooo kkJS1Qp.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Aw hell yeah, ancient breeds sounds dope
Aw hell yeah, ancient breeds sounds dope
[quote name="beastii" date="2019-04-15 10:17:02" ] @thezombiedragon its called being optimistic and appreciating a new way to customize the ancient dragons... its also developing the lore of sorneith and the site... [/quote] And nowhere in my post did I say no one can be optimistic and appreciate the update? However, I'm also entitled to my opinion just as much as any other user on this site and I'm allowed to be a skeptical and even a little bit disappointed.
beastii wrote on 2019-04-15 10:17:02:

And nowhere in my post did I say no one can be optimistic and appreciate the update? However, I'm also entitled to my opinion just as much as any other user on this site and I'm allowed to be a skeptical and even a little bit disappointed.
@NatureReclaimed I can't say something else than... I TOTALLY agree! I spend so much time writting my clan's lore (what is some kind of hard for me because english isn't my main language) as well as code my dragons individual bio... but I am so sad to see that nothing on the game supports users to be curious on other's dragon in a general way... I mean, I have the feelig that Flight Rising have difficulties to find their guidelines and the site is caugh in the middle. We could take any aspect of the site... this won't be finished or near accomplish. -> They have georgous lore and backstories about Sornieth, the deity and their Flight. =We have a light unfinished domininance systeme. First, that doesn't bring something else than discount on the market and some turn of gathering, but worse, the only way to gain the dom, is coli and exalting dragons... so many other activities could be add to the way a fligh gain dominance... the hight score of the games could be took in consideration. That sounds like the first thing... =Being in a Flight or another... That doesn't change anything to the gameplay except from eye color in your nest. Most of the time the eyes are so tiny that, their color don't matter at all... at least we now have primal and multy eyes.... I don't know, they could add a specific activity related to each fligh's lore (a game, an activity, whatever) that the other fligh CAN'T DO. ex: FIRE fligh could craft apparels/weapons of metal in their forges. WATER fligh could have a special area in the Scrying Workshop that would help them to see what is inside an egg (as they foresigh the futur)... etc for all the flight. We could also have restriction like "if the flights of two playes are not in alliance" they can't buy/trade anything from each other..." And please, no one say that would be a bad thing because "...", we have the proof that Plague and Nature flight loose their status-co since the bounty of the element... That would sounds totally legit to me that I cant buy anything from a Nature player because of that. Something like that would add more exclusivity to be part of a Fligh or another, and that would boost the trading between flight... at least that would be more interesting than "please, nest my dragon I needd XX color eyes on their offsprings" Even the festival are basicly EXACTLY the same things with differents exclusive skin/apparels/familiar each month... I don't know, I think with a world like flight rising we could expect something more original to put every flight in the spotlight each month with a special game or activity I close the "FR Gameplay doesn't support its lore" with a simple question... What about the Shade? Do we have special event/game to tame it... nooooo. [emoji=guardian angry] ->The main word of FR is customisation of the dragons. (breed/genes/apparels/skins/ and to a lesser extent their lore) Okay, I have nothing to say about that if that's what FR want to do with their site... but.... NOTHING in the game play support the dragons customisation. [b]Do we have a dragon spot light ? [/b]A spot light that would daily bring on the scene a dragon with a nice bio/lore/customisation and a trophy for this dragon? No... we have the random dragon on the front page that changed e.v.e.r.y minutes. Good luck if you expect your dragons to be noticed and then to have any feedback more interesting than "your dragon was on the front page"... whao. [b]Do we have personalisation contest?[/b] Once a week, a theme contest is given with maybe some restrictions (one special breed/ one special gene/ext...) then a time for the other user to vote? And the winners win trophy for their dragons and/or special items/apparels/achivements. NO... That make me so upset because that could be easily automatised on the site... but we only have the forum "theme week" where you throw your dragon in... hoping that someone will eventually spot them and give you *any* feedback. Of course, the luck that one of your dragon is selected by the staff is so low, that I don't even expect them to be chosed to be shared in the next week thread. We even don't have anything to let someone know that we appreciated their work on their dragon... No "Like"/"fav a dragon" or anything... why would people go throw lairs and bio, if they can't interact with each other in any way but with the "comment on the user profil"... again we have "fav a dragon from the person above" thread like and equivalent... but again as said by @/NatureReclaimed, that's community driven. Well I think I wrote too much, but I am sick to see that FR doesn't have something else to offer that more and more customisation but doesn't do anything to support that except letting us pile more and more dragons in our lair with more and more apparels on their poor scales.... That's why I am actually in a semi-hiatus and don't feed my dragon anymore. If I don't go to the coli and don't breed them, they don't need to be feed, right. Maybe that's the TRUE Hibernal Den after all. XD
@NatureReclaimed

I can't say something else than... I TOTALLY agree!
I spend so much time writting my clan's lore (what is some kind of hard for me because english isn't my main language) as well as code my dragons individual bio... but I am so sad to see that nothing on the game supports users to be curious on other's dragon in a general way...

I mean, I have the feelig that Flight Rising have difficulties to find their guidelines and the site is caugh in the middle.
We could take any aspect of the site... this won't be finished or near accomplish.

-> They have georgous lore and backstories about Sornieth, the deity and their Flight.
=We have a light unfinished domininance systeme. First, that doesn't bring something else than discount on the market and some turn of gathering, but worse, the only way to gain the dom, is coli and exalting dragons... so many other activities could be add to the way a fligh gain dominance... the hight score of the games could be took in consideration. That sounds like the first thing...

=Being in a Flight or another... That doesn't change anything to the gameplay except from eye color in your nest. Most of the time the eyes are so tiny that, their color don't matter at all... at least we now have primal and multy eyes.... I don't know, they could add a specific activity related to each fligh's lore (a game, an activity, whatever) that the other fligh CAN'T DO.
ex: FIRE fligh could craft apparels/weapons of metal in their forges.
WATER fligh could have a special area in the Scrying Workshop that would help them to see what is inside an egg (as they foresigh the futur)... etc for all the flight.
We could also have restriction like "if the flights of two playes are not in alliance" they can't buy/trade anything from each other..."
And please, no one say that would be a bad thing because "...", we have the proof that Plague and Nature flight loose their status-co since the bounty of the element... That would sounds totally legit to me that I cant buy anything from a Nature player because of that.

Something like that would add more exclusivity to be part of a Fligh or another, and that would boost the trading between flight... at least that would be more interesting than "please, nest my dragon I needd XX color eyes on their offsprings"

Even the festival are basicly EXACTLY the same things with differents exclusive skin/apparels/familiar each month... I don't know, I think with a world like flight rising we could expect something more original to put every flight in the spotlight each month with a special game or activity

I close the "FR Gameplay doesn't support its lore" with a simple question... What about the Shade? Do we have special event/game to tame it... nooooo.

->The main word of FR is customisation of the dragons. (breed/genes/apparels/skins/ and to a lesser extent their lore)
Okay, I have nothing to say about that if that's what FR want to do with their site... but....
NOTHING in the game play support the dragons customisation.
Do we have a dragon spot light ? A spot light that would daily bring on the scene a dragon with a nice bio/lore/customisation and a trophy for this dragon? No... we have the random dragon on the front page that changed e.v.e.r.y minutes. Good luck if you expect your dragons to be noticed and then to have any feedback more interesting than "your dragon was on the front page"... whao.
Do we have personalisation contest? Once a week, a theme contest is given with maybe some restrictions (one special breed/ one special gene/ext...) then a time for the other user to vote? And the winners win trophy for their dragons and/or special items/apparels/achivements. NO...
That make me so upset because that could be easily automatised on the site...
but we only have the forum "theme week" where you throw your dragon in... hoping that someone will eventually spot them and give you *any* feedback. Of course, the luck that one of your dragon is selected by the staff is so low, that I don't even expect them to be chosed to be shared in the next week thread.

We even don't have anything to let someone know that we appreciated their work on their dragon... No "Like"/"fav a dragon" or anything... why would people go throw lairs and bio, if they can't interact with each other in any way but with the "comment on the user profil"... again we have "fav a dragon from the person above" thread like and equivalent... but again as said by @/NatureReclaimed, that's community driven.

Well I think I wrote too much, but I am sick to see that FR doesn't have something else to offer that more and more customisation but doesn't do anything to support that except letting us pile more and more dragons in our lair with more and more apparels on their poor scales....

That's why I am actually in a semi-hiatus and don't feed my dragon anymore. If I don't go to the coli and don't breed them, they don't need to be feed, right. Maybe that's the TRUE Hibernal Den after all. XD
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
Can ancient breeds hatch out of eggs? Will they have different eggs like Nocs and Bogs or will they still be elemental?
Can ancient breeds hatch out of eggs? Will they have different eggs like Nocs and Bogs or will they still be elemental?
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
I love the idea of Ancient Breeds!

But I have some questions that I hope get addressed in future updates:

How will Ancient Breeds be acquired?
Related: Will there be opportunities to get Unhatched eggs as with Nocturnes and Bogsneaks?
Will Ancient Breeds come in all the same colors as modern breeds?
Related: Will they have all the same eye types?

Personally, these questions are important for my own lair planning regarding lore and projects but I'm sure other people will be interested in the answers too. I can't wait for the next update!
I love the idea of Ancient Breeds!

But I have some questions that I hope get addressed in future updates:

How will Ancient Breeds be acquired?
Related: Will there be opportunities to get Unhatched eggs as with Nocturnes and Bogsneaks?
Will Ancient Breeds come in all the same colors as modern breeds?
Related: Will they have all the same eye types?

Personally, these questions are important for my own lair planning regarding lore and projects but I'm sure other people will be interested in the answers too. I can't wait for the next update!
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 158 159