Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2019-03-31 06:13:49" ] i'm trying to figure out how you did that unless you just didnt read the box of what button you clicked because that seems more like your fault and less the sites fault [/quote] This is a really common misclick, and pops up in the suggestion forums all the time. It's incredibly frustrating and I have done it more than once with food items. No need to blame spockandawe for something that FR should definitely (and are likely going to with the hoard update coming eventually) fix.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2019-03-31 06:13:49:
i'm trying to figure out how you did that unless you just didnt read the box of what button you clicked because that seems more like your fault and less the sites fault

This is a really common misclick, and pops up in the suggestion forums all the time. It's incredibly frustrating and I have done it more than once with food items. No need to blame spockandawe for something that FR should definitely (and are likely going to with the hoard update coming eventually) fix.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Is goat about the same rarity as facet and multigaze?
Is goat about the same rarity as facet and multigaze?
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-03-31 08:40:03" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2019-03-31 06:13:49" ] i'm trying to figure out how you did that unless you just didnt read the box of what button you clicked because that seems more like your fault and less the sites fault [/quote] This is a really common misclick, and pops up in the suggestion forums all the time. It's incredibly frustrating and I have done it more than once with food items. No need to blame spockandawe for something that FR should definitely (and are likely going to with the hoard update coming eventually) fix. [/quote] But what they sold were specialty items and don't have a hoard sell option.
Firtarian wrote on 2019-03-31 08:40:03:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2019-03-31 06:13:49:
i'm trying to figure out how you did that unless you just didnt read the box of what button you clicked because that seems more like your fault and less the sites fault

This is a really common misclick, and pops up in the suggestion forums all the time. It's incredibly frustrating and I have done it more than once with food items. No need to blame spockandawe for something that FR should definitely (and are likely going to with the hoard update coming eventually) fix.

But what they sold were specialty items and don't have a hoard sell option.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
[quote name="FairlyGoner" date="2019-03-31 13:40:18" ] But what they sold were specialty items and don't have a hoard sell option. [/quote] Clearly they hoard sold it. Like, that was the whole argument. If they weren't hoard sellable, there would not have been an issue. Which items are hoard sellable and which are not is very inconsistent on this site. For example, chests aren't hoard sellable, but eggs are (with a value of 0 wow). Some genes are, some aren't, some vials are some aren't. [img]https://imgur.com/xIT6mAs.png[/img]
FairlyGoner wrote on 2019-03-31 13:40:18:
But what they sold were specialty items and don't have a hoard sell option.

Clearly they hoard sold it. Like, that was the whole argument. If they weren't hoard sellable, there would not have been an issue. Which items are hoard sellable and which are not is very inconsistent on this site. For example, chests aren't hoard sellable, but eggs are (with a value of 0 wow). Some genes are, some aren't, some vials are some aren't.

xIT6mAs.png
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I personally am not very strongly invested in having a perfect dragon nor am I very invested in breeding, so having or not having a vial for goat eyes is an irrelevant thing for me. However, it's clearly a hot-button issue for a lot of people with a playstyle incompatible with "just breeding a clone" or those who want to craft their favorites.

I do hope FR listens to the feedback and either unretires Scattersight or just makes a vial for the goat eyes. It doesn't negatively impact anyone, and those who long for goat eyes for their progens or sentimentally valuable dragons can step closer to their goals.
I personally am not very strongly invested in having a perfect dragon nor am I very invested in breeding, so having or not having a vial for goat eyes is an irrelevant thing for me. However, it's clearly a hot-button issue for a lot of people with a playstyle incompatible with "just breeding a clone" or those who want to craft their favorites.

I do hope FR listens to the feedback and either unretires Scattersight or just makes a vial for the goat eyes. It doesn't negatively impact anyone, and those who long for goat eyes for their progens or sentimentally valuable dragons can step closer to their goals.
2 straight days in coli, ONE swirl vial. thanks, i hate it.
2 straight days in coli, ONE swirl vial. thanks, i hate it.
Jqlkxca.png ?RN-8W=party.png
Best News
Best News
[emoji=pearlcatcher happy]yey
yey
I feel that some people are missing the point. They just see people complaining and think 'geez, every update is met with criticism'.

However.

1. It isn't the same people complaining (or at least I assume so) all the time. For the eye updates, it probably is, because the same people who had a problem with the original update would still have a problem with this one.

2. Voiceing opinions and letting the staff know that players are dissatisfied are the only ways to let staff know that there is something about an update that users don't like. If you like the update, great, however, imagine how you would feel if they did something you really disliked. (not even going to give examples, just think of something you would HATE to see in FR and imagine FR implemented it). that is how many people feel about the eye update implementation. (not the actual eye update even, just the implementation)

3. For the people who are saying 'it doesn't matter, you can't see the eyes on most adult dragons anyway', that is definitely missing the point. Not everyone has smalled eyed dragons, and this paves the way for future updates of a similar nature, which potentially CAN be seen on adult dragons. Primal already changes the entire look of the dragon and definitely be seen on nearly any dragon. This means there could be future natural eye types that can easily be seen that will be locked behind a breeding only wall.

Plus, it doesn't really matter whether you feel that way or not, it obviously does matter to some people.

I have been thinking about this since this eye update came out, and I am still disappointed, even though I dislike goat eyes and don't want them on any dragon. This makes me afraid that future updates will include eye types I DO want, and can't get.
I feel that some people are missing the point. They just see people complaining and think 'geez, every update is met with criticism'.

However.

1. It isn't the same people complaining (or at least I assume so) all the time. For the eye updates, it probably is, because the same people who had a problem with the original update would still have a problem with this one.

2. Voiceing opinions and letting the staff know that players are dissatisfied are the only ways to let staff know that there is something about an update that users don't like. If you like the update, great, however, imagine how you would feel if they did something you really disliked. (not even going to give examples, just think of something you would HATE to see in FR and imagine FR implemented it). that is how many people feel about the eye update implementation. (not the actual eye update even, just the implementation)

3. For the people who are saying 'it doesn't matter, you can't see the eyes on most adult dragons anyway', that is definitely missing the point. Not everyone has smalled eyed dragons, and this paves the way for future updates of a similar nature, which potentially CAN be seen on adult dragons. Primal already changes the entire look of the dragon and definitely be seen on nearly any dragon. This means there could be future natural eye types that can easily be seen that will be locked behind a breeding only wall.

Plus, it doesn't really matter whether you feel that way or not, it obviously does matter to some people.

I have been thinking about this since this eye update came out, and I am still disappointed, even though I dislike goat eyes and don't want them on any dragon. This makes me afraid that future updates will include eye types I DO want, and can't get.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-04-05 14:02:37" ] I feel that some people are missing the point. They just see people complaining and think 'geez, every update is met with criticism'. However. 1. It isn't the same people complaining (or at least I assume so) all the time. For the eye updates, it probably is, because the same people who had a problem with the original update would still have a problem with this one. 2. Voiceing opinions and letting the staff know that players are dissatisfied are the only ways to let staff know that there is something about an update that users don't like. If you like the update, great, however, imagine how you would feel if they did something you really disliked. (not even going to give examples, just think of something you would HATE to see in FR and imagine FR implemented it). that is how many people feel about the eye update implementation. (not the actual eye update even, just the implementation) 3. For the people who are saying 'it doesn't matter, you can't see the eyes on most adult dragons anyway', that is definitely missing the point. Not everyone has smalled eyed dragons, and this paves the way for future updates of a similar nature, which potentially CAN be seen on adult dragons. Primal already changes the entire look of the dragon and definitely be seen on nearly any dragon. This means there could be future natural eye types that can easily be seen that will be locked behind a breeding only wall. Plus, it doesn't really matter whether you feel that way or not, it obviously does matter to some people. I have been thinking about this since this eye update came out, and I am still disappointed, even though I dislike goat eyes and don't want them on any dragon. This makes me afraid that future updates will include eye types I DO want, and can't get. [/quote] Exactly!
Jemadar wrote on 2019-04-05 14:02:37:

However.

Exactly!
DraconicMusic | Female (she/they) | 20 | xOvakhZ.png Aegosexual Aromantic F8WMfQz.png | Dragon and robot enthusiast | Autistic | Hyperfixated on Mega Man
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123