Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123
[quote]And my "hatch a nest a day" play style is not rewarding in game aside from the "fun" value i give it.[/quote] In what other way could it be rewarding? I used to hatch a nest a day (or so) and was rewarded by exalting, selling (sometimes), and keeping ones I found pretty. I don't think the extra value in goat eyes will last all that long. I got an [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42965534]amazing primal dragon[/url] a month after introduction for 20kt. I don't imagine it will take very long for the same to happen with goat.
Quote:
And my "hatch a nest a day" play style is not rewarding in game aside from the "fun" value i give it.
In what other way could it be rewarding?
I used to hatch a nest a day (or so) and was rewarded by exalting, selling (sometimes), and keeping ones I found pretty. I don't think the extra value in goat eyes will last all that long. I got an amazing primal dragon a month after introduction for 20kt. I don't imagine it will take very long for the same to happen with goat.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2019-03-28 08:44:35" ] Wait until the boost is over then? [/quote] There's so many in existence that I'm not sure demand will ever outstrip supply. The reason scattervials never went cheap is because people had to use ~100 of them to get what they wanted, half the time. Re:old dragons, I don't really see how this is that different from the color wheel update (unwanted change of old artwork included.) One of the things I've constantly heard through this thread, and the June one, is that FR allows total customization of any dragon and that this is a betrayal of that concept. But this has never really been true for colors, the first aspect of a dragon we look at. The tricolor scatterscroll is like taking a giant chainsaw when the tool you need is a screwdriver. Your odds of getting a specific combo are worse than one in five million. So you [I]could[/I] get new colors on those old dragons by using scatters, but there was no way to pick which colors you wanted, or that your new scatter combination would look halfway decent. If you had a blue/blue dragon you wanted to turn to lapis/lapis, and you would have searched for a dragon with those colors had lapis existed at the time... you're basically SOL. You need to get a new dragon. And that's the case now, pretty much. And the color wheel update? This far out? Universal praise, with the occasional pang of wistfulness over old Ice or Maize or Seafoam. Granted, part of the rage at the eyes is the randomness and that's not the case with the colors circa breeding. But for this specific aspect, old dragon exclusion... there's nothing new under the sun. I'm still not in support of the fact that goat eyes have no retroactivity whatsoever for any grace period, but I'm totally in support of natural eye types and how they're implemented, including them meant to be new-dragons-going-forward. (But I vastly preferred the scattersights, dicey as they were, to no opportunity whatsoever to apply to old dragons.)
McAlli wrote on 2019-03-28 08:44:35:
Wait until the boost is over then?
There's so many in existence that I'm not sure demand will ever outstrip supply. The reason scattervials never went cheap is because people had to use ~100 of them to get what they wanted, half the time.

Re:old dragons, I don't really see how this is that different from the color wheel update (unwanted change of old artwork included.) One of the things I've constantly heard through this thread, and the June one, is that FR allows total customization of any dragon and that this is a betrayal of that concept. But this has never really been true for colors, the first aspect of a dragon we look at. The tricolor scatterscroll is like taking a giant chainsaw when the tool you need is a screwdriver. Your odds of getting a specific combo are worse than one in five million.

So you could get new colors on those old dragons by using scatters, but there was no way to pick which colors you wanted, or that your new scatter combination would look halfway decent. If you had a blue/blue dragon you wanted to turn to lapis/lapis, and you would have searched for a dragon with those colors had lapis existed at the time... you're basically SOL. You need to get a new dragon. And that's the case now, pretty much.

And the color wheel update? This far out? Universal praise, with the occasional pang of wistfulness over old Ice or Maize or Seafoam. Granted, part of the rage at the eyes is the randomness and that's not the case with the colors circa breeding. But for this specific aspect, old dragon exclusion... there's nothing new under the sun.

I'm still not in support of the fact that goat eyes have no retroactivity whatsoever for any grace period, but I'm totally in support of natural eye types and how they're implemented, including them meant to be new-dragons-going-forward. (But I vastly preferred the scattersights, dicey as they were, to no opportunity whatsoever to apply to old dragons.)
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Judging from how this thread is going, staff is probably going to lock this soon.
Judging from how this thread is going, staff is probably going to lock this soon.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
Well, I enjoy the New eye types, as low chance they are. I got a Vial of Swirled sight Pretty quickly in the first Coli. area (30-40 mins of grinding) and I've gotta say, not bad chances, but maybe not messing with the eye type pool when breeding?
Well, I enjoy the New eye types, as low chance they are. I got a Vial of Swirled sight Pretty quickly in the first Coli. area (30-40 mins of grinding) and I've gotta say, not bad chances, but maybe not messing with the eye type pool when breeding?
|
|
|
My Time is FR +0
19yo with issues
I LOVE Imps/Banes/WCs~
kVIzwBY.png
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-03-28 09:59:16" ] There's so many in existence that I'm not sure demand will ever outstrip supply. The reason scattervials never went cheap is because people had to use ~100 of them to get what they wanted, half the time.[/quote] I don't see the problem. There was no implication that the Swirl vials would be something kept rare. Python and Morph are at low prices too, it's just hte nature of the grind eventually. [quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-03-28 09:59:16" ] Re:old dragons, I don't really see how this is that different from the color wheel update (unwanted change of old artwork included.) One of the things I've constantly heard through this thread, and the June one, is that FR allows total customization of any dragon and that this is a betrayal of that concept. But this has never really been true for colors, the first aspect of a dragon we look at. The tricolor scatterscroll is like taking a giant chainsaw when the tool you need is a screwdriver. Your odds of getting a specific combo are worse than one in five million. So you [I]could[/I] get new colors on those old dragons by using scatters, but there was no way to pick which colors you wanted, or that your new scatter combination would look halfway decent. If you had a blue/blue dragon you wanted to turn to lapis/lapis, and you would have searched for a dragon with those colors had lapis existed at the time... you're basically SOL. You need to get a new dragon. And that's the case now, pretty much. And the color wheel update? This far out? Universal praise, with the occasional pang of wistfulness over old Ice or Maize or Seafoam. Granted, part of the rage at the eyes is the randomness and that's not the case with the colors circa breeding. But for this specific aspect, old dragon exclusion... there's nothing new under the sun. I'm still not in support of the fact that goat eyes have no retroactivity whatsoever for any grace period, but I'm totally in support of natural eye types and how they're implemented, including them meant to be new-dragons-going-forward. (But I vastly preferred the scattersights, dicey as they were, to no opportunity whatsoever to apply to old dragons.) [/quote] There was quite a bit of annoyance, especially from older players will full lairs, about not being able to more reliably obtain new colors on old dragons. But regardless of that, it's still not quite the same as the eye-vials, because Scatterscrolls are stocked in a never ending supply. You can buy as many as you have the money for, infinitely. Yeah, it's not an ideal method thanks to all the RNG, but it's at least an option that is [i]always [/i]available. That's not the case with Scattersights -- which are a finite resource. In the case of Goat, an absolutely nonexistent resource.
Laluzi wrote on 2019-03-28 09:59:16:

There's so many in existence that I'm not sure demand will ever outstrip supply. The reason scattervials never went cheap is because people had to use ~100 of them to get what they wanted, half the time.

I don't see the problem. There was no implication that the Swirl vials would be something kept rare. Python and Morph are at low prices too, it's just hte nature of the grind eventually.
Laluzi wrote on 2019-03-28 09:59:16:
Re:old dragons, I don't really see how this is that different from the color wheel update (unwanted change of old artwork included.) One of the things I've constantly heard through this thread, and the June one, is that FR allows total customization of any dragon and that this is a betrayal of that concept. But this has never really been true for colors, the first aspect of a dragon we look at. The tricolor scatterscroll is like taking a giant chainsaw when the tool you need is a screwdriver. Your odds of getting a specific combo are worse than one in five million.

So you could get new colors on those old dragons by using scatters, but there was no way to pick which colors you wanted, or that your new scatter combination would look halfway decent. If you had a blue/blue dragon you wanted to turn to lapis/lapis, and you would have searched for a dragon with those colors had lapis existed at the time... you're basically SOL. You need to get a new dragon. And that's the case now, pretty much.

And the color wheel update? This far out? Universal praise, with the occasional pang of wistfulness over old Ice or Maize or Seafoam. Granted, part of the rage at the eyes is the randomness and that's not the case with the colors circa breeding. But for this specific aspect, old dragon exclusion... there's nothing new under the sun.

I'm still not in support of the fact that goat eyes have no retroactivity whatsoever for any grace period, but I'm totally in support of natural eye types and how they're implemented, including them meant to be new-dragons-going-forward. (But I vastly preferred the scattersights, dicey as they were, to no opportunity whatsoever to apply to old dragons.)

There was quite a bit of annoyance, especially from older players will full lairs, about not being able to more reliably obtain new colors on old dragons. But regardless of that, it's still not quite the same as the eye-vials, because Scatterscrolls are stocked in a never ending supply. You can buy as many as you have the money for, infinitely. Yeah, it's not an ideal method thanks to all the RNG, but it's at least an option that is always available. That's not the case with Scattersights -- which are a finite resource. In the case of Goat, an absolutely nonexistent resource.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Planete" date="2019-03-28 09:42:28" ] I love both a lot. [LIST] [*]Random for the surprise, i would have loved FR going even more in that direction but understand that players who have breeding projects prefer to avoid "bad surprises". As a procedural generation and randomization "nerd" I want the surprises and the lack of control, but i get it. [*]Breeding-only for the variety in gameplay, and the extra-value accorded to breeders and young dragons, while now Gen1 and low-digits are the only dragons who are worth anything long-term. And my "hatch a nest a day" play style is not rewarding in game aside from the "fun" value i give it.[/LIST] [/quote] Woah, whoah, woah, I love randomness myself. I try to create randomness, most of my pairs are non-matching with genes that have contrast colors (Lionfish,Poison,Skink,Tapir) because I love the kinds of random colors I get. I rarely have ZZ-breed pairs because when I throw my mirror and imp together, I'm still waiting for them to make an imp baby so I can add it to lore. When that baby arrives it's going to be me waiting for 4 years of waiting on RNG to pay off and in the meantime, I love the colorful random babies they throw the rest of the time. If you can't figure out how to enjoy random eye-breeding results, while other people customize their old dragons, then the problem is the constraints you've applied to your own playstyle. You mentioned earlier that 'what's the point if you can buy what you want?' I don't think you remember that eyes aren't controllable, offer no dragon-benefit, and can't be bred for. Me having a vial for Goat or [url=https://i.imgur.com/ZTFfaMX.jpg]Omega[/url] or [url=https://i.imgur.com/nh8SC1x.jpg] Cuttlefish[/url] or anything new they pull out doesn't change your chances of hatching a Primal from a clashy fodder pair or never getting Dark Sclera by random chance. The ability for me to buy a UM skin for big cat stripes to put on a dragon I've bought Spiral for, doesn't stop you breeding Obs Tiger Common X Copper Iri Uncommon together and getting a Sand Tiger Faceted baby "randomly". But that's sort of the vibe I get from your arguments. No one should have vials, because [i]you [/i]want pure random, random you are still going to get regardless, just like everyone's going to get random results in their nests and G1 eggs. But because other people want to reskin their results, they shouldn't be able to, because if you could reskin, you wouldn't bother. That makes no sense as an argument. If you don't want to use vials, don't. Please, if you enjoy Randomness, then take up a breeding challenge. Take triple-basic G1 starters and breed them into XXX imperials with Facet. There is going to be plenty of random in that (I've done it for kicks, not to the Imperial level, but for genes and it is interesting what colors you get.) I had a similar argument to this once in Suggestions. I wanted a toggle option to show adults in the Forsee Progeny scryer. My logic was, dragons are adults a lot longer than they are hatchlings and certain genes change between hatchling and adult stages, so, seeing if offspring would show desired patterns better as adults would help me guide my breeding plans. Another user claimed that somehow, being able to see adults in the scryer would ruin their playstyle and it shouldn't be a thing. According to them, you either knew exactly what you were going to get (breeding XXXs) or you didn't care what the results were (if you bred XYZ) and you should be patient since what difference did it make. Or, I should take every color/gene option and scry it manually using the tools already in place, instead of asking for a simple opt-in-to-use function. In a toggle, an optional toggle that the other user was in no way obliged to use. That argument was palpably ridiculous. TL:DR The fun of FR is making your own fun and that everyone can make their fun without interfering with the fun of other players. Make up your lair's rules and go from there, stop expecting to be stopped or constrained by the game's external controls. But it should be up to the user to be able to make those choices. In the current Eyedebacle, no player can 'make their own fun', we no longer have choices. Their fun is a progen with Primal. Not getting it. Their fun is Goat on an Buffy The Vampire fandragon, they can't having it. Your fun? Random eyes on every breeding and no way for anyone to change it. You're the only one having fun right now. Where does that leave everyone else?
Planete wrote on 2019-03-28 09:42:28:
I love both a lot.
  • Random for the surprise, i would have loved FR going even more in that direction but understand that players who have breeding projects prefer to avoid "bad surprises". As a procedural generation and randomization "nerd" I want the surprises and the lack of control, but i get it.
  • Breeding-only for the variety in gameplay, and the extra-value accorded to breeders and young dragons, while now Gen1 and low-digits are the only dragons who are worth anything long-term. And my "hatch a nest a day" play style is not rewarding in game aside from the "fun" value i give it.

Woah, whoah, woah, I love randomness myself. I try to create randomness, most of my pairs are non-matching with genes that have contrast colors (Lionfish,Poison,Skink,Tapir) because I love the kinds of random colors I get. I rarely have ZZ-breed pairs because when I throw my mirror and imp together, I'm still waiting for them to make an imp baby so I can add it to lore. When that baby arrives it's going to be me waiting for 4 years of waiting on RNG to pay off and in the meantime, I love the colorful random babies they throw the rest of the time.

If you can't figure out how to enjoy random eye-breeding results, while other people customize their old dragons, then the problem is the constraints you've applied to your own playstyle. You mentioned earlier that 'what's the point if you can buy what you want?' I don't think you remember that eyes aren't controllable, offer no dragon-benefit, and can't be bred for. Me having a vial for Goat or Omega or Cuttlefish or anything new they pull out doesn't change your chances of hatching a Primal from a clashy fodder pair or never getting Dark Sclera by random chance. The ability for me to buy a UM skin for big cat stripes to put on a dragon I've bought Spiral for, doesn't stop you breeding Obs Tiger Common X Copper Iri Uncommon together and getting a Sand Tiger Faceted baby "randomly".

But that's sort of the vibe I get from your arguments. No one should have vials, because you want pure random, random you are still going to get regardless, just like everyone's going to get random results in their nests and G1 eggs. But because other people want to reskin their results, they shouldn't be able to, because if you could reskin, you wouldn't bother. That makes no sense as an argument. If you don't want to use vials, don't. Please, if you enjoy Randomness, then take up a breeding challenge. Take triple-basic G1 starters and breed them into XXX imperials with Facet. There is going to be plenty of random in that (I've done it for kicks, not to the Imperial level, but for genes and it is interesting what colors you get.)

I had a similar argument to this once in Suggestions. I wanted a toggle option to show adults in the Forsee Progeny scryer. My logic was, dragons are adults a lot longer than they are hatchlings and certain genes change between hatchling and adult stages, so, seeing if offspring would show desired patterns better as adults would help me guide my breeding plans. Another user claimed that somehow, being able to see adults in the scryer would ruin their playstyle and it shouldn't be a thing. According to them, you either knew exactly what you were going to get (breeding XXXs) or you didn't care what the results were (if you bred XYZ) and you should be patient since what difference did it make. Or, I should take every color/gene option and scry it manually using the tools already in place, instead of asking for a simple opt-in-to-use function. In a toggle, an optional toggle that the other user was in no way obliged to use. That argument was palpably ridiculous.

TL:DR The fun of FR is making your own fun and that everyone can make their fun without interfering with the fun of other players. Make up your lair's rules and go from there, stop expecting to be stopped or constrained by the game's external controls. But it should be up to the user to be able to make those choices. In the current Eyedebacle, no player can 'make their own fun', we no longer have choices. Their fun is a progen with Primal. Not getting it. Their fun is Goat on an Buffy The Vampire fandragon, they can't having it.

Your fun? Random eyes on every breeding and no way for anyone to change it. You're the only one having fun right now. Where does that leave everyone else?

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Oh this is exciting! Been waiting for new eye types to finally launch!
Oh this is exciting! Been waiting for new eye types to finally launch!
I was gone for a bit and the first time I saw the new eyes was in a hatchling possibility and I was very confused. My first thought was goat eyes though, so that was kinda cool.

I personally proably won’t keep a dragon with goat eyes, but I think they could look really cool, especially with a creepier aesthetic. And even little changes like the eyes could inspire some really awesome lore.
I was gone for a bit and the first time I saw the new eyes was in a hatchling possibility and I was very confused. My first thought was goat eyes though, so that was kinda cool.

I personally proably won’t keep a dragon with goat eyes, but I think they could look really cool, especially with a creepier aesthetic. And even little changes like the eyes could inspire some really awesome lore.
sig_by_cas_a_fras-db75m08.png
I wonder how long these eyes are gonna last in people lairs and dens
I wonder how long these eyes are gonna last in people lairs and dens
D3eUXhD.png
Absolutely love that the goat eyes are natural. Having more randomness to the hatch pool in terms of eye type is always a fun surprise! :D
Absolutely love that the goat eyes are natural. Having more randomness to the hatch pool in terms of eye type is always a fun surprise! :D
677fd66ff5b1d302249c98d4a1eb713daa76e28e.gif

8b02ad3c65b6b4b87011423eae92aa9999ab549f.gif
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123