Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2019
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
[quote name="AquariusStudios" date="2019-01-27 18:01:01" ] i'd really like to see more breed variation in the skins/accents selected as winners next month. Real disappointed that I seem to see the same couple breeds, and only them, every single festival when I know there's amazing submissions for all of them. If theres people submitting for all breeds in a festival, there should be winners for all breeds imo. that aside...pretty underwhelmed with this crystalline gala and a bit upset with the skin/cents chosen as winners (not that they aren't wonderful artist!). I just feel like there was other submissions that fit the theme better. I wish there would've been more skincents chosen that were unique ("frozen find", 'frost thruster' 'frigid gale' , 'winterberry queen') and strayed from the same "frozen/ made of ice" ones we get every year. I don't even know what the apparel is supposed to be? I was really hoping for more... also, choosing a skin that was marked as a wip is kinda…..yikes, staff. [/quote] This is exactly how I feel. That WIP skin has been that way since the submissions opened, it looks like the artist posted and then abandoned it. I'm not saying that the skin is bad (I actually really like the concept), but it seems very unfinished, especially in comparison to the other submissions that could have been chosen. I also really don't like the way the apparel looks, the color and shape of the ice is far more fitting for water than ice. It seems clunky and out of place on most dragons, and there's no variation to make it feel unique of different breeds. I know not all apparel gets a bunch of different line art, but this is one that could have benefited greatly from that. This would have fit far more in the Arcane fest than the ice one, just give it some magic instead of ice. This apparel just really bugs me. I have been looking forward to this for months now and I was incredibly surprised to find that I didn't like much of what was available. I do like the halo, though I wish the lineart was just a tad softer (like the light and lightning ones)
AquariusStudios wrote on 2019-01-27 18:01:01:
i'd really like to see more breed variation in the skins/accents selected as winners next month. Real disappointed that I seem to see the same couple breeds, and only them, every single festival when I know there's amazing submissions for all of them. If theres people submitting for all breeds in a festival, there should be winners for all breeds imo.

that aside...pretty underwhelmed with this crystalline gala and a bit upset with the skin/cents chosen as winners (not that they aren't wonderful artist!). I just feel like there was other submissions that fit the theme better. I wish there would've been more skincents chosen that were unique ("frozen find", 'frost thruster' 'frigid gale' , 'winterberry queen') and strayed from the same "frozen/ made of ice" ones we get every year.

I don't even know what the apparel is supposed to be?
I was really hoping for more...

also, choosing a skin that was marked as a wip is kinda…..yikes, staff.
This is exactly how I feel. That WIP skin has been that way since the submissions opened, it looks like the artist posted and then abandoned it. I'm not saying that the skin is bad (I actually really like the concept), but it seems very unfinished, especially in comparison to the other submissions that could have been chosen.

I also really don't like the way the apparel looks, the color and shape of the ice is far more fitting for water than ice. It seems clunky and out of place on most dragons, and there's no variation to make it feel unique of different breeds. I know not all apparel gets a bunch of different line art, but this is one that could have benefited greatly from that. This would have fit far more in the Arcane fest than the ice one, just give it some magic instead of ice. This apparel just really bugs me.

I have been looking forward to this for months now and I was incredibly surprised to find that I didn't like much of what was available. I do like the halo, though I wish the lineart was just a tad softer (like the light and lightning ones)
Auction_copy.jpg
Am I the only one who thinks the WIP skin looks perfectly complete? I think it's one of the better skins this year; I love the soft shading and the detail on the fur. There are contenders that did not get selected that I wish were (and that's always the case), but from where I'm judging these submissions, Ancient Heritage holds its own just fine.
Am I the only one who thinks the WIP skin looks perfectly complete? I think it's one of the better skins this year; I love the soft shading and the detail on the fur. There are contenders that did not get selected that I wish were (and that's always the case), but from where I'm judging these submissions, Ancient Heritage holds its own just fine.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@Ahriman
Oooh thanks so much!
Didn't realize it restocks that often o.o
I don't use the market much so I really have no idea how it works
I could have been checking more often OTL
@Ahriman
Oooh thanks so much!
Didn't realize it restocks that often o.o
I don't use the market much so I really have no idea how it works
I could have been checking more often OTL
JYq5097.png benson.png
echo.png
Oh, it's at it's end...
Oh, it's at it's end...
[emoji=snowflake] A very nice festival
A very nice festival
echo.pngbiscuit.pngXAwbs1b.pngc4w7tx2.png
i hope nobobies offended her i hate i horribly dissappointted i ve been ing sense the last gala only to be scrapped the earal fits my close friend better then any of our ice n the appearl from from the last arcane could be revamped ice actuty i could do myself under an hour im realy sad herl
i hope nobobies offended her i hate i horribly dissappointted i ve been ing sense the last gala only to be scrapped the earal fits my close friend better then any of our ice n the appearl from from the last arcane could be revamped ice actuty i could do myself under an hour im realy sad herl
4039c00a3d83803d3c9d2ec54b1d1a47.jpg
Happy gala guys!!!
I was so lucky to find a ice chest while digging and got one of those skins :3
Happy gala guys!!!
I was so lucky to find a ice chest while digging and got one of those skins :3
Does this end at 6am or 6pm?
Does this end at 6am or 6pm?
KMv71f5.png cHa0MYt.png
qCVFNJp.png
oaolHwW.png
SKINSHOP

The cests were a really disapointment this time! I won 380 pieces of snow (from which 200 in the coli) and the rest digging and I haven't got even a SINGLE chest! What is this?! I understand they are 'rare' but not even 1 in 200 batles?! Your odds were really off this time and I'm very disapointed!
The cests were a really disapointment this time! I won 380 pieces of snow (from which 200 in the coli) and the rest digging and I haven't got even a SINGLE chest! What is this?! I understand they are 'rare' but not even 1 in 200 batles?! Your odds were really off this time and I'm very disapointed!
forumone.gif
heck i completely missed this entire fest *facepalm*
heck i completely missed this entire fest *facepalm*
Was: IzzyLightwood721
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55