Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2018
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Oh thats sad that its over...i guess we'll have to wait till next year...hopefully better luck next year ! ( and im so sorry to all those that had a bad NOTN, hopefully it will be better next year!)
Oh thats sad that its over...i guess we'll have to wait till next year...hopefully better luck next year ! ( and im so sorry to all those that had a bad NOTN, hopefully it will be better next year!)
Last year was so much better. I spent more time in the coli this year and everything, but I got literally 12 chests in the entire fortnight and THREE of them contained the same item.
Last year was so much better. I spent more time in the coli this year and everything, but I got literally 12 chests in the entire fortnight and THREE of them contained the same item.
I missed it :(
I missed it :(
hi gamers
hi gamers
XMK5egN.gifXMK5egN.gifXMK5egN.gif
I would like to mention a quick thread I did. I opened 937 chests and have some statistics.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2609036
Quote:
This is what I learned!

For reference, I put all of my data into a spreadsheet which is viewable here.

Fun Facts/Notes
Highest Cost Chest: 24,000 gold/24 gems
Lowest Cost Chest: 18.5 gold (Sorry to the person who put it up on the AH for 185 gold for 10 total chests, not 185 gems)
Time Spent on Auction House: At least 10 continuous hours
TIme Spent putting this sheet together: 2 Hours
Your average chance of getting a Nocturne Egg is 10%
Your average chance of getting really nothing worthwhile $$-wise is 36.04%
AH Prices were only calculated for items that were really worth gold.
Category: Apparel was 30.2% of the total 86 drops. Familiars was 61.6%. Specialty was 8.1%.
You had a 29.03% chance to get an apparel drop.
You had a 53.90% chance to get a familiar drop.
You had a 17.08% chance to get a specialty drop.
I lost about 785k overall. Yes, I still had fun. No, I'm not angry.
The average real life cost of a chest is $0.23 USD.

Key takeaways:

Yes, I really did spend over 21 million gold on chests.

Your chance of getting a Nocturne Egg is literally 10%.
Stop complaining the event is bugged. It's not.

Suggestions to Site Staff:

I personally don't mind losing gold because I'm a bit more well off than most here... but when fully 36% of items aren't worth more than 2-3 gems, maybe 1500-3000 gold at best - it might make sense to slightly, ever so slightly up the amount you get back OR make the 36% sellable in bulk.
This was a good event, and I had fun. Thanks!
The Blooming Hedgehide is my least favorite familiar.

Thanks for reading, let me know if you have questions!
I would like to mention a quick thread I did. I opened 937 chests and have some statistics.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2609036
Quote:
This is what I learned!

For reference, I put all of my data into a spreadsheet which is viewable here.

Fun Facts/Notes
Highest Cost Chest: 24,000 gold/24 gems
Lowest Cost Chest: 18.5 gold (Sorry to the person who put it up on the AH for 185 gold for 10 total chests, not 185 gems)
Time Spent on Auction House: At least 10 continuous hours
TIme Spent putting this sheet together: 2 Hours
Your average chance of getting a Nocturne Egg is 10%
Your average chance of getting really nothing worthwhile $$-wise is 36.04%
AH Prices were only calculated for items that were really worth gold.
Category: Apparel was 30.2% of the total 86 drops. Familiars was 61.6%. Specialty was 8.1%.
You had a 29.03% chance to get an apparel drop.
You had a 53.90% chance to get a familiar drop.
You had a 17.08% chance to get a specialty drop.
I lost about 785k overall. Yes, I still had fun. No, I'm not angry.
The average real life cost of a chest is $0.23 USD.

Key takeaways:

Yes, I really did spend over 21 million gold on chests.

Your chance of getting a Nocturne Egg is literally 10%.
Stop complaining the event is bugged. It's not.

Suggestions to Site Staff:

I personally don't mind losing gold because I'm a bit more well off than most here... but when fully 36% of items aren't worth more than 2-3 gems, maybe 1500-3000 gold at best - it might make sense to slightly, ever so slightly up the amount you get back OR make the 36% sellable in bulk.
This was a good event, and I had fun. Thanks!
The Blooming Hedgehide is my least favorite familiar.

Thanks for reading, let me know if you have questions!
If you're trying to get my attention in the forums, please @ me!
@Aokuang

Did you happen to calculate the percentage/droprate of non-2018 apparel and familiars versus those of the 2018 sets? The main issue wasn’t eggs or scrolls, for me at least; it was the constant dupe fam/apparel pulls — along with the low chest droprate in general — that made me upset. I checked your spreadsheet and thread but didn’t see numbers for that, aside from probability stats for each individual item, but perhaps I missed them.
@Aokuang

Did you happen to calculate the percentage/droprate of non-2018 apparel and familiars versus those of the 2018 sets? The main issue wasn’t eggs or scrolls, for me at least; it was the constant dupe fam/apparel pulls — along with the low chest droprate in general — that made me upset. I checked your spreadsheet and thread but didn’t see numbers for that, aside from probability stats for each individual item, but perhaps I missed them.
3 hours ahead of FR time
I had a good NotN. ?? I had plenty of free time and was able to Coli a ton and take advantage of Swipp and Baldwin.

I can't compare the drop rates of the chests to previous years because I think I didn't really do NotN 2017. I forget if I had zero free time then or what, but I don't remember NotN 2017 at all.

EDIT: It should be noted I opened few chests compared to the ones I sold on the AH.
I had a good NotN. ?? I had plenty of free time and was able to Coli a ton and take advantage of Swipp and Baldwin.

I can't compare the drop rates of the chests to previous years because I think I didn't really do NotN 2017. I forget if I had zero free time then or what, but I don't remember NotN 2017 at all.

EDIT: It should be noted I opened few chests compared to the ones I sold on the AH.
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Comprehensive Coli Builds List
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
[quote name="ElvenArtist" date="2019-01-09 21:15:33" ] @Aokuang Did you happen to calculate the percentage/droprate of non-2018 apparel and familiars versus those of the 2018 sets? The main issue wasn’t eggs or scrolls, for me at least; it was the constant dupe fam/apparel pulls — along with the low chest droprate in general — that made me upset. I checked your spreadsheet and thread but didn’t see numbers for that, aside from probability stats for each individual item, but perhaps I missed them. [/quote] I didn't, because I'm not sure what was 2018 vs. non-2018. Sorry.
ElvenArtist wrote on 2019-01-09 21:15:33:
@Aokuang

I didn't, because I'm not sure what was 2018 vs. non-2018. Sorry.
If you're trying to get my attention in the forums, please @ me!
??????!
??????!
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89