Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2018
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
So...thanks for the many old familiars from years ago that I already have multiples of, not to mention apparel that I don't really care if I have or not. I only got a few of the new familiars and the chest drop rate was ridiculous. Some of us don't have hours and hours to battle in the coliseum :/
So...thanks for the many old familiars from years ago that I already have multiples of, not to mention apparel that I don't really care if I have or not. I only got a few of the new familiars and the chest drop rate was ridiculous. Some of us don't have hours and hours to battle in the coliseum :/
[quote name="WingedClaymore" date="2019-01-05 18:53:33" ] - Cycle the old items out every other year. We shouldn't be receiving items from 3+ years ago. We should get this year's and last year's only, and next year we'd get new items and this year's items. This way you have 2 chances to get a full set, and the market isn't saturated with old junk no one (except new players) wants. That way, the items actually have value. Buuut that's just my opinion *shrug* [/quote] It's mine too ^^ How is this supposed to be in future years otherwise, with tons and tons of old items reducing the chance to get the new ones???
WingedClaymore wrote on 2019-01-05 18:53:33:

- Cycle the old items out every other year. We shouldn't be receiving items from 3+ years ago. We should get this year's and last year's only, and next year we'd get new items and this year's items. This way you have 2 chances to get a full set, and the market isn't saturated with old junk no one (except new players) wants. That way, the items actually have value.

Buuut that's just my opinion *shrug*

It's mine too ^^ How is this supposed to be in future years otherwise, with tons and tons of old items reducing the chance to get the new ones???
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
How many Chests did you all get in total?? I have had about 116, and thank God I didn't get only one item from the even which was the breed sroll, wish I got one but oh well. This NONT was nice to me, I got all appareal and familliars, probably because I was really active in the colli. Maybe less things from the past next time though.
How many Chests did you all get in total?? I have had about 116, and thank God I didn't get only one item from the even which was the breed sroll, wish I got one but oh well. This NONT was nice to me, I got all appareal and familliars, probably because I was really active in the colli. Maybe less things from the past next time though.
ROOZ1my.png
UMevL3r.png
dEe2UrM.png
MFxuEZc.png
I got about 37, but I only somewhat grinded at work. I opened up my first 5 and got two eggs and combined them into the 30 others I had for an off site trade. Of the seven total I opened myself I ended up with 2 eggs and one of the new apparel.
I got about 37, but I only somewhat grinded at work. I opened up my first 5 and got two eggs and combined them into the 30 others I had for an off site trade. Of the seven total I opened myself I ended up with 2 eggs and one of the new apparel.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
i opened 70+ chests and got tons of duplicate familiars, at least three of most apparel pieces and like 6 eggs? the eggs are all i wanted, now i have a bunch of stuff i don't care about shoved in my vault ^^;; maybe it'll get a little worth something before next year's event
i opened 70+ chests and got tons of duplicate familiars, at least three of most apparel pieces and like 6 eggs? the eggs are all i wanted, now i have a bunch of stuff i don't care about shoved in my vault ^^;; maybe it'll get a little worth something before next year's event
some suggestions for NotN going forward:

1) personally i find the coliseum strange chest drop rate reasonable. i'm against boosting the coliseum drop rate as it affects how fast items can be farmed globally, and doing so would further depress already-low AH prices for NotN items. however, gathering drop rate could be boosted significantly. this would be of great service to players who cannot or choose not to grind coliseum, and wouldn't come at any significant cost for players who can afford to grind coliseum.

2) for strange chest drops, either keep only the past 2 years worth of NotN gear/familiars in the 'past item' pool and retire the rest, or keep the total probability of getting a 'past item' constant at say 25% regardless of the number of items in that pool (which means the chance of getting an individual past item decreases as more and more past items become available). personally i'm for the former option as i feel rather strongly that retiring items eventually (e.g. after a reasonable time frame of 3 years) is an attractive reward for old players who have invested time in the site. it's hardly an incentive for anyone to play the game if they know that the things they have worked for will be worth nothing in a few years' time as the game becomes flooded with them.

3) make it possible for us to hoard-sell apparel, please.

4) balancing mimics in the coliseum across different venues would be a nice idea. what's uniform shouldn't be the number of mimic-containing packs across venues, but the chance of encountering a mimic pack per battle. venues with a significantly higher number of normal enemy packs (e.g. forgotten cave) should be stocked with a greater number of mimic-containing packs (including duplicates of the same combination of mimics), as compared to a venue like sandswept delta. this would help players who are encountering mimics are an absurdly low rate because they happen to be grinding in a 'bad' venue.

5) it should be possible to exchange coliseum food/trinket drops for strange chests in a way that's free from the whim of Swipp's RNG. players are already subject to RNG when grinding for strange chests in coliseum, and it makes a lot more sense for the food/trinket exchange method of obtaining chests to double as an assured way of gaining x number of chests per unit time of grinding (given that food/trinket drops are common), over and against the much more unpredictable way of waiting for strange chests to drop.
some suggestions for NotN going forward:

1) personally i find the coliseum strange chest drop rate reasonable. i'm against boosting the coliseum drop rate as it affects how fast items can be farmed globally, and doing so would further depress already-low AH prices for NotN items. however, gathering drop rate could be boosted significantly. this would be of great service to players who cannot or choose not to grind coliseum, and wouldn't come at any significant cost for players who can afford to grind coliseum.

2) for strange chest drops, either keep only the past 2 years worth of NotN gear/familiars in the 'past item' pool and retire the rest, or keep the total probability of getting a 'past item' constant at say 25% regardless of the number of items in that pool (which means the chance of getting an individual past item decreases as more and more past items become available). personally i'm for the former option as i feel rather strongly that retiring items eventually (e.g. after a reasonable time frame of 3 years) is an attractive reward for old players who have invested time in the site. it's hardly an incentive for anyone to play the game if they know that the things they have worked for will be worth nothing in a few years' time as the game becomes flooded with them.

3) make it possible for us to hoard-sell apparel, please.

4) balancing mimics in the coliseum across different venues would be a nice idea. what's uniform shouldn't be the number of mimic-containing packs across venues, but the chance of encountering a mimic pack per battle. venues with a significantly higher number of normal enemy packs (e.g. forgotten cave) should be stocked with a greater number of mimic-containing packs (including duplicates of the same combination of mimics), as compared to a venue like sandswept delta. this would help players who are encountering mimics are an absurdly low rate because they happen to be grinding in a 'bad' venue.

5) it should be possible to exchange coliseum food/trinket drops for strange chests in a way that's free from the whim of Swipp's RNG. players are already subject to RNG when grinding for strange chests in coliseum, and it makes a lot more sense for the food/trinket exchange method of obtaining chests to double as an assured way of gaining x number of chests per unit time of grinding (given that food/trinket drops are common), over and against the much more unpredictable way of waiting for strange chests to drop.
Hi
Hi
@hiroki If you haven't already; please post in the Suggestions forum! :) It is (more) likely to be overlooked here in an announcement thread, which is generally filled with just hyped responses.
@hiroki If you haven't already; please post in the Suggestions forum! :) It is (more) likely to be overlooked here in an announcement thread, which is generally filled with just hyped responses.
the staff really need to rethink their management of this event. i released my true frustrations a couple pages back, so i've got nothing more than to say than just... this event made me exhausted.

here's to hoping next year brings some serious changes. c:
the staff really need to rethink their management of this event. i released my true frustrations a couple pages back, so i've got nothing more than to say than just... this event made me exhausted.

here's to hoping next year brings some serious changes. c:
VCfSZFe.png x
x

hello! don't be afraid to
talk to me, i'm friendly!

> my wishlist
> hatchery
> skin/accent shop
NOtN should have ended tonight - not in the freaking morning. Misleading to say it ends on the 6th and end it in the freaking morning. >:(
DISAPPOINTED RAGE
NOtN should have ended tonight - not in the freaking morning. Misleading to say it ends on the 6th and end it in the freaking morning. >:(
DISAPPOINTED RAGE
TURNIP
ne6Lok5.png
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89