Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update - Lair Revamp
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 94 95
I have one question - how much will expanding the Hibernal Den cost? As it is a sister function to the dragon lair, can we expect the cost of additional tabs and slots to be similar to the cost of extra slots and tabs for our lairs?
I have one question - how much will expanding the Hibernal Den cost? As it is a sister function to the dragon lair, can we expect the cost of additional tabs and slots to be similar to the cost of extra slots and tabs for our lairs?
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
Looks promising so far!

It wasn't directly stated, but can you change the genes and/or names of hibernation dragons? I assume you can, but I figured I would ask.
Looks promising so far!

It wasn't directly stated, but can you change the genes and/or names of hibernation dragons? I assume you can, but I figured I would ask.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Thank you so much to the whole flight rising team! (especially the devs for this one)
I'm looking forward to this update and I appreciate the effort you all put into making this a fantastic game.
Now to think about how I plan to display my lair... hm...
Thank you so much to the whole flight rising team! (especially the devs for this one)
I'm looking forward to this update and I appreciate the effort you all put into making this a fantastic game.
Now to think about how I plan to display my lair... hm...
eLAndXa.png FooterAds.gif
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
2OTuj7X.png I hoard black orpingtons and black-capped chickadees!
[quote name="Nazurak" date="2018-10-26 11:23:48" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-10-26 11:05:39" ] [quote name="Nazurak" date="2018-10-26 10:50:19" ] [quote name="Alyxsandre" date="2018-10-26 10:38:05" ] Alright FR This is awesome Great even But when will we get a definitive answer on More Lair Expansions There’s a suggestion thread that’s over 70 pages long full of our cries and every update like this that jumps around the answer only breaks our heart a little bit more [/quote] Excuse me if it is already addressed, but the way I read it: [i]"Players will be able to purchase additional lair tabs (up to a total of 15 in all) for treasure." "However, with the new system, we are increasing the maximum number of dragons per page to 60."[/i] If you do the math that is a potential of [b]900 dragons[/b] (15x60) which I believe is the lair space you have been asking for. Edit: Actually, my math is wrong. In the example you can have at least 3 pages per tab (I'd guess you can have more than three but not sure of the final total) So that would be at least 3 pages per tab (to a max of 15) and a potential of 60 dragons per page. 60 dragons x 3(+?) pages x 15 tabs = That is at least a [b]total of 2,700 dragons[/b] you could potentially hold in your active lair in one go assuming the 'max' is 3 pages per tab (though I would guess you could have at least 10 pages per tab as that is what we currently have. Which brings it to[b] aprox 9,000 dragons[/b] in your active lair.) [/quote] @Nazurak Just to correct some confusion: when we say "60 is the maximum per page", that's [b]display only[/b]. It would mean pages elsewhere in your lair would be smaller to compensate for your current cap. Example: You have 2 tabs. If you had a lair cap of [b]100[/b] dragons and you put [b]60[/b] of them in one tab, the second tab would only support [b]40[/b]. [/quote] But if you pay to have more than 200 slots (our current maximum) spread about the pages/tabs, you are able to [b]buy slots up to a max of 9,000[/b]? (I would assume such a cost would be ridiculously high, this is a hypothetical train of thought.) I would be surprised if lairs reach over 400-500 dragons. Whoops, deleted instead of edited. Sorry for the extra ping. [/quote] @Nazurak You can discuss hypotheticals as much as you'd like, I was just trying to help clarify how the details we released about the feature apply to current lair size standards. I don't want others to become confused about astronomically high lair caps that don't exist and weren't discussed in the post.
Nazurak wrote on 2018-10-26 11:23:48:
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-10-26 11:05:39:
Nazurak wrote on 2018-10-26 10:50:19:
Alyxsandre wrote on 2018-10-26 10:38:05:
Alright FR
This is awesome
Great even

But when will we get a definitive answer on More Lair Expansions

There’s a suggestion thread that’s over 70 pages long full of our cries and every update like this that jumps around the answer only breaks our heart a little bit more

Excuse me if it is already addressed, but the way I read it:

"Players will be able to purchase additional lair tabs (up to a total of 15 in all) for treasure."
"However, with the new system, we are increasing the maximum number of dragons per page to 60."

If you do the math that is a potential of 900 dragons (15x60) which I believe is the lair space you have been asking for.

Edit: Actually, my math is wrong. In the example you can have at least 3 pages per tab (I'd guess you can have more than three but not sure of the final total) So that would be at least 3 pages per tab (to a max of 15) and a potential of 60 dragons per page. 60 dragons x 3(+?) pages x 15 tabs = That is at least a total of 2,700 dragons you could potentially hold in your active lair in one go assuming the 'max' is 3 pages per tab (though I would guess you could have at least 10 pages per tab as that is what we currently have. Which brings it to aprox 9,000 dragons in your active lair.)

@Nazurak

Just to correct some confusion: when we say "60 is the maximum per page", that's display only. It would mean pages elsewhere in your lair would be smaller to compensate for your current cap.

Example: You have 2 tabs. If you had a lair cap of 100 dragons and you put 60 of them in one tab, the second tab would only support 40.

But if you pay to have more than 200 slots (our current maximum) spread about the pages/tabs, you are able to buy slots up to a max of 9,000? (I would assume such a cost would be ridiculously high, this is a hypothetical train of thought.) I would be surprised if lairs reach over 400-500 dragons.

Whoops, deleted instead of edited. Sorry for the extra ping.

@Nazurak

You can discuss hypotheticals as much as you'd like, I was just trying to help clarify
how the details we released about the feature apply to current lair size standards. I don't want others to become confused about astronomically high lair caps that don't exist and weren't discussed in the post.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Will hibernating dragons also have their breeding cooldowns frozen? Or could we potentially put dragons we want to hold onto for breeding into hibernation until they are ready to breed?
Will hibernating dragons also have their breeding cooldowns frozen? Or could we potentially put dragons we want to hold onto for breeding into hibernation until they are ready to breed?
Alhazred-Signature.png
Question?

So, can we leave spare slots before the dragons? Like if you wanted a nice rearranged slot pattern of dragons in one tab is it possible?
Question?

So, can we leave spare slots before the dragons? Like if you wanted a nice rearranged slot pattern of dragons in one tab is it possible?
35326_s.gif
Lair arrangement on mobile? I know I just woke up but I feel like I'm dreaming!
Lair arrangement on mobile? I know I just woke up but I feel like I'm dreaming!
unknown.png
Really looking forward to the rework, especially the hibernal den! I just have three concerns on the matter, hope you don't mind me pointing them out!

-Can dragons be in there permanently? Or is this a matter of "they can be in there for 14 days, after which the 30-day cooldown starts." I really do not want to keep moving dragons between active lair & hibernation.
-I thought the hibernation would be more like breeding for instance; Just adds an icon to the dragon on the main page that it is hibernating, rather than actually creating an entirely separate place for them. For instance, say I have a collection of certain dragons that I want to keep together, but one of them is on my coliseum team, then either I have to keep all the others active, or pick a different coliseum fighter to keep them together? I would personally like a system where I can choose to sort all my dragons together regardless of whether I want to lock them out from being fed or not. I do not want to have to forcibly separate dragons.
-Can hibernal dragons still be used as an avatar? I know a lot of people switch their avatar according to events. Eg. Have their Plague representative out during Riot of Rot. But having a dragon out of place & stuck on cooldown for a month over that would be a tad obnoxious.
Really looking forward to the rework, especially the hibernal den! I just have three concerns on the matter, hope you don't mind me pointing them out!

-Can dragons be in there permanently? Or is this a matter of "they can be in there for 14 days, after which the 30-day cooldown starts." I really do not want to keep moving dragons between active lair & hibernation.
-I thought the hibernation would be more like breeding for instance; Just adds an icon to the dragon on the main page that it is hibernating, rather than actually creating an entirely separate place for them. For instance, say I have a collection of certain dragons that I want to keep together, but one of them is on my coliseum team, then either I have to keep all the others active, or pick a different coliseum fighter to keep them together? I would personally like a system where I can choose to sort all my dragons together regardless of whether I want to lock them out from being fed or not. I do not want to have to forcibly separate dragons.
-Can hibernal dragons still be used as an avatar? I know a lot of people switch their avatar according to events. Eg. Have their Plague representative out during Riot of Rot. But having a dragon out of place & stuck on cooldown for a month over that would be a tad obnoxious.
CEMkO7t.png gifYPqJ.png
I knew I didn’t imagine hibernation! So excited for lair tabs/hibernation den
I knew I didn’t imagine hibernation! So excited for lair tabs/hibernation den
extra-wing-left.png9PfTMVf.pngextra-wing-right.png
all this stuff sounds really great!!

though i cant help imagine how many people are complaining about constellation still
all this stuff sounds really great!!

though i cant help imagine how many people are complaining about constellation still
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 94 95