Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lionfish, Noxtide, and Dark Sclera
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Those eyes 0w0 they are amazing
Those eyes 0w0 they are amazing
Hi,I’m some artist
That is beautiful OwO
Especially how dark sclera will be perfect for dragons with the ghost gene X3
That is beautiful OwO
Especially how dark sclera will be perfect for dragons with the ghost gene X3
[quote name="Natakiro" date="2018-10-22 23:37:37" ] After trying out the genes on some dragons, all I gotta say is boy are there a lot of errors this time around :/ And they won't get fixed, either, if the "repair history" is anything to go by. How many errors are still kicking around since the automation of the colorwheel update? I'd honestly rather get color/gene corrections over new content. Fix the current stuff before piling on more with errors that won't get tended to. Not trying to sound harsh or negative, I just wish that all the cool stuff you guys put out would actually come out either more finished or at least get to fixing the big backlog of reported issues. Quality over quantity! [/quote] I started out thinking that these new genes looked great, and I mean... they [i]do[/i], it’s an awesome concept, but there are a huge number of art errors with both of them! D: It’s not just one or two breeds/genders here and there, either; there’s at least one mistake on just about every breed, gender, and age on the site. Nearly [b]every[/b] breed has something miscoloured or uncoloured (claws, horns, inner ears, SD jewels/antennae, etc.), male Coatls are missing their butt wing patterns with Noxtide, Tundras may or may not be missing parts as well (still haven’t gotten answers to that), and some dragons are missing random spots of their markings. People have been reporting these mistakes in the appropriate Gene/Art Errors sticky, but... These genes [b]really[/b] needed to go through some quality control before being released. I know that you guys need to push out new content to keep people engaged, and I appreciate your hard work, but you [i]also[/i] need to start catching up on some of these errors before they snowball much more. :( I’m sure that most users would be happy to wait a little bit between gene releases if it meant that old genes would be fixed and new ones would be released error-free (or mostly error-free)! I don’t want to see FR run itself into the ground from too many unfixed errors (and other unresolved issues that people still have, like captchas and the eye fiasco). I’ve seen the exact same thing kill other sites, and I’d hate for FR to die that way as well. Please, don’t feel so pressured to release new content as often as possible at the expense of quality and user satisfaction. :c I’m sure that most of us would be okay with waiting if it meant that the updates we [i]do[/i] get are polished and well-planned!
Natakiro wrote on 2018-10-22 23:37:37:
After trying out the genes on some dragons, all I gotta say is boy are there a lot of errors this time around :/ And they won't get fixed, either, if the "repair history" is anything to go by. How many errors are still kicking around since the automation of the colorwheel update? I'd honestly rather get color/gene corrections over new content. Fix the current stuff before piling on more with errors that won't get tended to.

Not trying to sound harsh or negative, I just wish that all the cool stuff you guys put out would actually come out either more finished or at least get to fixing the big backlog of reported issues. Quality over quantity!

I started out thinking that these new genes looked great, and I mean... they do, it’s an awesome concept, but there are a huge number of art errors with both of them! D: It’s not just one or two breeds/genders here and there, either; there’s at least one mistake on just about every breed, gender, and age on the site.

Nearly every breed has something miscoloured or uncoloured (claws, horns, inner ears, SD jewels/antennae, etc.), male Coatls are missing their butt wing patterns with Noxtide, Tundras may or may not be missing parts as well (still haven’t gotten answers to that), and some dragons are missing random spots of their markings.

People have been reporting these mistakes in the appropriate Gene/Art Errors sticky, but... These genes really needed to go through some quality control before being released. I know that you guys need to push out new content to keep people engaged, and I appreciate your hard work, but you also need to start catching up on some of these errors before they snowball much more. :( I’m sure that most users would be happy to wait a little bit between gene releases if it meant that old genes would be fixed and new ones would be released error-free (or mostly error-free)!

I don’t want to see FR run itself into the ground from too many unfixed errors (and other unresolved issues that people still have, like captchas and the eye fiasco). I’ve seen the exact same thing kill other sites, and I’d hate for FR to die that way as well.

Please, don’t feel so pressured to release new content as often as possible at the expense of quality and user satisfaction. :c I’m sure that most of us would be okay with waiting if it meant that the updates we do get are polished and well-planned!
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Now these are the type of stripes I'm all about. Pinstripe is ok but these? These are some Good. Stripes. And I never knew how great dark sclera eyes could be but ohh wow they are fantastic.
Now these are the type of stripes I'm all about. Pinstripe is ok but these? These are some Good. Stripes. And I never knew how great dark sclera eyes could be but ohh wow they are fantastic.
NcSflKP.png
My bones are made of feathers, and my heart beats with the breeze.
D91RBvR.pnglHdQ8WC.gifOY3P2op.png
NQaOZu9.png
stW7qZC.png
IbGi8gf.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-10-23 18:20:41" ] [quote name="Natakiro" date="2018-10-22 23:37:37" ] After trying out the genes on some dragons, all I gotta say is boy are there a lot of errors this time around :/ And they won't get fixed, either, if the "repair history" is anything to go by. How many errors are still kicking around since the automation of the colorwheel update? I'd honestly rather get color/gene corrections over new content. Fix the current stuff before piling on more with errors that won't get tended to. Not trying to sound harsh or negative, I just wish that all the cool stuff you guys put out would actually come out either more finished or at least get to fixing the big backlog of reported issues. Quality over quantity! [/quote] I started out thinking that these new genes looked great, and I mean... they [i]do[/i], it’s an awesome concept, but there are a huge number of art errors with both of them! D: It’s not just one or two breeds/genders here and there, either; there’s at least one mistake on just about every breed, gender, and age on the site. Nearly [b]every[/b] breed has something miscoloured or uncoloured (claws, horns, inner ears, SD jewels/antennae, etc.), male Coatls are missing their butt wing patterns with Noxtide, Tundras may or may not be missing parts as well (still haven’t gotten answers to that), and some dragons are missing random spots of their markings. People have been reporting these mistakes in the appropriate Gene/Art Errors sticky, but... These genes [b]really[/b] needed to go through some quality control before being released. I know that you guys need to push out new content to keep people engaged, and I appreciate your hard work, but you [i]also[/i] need to start catching up on some of these errors before they snowball much more. :( I’m sure that most users would be happy to wait a little bit between gene releases if it meant that old genes would be fixed and new ones would be released error-free (or mostly error-free)! I don’t want to see FR run itself into the ground from too many unfixed errors (and other unresolved issues that people still have, like captchas and the eye fiasco). I’ve seen the exact same thing kill other sites, and I’d hate for FR to die that way as well. Please, don’t feel so pressured to release new content as often as possible at the expense of quality and user satisfaction. :c I’m sure that most of us would be okay with waiting if it meant that the updates we [i]do[/i] get are polished and well-planned! [/quote] There are even still errors with old genes like piebald and paint on guardians. I agree that I love the new genes but it would be nice if old errors were fixed first. I'm totally happy waiting for new content if bugs and errors are fixed. :)
Ningyo wrote on 2018-10-23 18:20:41:
After trying out the genes on some dragons, all I gotta say is boy are there a lot of errors this time around :/ And they won't get fixed, either, if the "repair history" is anything to go by. How many errors are still kicking around since the automation of the colorwheel update? I'd honestly rather get color/gene corrections over new content. Fix the current stuff before piling on more with errors that won't get tended to.

Not trying to sound harsh or negative, I just wish that all the cool stuff you guys put out would actually come out either more finished or at least get to fixing the big backlog of reported issues. Quality over quantity!

I started out thinking that these new genes looked great, and I mean... they do, it’s an awesome concept, but there are a huge number of art errors with both of them! D: It’s not just one or two breeds/genders here and there, either; there’s at least one mistake on just about every breed, gender, and age on the site.

Nearly every breed has something miscoloured or uncoloured (claws, horns, inner ears, SD jewels/antennae, etc.), male Coatls are missing their butt wing patterns with Noxtide, Tundras may or may not be missing parts as well (still haven’t gotten answers to that), and some dragons are missing random spots of their markings.

People have been reporting these mistakes in the appropriate Gene/Art Errors sticky, but... These genes really needed to go through some quality control before being released. I know that you guys need to push out new content to keep people engaged, and I appreciate your hard work, but you also need to start catching up on some of these errors before they snowball much more. :( I’m sure that most users would be happy to wait a little bit between gene releases if it meant that old genes would be fixed and new ones would be released error-free (or mostly error-free)!

I don’t want to see FR run itself into the ground from too many unfixed errors (and other unresolved issues that people still have, like captchas and the eye fiasco). I’ve seen the exact same thing kill other sites, and I’d hate for FR to die that way as well.

Please, don’t feel so pressured to release new content as often as possible at the expense of quality and user satisfaction. :c I’m sure that most of us would be okay with waiting if it meant that the updates we do get are polished and well-planned!

There are even still errors with old genes like piebald and paint on guardians. I agree that I love the new genes but it would be nice if old errors were fixed first. I'm totally happy waiting for new content if bugs and errors are fixed. :)
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
[quote name="PurpleTartan" date="2018-10-24 05:17:50" ] [quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-10-23 18:20:41" ] [quote name="Natakiro" date="2018-10-22 23:37:37" ] After trying out the genes on some dragons, all I gotta say is boy are there a lot of errors this time around :/ And they won't get fixed, either, if the "repair history" is anything to go by. How many errors are still kicking around since the automation of the colorwheel update? I'd honestly rather get color/gene corrections over new content. Fix the current stuff before piling on more with errors that won't get tended to. Not trying to sound harsh or negative, I just wish that all the cool stuff you guys put out would actually come out either more finished or at least get to fixing the big backlog of reported issues. Quality over quantity! [/quote] I started out thinking that these new genes looked great, and I mean... they [i]do[/i], it’s an awesome concept, but there are a huge number of art errors with both of them! D: It’s not just one or two breeds/genders here and there, either; there’s at least one mistake on just about every breed, gender, and age on the site. Nearly [b]every[/b] breed has something miscoloured or uncoloured (claws, horns, inner ears, SD jewels/antennae, etc.), male Coatls are missing their butt wing patterns with Noxtide, Tundras may or may not be missing parts as well (still haven’t gotten answers to that), and some dragons are missing random spots of their markings. People have been reporting these mistakes in the appropriate Gene/Art Errors sticky, but... These genes [b]really[/b] needed to go through some quality control before being released. I know that you guys need to push out new content to keep people engaged, and I appreciate your hard work, but you [i]also[/i] need to start catching up on some of these errors before they snowball much more. :( I’m sure that most users would be happy to wait a little bit between gene releases if it meant that old genes would be fixed and new ones would be released error-free (or mostly error-free)! I don’t want to see FR run itself into the ground from too many unfixed errors (and other unresolved issues that people still have, like captchas and the eye fiasco). I’ve seen the exact same thing kill other sites, and I’d hate for FR to die that way as well. Please, don’t feel so pressured to release new content as often as possible at the expense of quality and user satisfaction. :c I’m sure that most of us would be okay with waiting if it meant that the updates we [i]do[/i] get are polished and well-planned! [/quote] There are even still errors with old genes like piebald and paint on guardians. I agree that I love the new genes but it would be nice if old errors were fixed first. I'm totally happy waiting for new content if bugs and errors are fixed. :) [/quote] I'm going to echo what's already been said here. I enjoy this site, but the art/creative direction should be catching these issues before things go live. There are SO many errors I can't even list them all, and the line work of the pattern itself looks like a first draft to me. New content is definitely important to keep interest in the game up, but new content which is unfinished is worse than delayed content.
PurpleTartan wrote on 2018-10-24 05:17:50:

There are even still errors with old genes like piebald and paint on guardians. I agree that I love the new genes but it would be nice if old errors were fixed first. I'm totally happy waiting for new content if bugs and errors are fixed. :)

I'm going to echo what's already been said here. I enjoy this site, but the art/creative direction should be catching these issues before things go live. There are SO many errors I can't even list them all, and the line work of the pattern itself looks like a first draft to me.

New content is definitely important to keep interest in the game up, but new content which is unfinished is worse than delayed content.
S0DOppf.pngbicatcher.png
so cool!!!!
so cool!!!!
5OZS7SI.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
lAvpyOQ.png
753hxVX.png
DM for 6OezIjj.png
Finally having procured one - I'm absolutely floored by the color combinations this gene produces. It's amazing. I'm so happy this is a thing that exists. It looks incredibly good on so many of my dragons, and it's a pity I've already fully gened them.

Seriously, obsidian gets red. !!!
Finally having procured one - I'm absolutely floored by the color combinations this gene produces. It's amazing. I'm so happy this is a thing that exists. It looks incredibly good on so many of my dragons, and it's a pity I've already fully gened them.

Seriously, obsidian gets red. !!!
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
That's so cool
That's so cool
plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-10-23 18:20:41" ] [quote name="Natakiro" date="2018-10-22 23:37:37" ] After trying out the genes on some dragons, all I gotta say is boy are there a lot of errors this time around :/ And they won't get fixed, either, if the "repair history" is anything to go by. How many errors are still kicking around since the automation of the colorwheel update? I'd honestly rather get color/gene corrections over new content. Fix the current stuff before piling on more with errors that won't get tended to. Not trying to sound harsh or negative, I just wish that all the cool stuff you guys put out would actually come out either more finished or at least get to fixing the big backlog of reported issues. Quality over quantity! [/quote] I started out thinking that these new genes looked great, and I mean... they [i]do[/i], it’s an awesome concept, but there are a huge number of art errors with both of them! D: It’s not just one or two breeds/genders here and there, either; there’s at least one mistake on just about every breed, gender, and age on the site. Nearly [b]every[/b] breed has something miscoloured or uncoloured (claws, horns, inner ears, SD jewels/antennae, etc.), male Coatls are missing their butt wing patterns with Noxtide, Tundras may or may not be missing parts as well (still haven’t gotten answers to that), and some dragons are missing random spots of their markings. People have been reporting these mistakes in the appropriate Gene/Art Errors sticky, but... These genes [b]really[/b] needed to go through some quality control before being released. I know that you guys need to push out new content to keep people engaged, and I appreciate your hard work, but you [i]also[/i] need to start catching up on some of these errors before they snowball much more. :( I’m sure that most users would be happy to wait a little bit between gene releases if it meant that old genes would be fixed and new ones would be released error-free (or mostly error-free)! I don’t want to see FR run itself into the ground from too many unfixed errors (and other unresolved issues that people still have, like captchas and the eye fiasco). I’ve seen the exact same thing kill other sites, and I’d hate for FR to die that way as well. Please, don’t feel so pressured to release new content as often as possible at the expense of quality and user satisfaction. :c I’m sure that most of us would be okay with waiting if it meant that the updates we [i]do[/i] get are polished and well-planned! [/quote] I very much so agree with this statement. Also the lack of response as far as addressing issues is annoying. The issue of the common eye color being changed still hasn't been addressed as far as either an answer of stop asking we're not changing it or we're working on a way to let you switch it back. Are the genes with errors being worked on? Is there some kind of update we can have on this stuff to know we aren't being completely ignored? It would just be nice...

I very much so agree with this statement. Also the lack of response as far as addressing issues is annoying. The issue of the common eye color being changed still hasn't been addressed as far as either an answer of stop asking we're not changing it or we're working on a way to let you switch it back. Are the genes with errors being worked on? Is there some kind of update we can have on this stuff to know we aren't being completely ignored? It would just be nice...
knhLXgs.png
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85