Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Festival 2018
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55
@Lostdaydreams I get your point about consistency. But what annoys me a lot is when a (bad) decision was made once that it gets executed till the end no matter what. I think that does more harm than changing what you did or said before. I guess my wish for flexibility is the opposite of your wish for consistency.

I think this approach is supported by your example as well. When they realized that the mask idea was only half thought out and couldn't be executed the way they had intended it they still stuck with it as much as they could. But at that point being 100% consistent wasn't an option anymore. They had two options: Either abandon the concept half way through and come up with something more fitting. But that would have meant no cohesive familiar concept for the entire festival. Or stick with the mask theme and only have the familiars resemble the deities in a more abstract way. Which is the kind of inconsistency that you criticized I guess. But that was as consistent as they could be within the mask theme. I'm for one actually like most of the mask familiars and am glad they kept it as consistent as they could in this particular case (just my personal taste) but I still believe it's better to change the concept halfway through to achieve good yet inconsistent results than it is to stick with a concept just for the sake of being consistent and having bad-mediocre results that are consistent.

But again, this seems like a pure matter of taste and there seems to be no right or wrong approach to this.

I also believe that the two halos we had before the festival was too little to predicts how all future halos will look. Especially since the light halo had strong characteristic of both themes. The light halo looks like an interesting pattern of a lit lamp to me for example and so I would have no issues whatsoever counting it as an element-type as it would still be actual light to me.
@Lostdaydreams I get your point about consistency. But what annoys me a lot is when a (bad) decision was made once that it gets executed till the end no matter what. I think that does more harm than changing what you did or said before. I guess my wish for flexibility is the opposite of your wish for consistency.

I think this approach is supported by your example as well. When they realized that the mask idea was only half thought out and couldn't be executed the way they had intended it they still stuck with it as much as they could. But at that point being 100% consistent wasn't an option anymore. They had two options: Either abandon the concept half way through and come up with something more fitting. But that would have meant no cohesive familiar concept for the entire festival. Or stick with the mask theme and only have the familiars resemble the deities in a more abstract way. Which is the kind of inconsistency that you criticized I guess. But that was as consistent as they could be within the mask theme. I'm for one actually like most of the mask familiars and am glad they kept it as consistent as they could in this particular case (just my personal taste) but I still believe it's better to change the concept halfway through to achieve good yet inconsistent results than it is to stick with a concept just for the sake of being consistent and having bad-mediocre results that are consistent.

But again, this seems like a pure matter of taste and there seems to be no right or wrong approach to this.

I also believe that the two halos we had before the festival was too little to predicts how all future halos will look. Especially since the light halo had strong characteristic of both themes. The light halo looks like an interesting pattern of a lit lamp to me for example and so I would have no issues whatsoever counting it as an element-type as it would still be actual light to me.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
[quote name="Skello" date="2018-08-29 03:12:25" ] Has anyone gotten a chest or am I just unlucky? I’ve gotten maybe 80 flame currency and no chests this entire time. Just trying to figure out if I’m unlucky. I know my friend is in the same boat so I figure we’re just unlucky and not getting much from digging despite being lv19 and lv27 respectively. [/quote] I have gotten a chest while digging in fire territory. I've only gotten two so far. A rusted treasure chest and another special chest that had a skin in it... I know it is possible to get chests, but why you aren't getting any, I don't know...
Skello wrote on 2018-08-29 03:12:25:
Has anyone gotten a chest or am I just unlucky? I’ve gotten maybe 80 flame currency and no chests this entire time. Just trying to figure out if I’m unlucky. I know my friend is in the same boat so I figure we’re just unlucky and not getting much from digging despite being lv19 and lv27 respectively.

I have gotten a chest while digging in fire territory. I've only gotten two so far. A rusted treasure chest and another special chest that had a skin in it...

I know it is possible to get chests, but why you aren't getting any, I don't know...
Yeah I occasionally get the rusty chest. I was mostly referring to the elemental chest. I know they bugged earlier this year and was looking to see if they had possibly bugged again. Doesn’t seem that way. Guess my rng is low enough I’m unlucky.
Yeah I occasionally get the rusty chest. I was mostly referring to the elemental chest. I know they bugged earlier this year and was looking to see if they had possibly bugged again. Doesn’t seem that way. Guess my rng is low enough I’m unlucky.
@Skello I haven't gotten any chests either so I'm not sure if it's a fluke or not
@Skello I haven't gotten any chests either so I'm not sure if it's a fluke or not
7zcCDc4.png
The halos have obvious erased areas and clipping on a lot of the breeds

But anyway happy flameforger’s
The halos have obvious erased areas and clipping on a lot of the breeds

But anyway happy flameforger’s
.......Finally realized I wasn't getting any clay or sand to use in Baldwins for the festival skins because neither item are from Fire flight.

I feel like this was a mistake? Because normally the items needed can be gathered in the flight whose festival it is so that you can still gather festival currency while you get the items. I hope this does not happen again, it is really frustrating.

And I also wish the fire halos looked more consistent with the light and lightning. I was collecting light and lightning as fast as I could but with how the fire ones look I have no real urge to grab them.
.......Finally realized I wasn't getting any clay or sand to use in Baldwins for the festival skins because neither item are from Fire flight.

I feel like this was a mistake? Because normally the items needed can be gathered in the flight whose festival it is so that you can still gather festival currency while you get the items. I hope this does not happen again, it is really frustrating.

And I also wish the fire halos looked more consistent with the light and lightning. I was collecting light and lightning as fast as I could but with how the fire ones look I have no real urge to grab them.
They/Them FR+2
[quote name="Skello" date="2018-08-29 06:10:50" ] Yeah I occasionally get the rusty chest. I was mostly referring to the elemental chest. I know they bugged earlier this year and was looking to see if they had possibly bugged again. Doesn’t seem that way. Guess my rng is low enough I’m unlucky. [/quote] Same. I haven't gotten any elemental chest from digging, only rusty chests as well. What sucks is that throughout the whole festival, I get either just ONE or NONE.
Skello wrote on 2018-08-29 06:10:50:

Same. I haven't gotten any elemental chest from digging, only rusty chests as well. What sucks is that throughout the whole festival, I get either just ONE or NONE.
Very nice <3
Very nice <3
~I need male dragon~
There's only one female skin :(
There's only one female skin :(
alo_chibi_shark.png ......
wip
@Sylipha as someone that plays similar games to FR and have something to compare them with, I came to the conclusion the creators of the game don't really plan ahead.

Similar games always have voting polls that also show examples and let the players speak out what they want to see most.Once the majority option is chosen they start working right away and have things done weeks maybe even months before the actual events depending on the complexity.

But in FR it kinda feels like they chose the concept early,but never actually design them until the festival is close, hence the reason things often don't work out as planed.

Personally to me it looked like they were going with a certain theme before for the halos(until now at least).
Light was meant to look angelic.
Lighting was meant to look runic.
And fire COULD had been tribal.
And here is an example I gave another player for my own element,nature could be celtic carvings(specifically the tree of life).
Plague could be almost demonic looking(because they are consider the more "evil" ones lore wise),shadow could be gotic(since its the other side of the same coin with light,make them elegant but in a darker manner),earth could be maya(since everything they made was stone based) etc.
There are plenty ideas to work this theme as long as you put your imagination into it, and willing to do a bit of research to have something you can reference from.
But after this event I will call it mask familiars 2.0, knowing they will just do the style,in a radom way depending on their own convenience per element.I guess than will be exiting for people that like them more dinamic like you,and utterly annoying for people that like order like me.
@Sylipha as someone that plays similar games to FR and have something to compare them with, I came to the conclusion the creators of the game don't really plan ahead.

Similar games always have voting polls that also show examples and let the players speak out what they want to see most.Once the majority option is chosen they start working right away and have things done weeks maybe even months before the actual events depending on the complexity.

But in FR it kinda feels like they chose the concept early,but never actually design them until the festival is close, hence the reason things often don't work out as planed.

Personally to me it looked like they were going with a certain theme before for the halos(until now at least).
Light was meant to look angelic.
Lighting was meant to look runic.
And fire COULD had been tribal.
And here is an example I gave another player for my own element,nature could be celtic carvings(specifically the tree of life).
Plague could be almost demonic looking(because they are consider the more "evil" ones lore wise),shadow could be gotic(since its the other side of the same coin with light,make them elegant but in a darker manner),earth could be maya(since everything they made was stone based) etc.
There are plenty ideas to work this theme as long as you put your imagination into it, and willing to do a bit of research to have something you can reference from.
But after this event I will call it mask familiars 2.0, knowing they will just do the style,in a radom way depending on their own convenience per element.I guess than will be exiting for people that like them more dinamic like you,and utterly annoying for people that like order like me.
17.png37.png90.png

Wavecrest Saturnalia

y6tbxWr.pngIRzboi3.pngNC2ceIo.pngSDTXnpH.png
ze8wEB3.png

Code:
ze8wEB3.png

Mistral Jamboree

FdXgviZ.pngAeYnAM6.pngIRkrlkr.pngRCD2mOL.png
QBZFjBr.png

Code:
QBZFjBr.png

Trickmurk Circus

qqLBHcq.pngMdpDO8d.pngit6GpCF.png3e94Gpa.png
tzdYBHr.png

Code:
tzdYBHr.png

Crystalline Gala

nx63yDs.pngTpQIr0g.png3do1AjF.pngOTXJQ9a.png
fBZO2yk.png

Code:
fBZO2yk.png

Rockbreaker's Ceremony

XfOE65H.pngnLWLaef.pngTf27638.png4FDQFf5.png
22kVsPK.png

Code:
22kVsPK.png

Riot of Rot

APe9ksa.pngCPXPWom.pnghwpOz43.pngE27J5Sp.png
DVcXRyP.png

Code:
DVcXRyP.png

Starfall Celebration

by8xXGb.pnggKPKkO8.pngjr6wBiA.png4oO1RBo.png
TjcrwIq.png

Code:
TjcrwIq.png

Flameforger's Festival

RZwWAC0.pngK5ou5OR.pngwIsYlqw.png78U0Gge.png
fdN4PVq.png

Code:
fdN4PVq.png

Thundercrack Carnivale

4B2NHT5.png39TxZGF.pngm7MUqYd.pngYsjbxG8.png
DQLlbOg.png

Code:
DQLlbOg.png

Brightshine Jubilee

3Z9d4pU.pngLasirx9.pngAhWKxlz.pngA28Svy9.png
Az39OYD.png

Code:
Az39OYD.png

All the Festivals

You heard right. This image rotater randomly displays one of the exisiting signatures.
You'll see something new everytime you refresh. I'll try to keep this link up to date with new sets.

Lichtdrache.gif

Code:
Lichtdrache.gif

Others

0Eukkgx.pngcxbFZBI.pngD4jazTx.pngt2lHNjZ.pngZ1OhMta.pngHDlVg7g.png2HZAytX.pngJc6ZU5D.pngqAOaXBj.pngGek4MgE.pngeGd50yb.pngEmDXb3p.pngKptxMMR.pngM5Uxne4.pngIHku0SS.pngC373QQQ.pngiXiHpnr.pngsaTxNdL.pngQtezsCP.png

Commissions & Requests

Commissions - CLOSED
Since some of you asked for it: I'll draw a single familiar/creature/Pokémon/etc.
Please keep in mind that the festival familiars will most likely arrive for their festivals. Let me know whether you want your commissioned adoptable to be free to use for everyone or not.

Requests - CLOSED
You can always make free suggestions if you want me to draw specific familiars for everyone to use. If there's enough interest and i have some spare time, i might add them as well!

Special Thanks

You can thank these amazing people for sponsoring adoptables or donating money. Thanks to them I can do what I love!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frenkle
thatjubi
Marceline
NanamiChiaki
Kurayami
ViewtifulJen
Kattata
adorableAxolotl
CatkinStarchild
Texere
oooooooooooo Shakshun
SilverLanayru
ErwilMinsa
Druddigon8
Yara
Lyra531
EclipseStar
ClearLakes44
Reckless
OtterQueen

Pinglist

-0rangedragon -Kaitorubel -Nulume -Juri01 -Chiliphantump122 -Dreamcoyote -PoisonedTea -TheEmptyCity -SimFeetUnder -CrystalBones -Zenium -Reckless -RedlaSunShowers -AeonsMusings -Celine -genmoi -ScarletWolfsong -snickers629 -Anarthyan -Atzien -miirshroom -pooses -Gibby -Maegelcarwen -Kapara -rooty -Stormdragon -Vanitas -ClearLakes44 -Kissie -Nympharia -Luca20 -Yara -OpalDreams -nemodave -CatsAndMaths -Kiryn -Kpribbit -Perrydotto -BobEvans -Splatoon -Aiden -Maddiebird -rantothedevil -bcrush -kriski -Dest -BianchaJo -Autopsy -CircusCuties -Wolvenrose -SoulLugia11 -Crisp -Tigenki -FoolishRay -icecreamdude26 -Gardenie -ShiroiYoukai -Fellefan -ThornOfStorm130 -WeyrLeader -lovesnivy -PhoebeBird -KCDragons -Marceline -Cyrsei -Poppystar -Hyperbole -Xotis -ToothyApocalypse -absolmon -NicoleEirin -heartcrusher1 -WickedHorror -SilverLanayru -OpalSplash514 -StellarWing -Maximum4 -Syncogon -Dreamcoyote -Mriikel -GhostFromTheMoon -GrumpyCatlover -LucarioLand -Parda -Vistron -SoullessRogue -Ethras -Valthan -Tacodoodle -WolfSong -Decarnard -IcyNinetales -Zephyr23 -Minimum -Meda -lackingsanity -Suttungr -Sevenink -xXDarkeXx -Yanisha -Effervessa -Kibble -Yolindanne -Doggo -IamPainIamGod -ClawOfLife -koolkabe -jazzyjaz -Minxwolfie -TheTigersDen -Niya -Trippfaerie -somnomania -Airys -TheMathematician -MawkishMuse -ElecSquirrel10 -Alcina -AlexBleurose -Pasteluma -vulstal -joy1joy1 -MLSmith995 -Ookamiotoko -Animequeen -PositiveDragon -VodkaGhosts -sarcastickitten -freshpeachez -Anacapri -timetot -KyaruTheWriter -Evolution2 -Aquastargirl123 -kipinae -bellzan -sunsetfire -NanamiChiaki -Kattata -Broderick -DiamondNoodles -Arrakis -Exaltier -LittleRogue -Quinnigan -ShouLyon -Nydra -Vulqostrun -raiikyuu -Aquacoral -LilCipherz -Harbinger -NerdyBirdieLove -Pieeee -Thestoneofdoom -Lundlaeva -Lolschen -Cryptozoolo -kriskrossness -Starrlight -SimplePianist -rene92 -zzzhorses -CosmicSummer -Carnimirie -TalonOcharria -Myrrien -Forestglade -Icefire55 -Starmax -LeMuffinMaster -RoseyVaporeon -MissFortune17 -Ririterasu -Elysianibata -Beezadrella -Ellapinky -Rosie -Ellapinky -Jetfeather -Onikuma -WillowtheWisp -Geist

Last edited on Jun 21, 2017 11:17:05 by Lichtdrache
uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55