Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
@Mercenary

That solution would certainly limit the number of cases of onsite harassment and solicitizing, but it does not limit the amount of attention and potential targeting that can happen offsite (and there was some).

I was suprised at the number of people who spammed and badgered the triple cyan owner this time, but there is a lot of potential for not-so-kind people to voice their aggression offsite. Unfortunately, the staff do not crack down on that at all, and it can lead to serious consequences for members who are attacked. People are able to get away with much more serious infractions offsite.
@Mercenary

That solution would certainly limit the number of cases of onsite harassment and solicitizing, but it does not limit the amount of attention and potential targeting that can happen offsite (and there was some).

I was suprised at the number of people who spammed and badgered the triple cyan owner this time, but there is a lot of potential for not-so-kind people to voice their aggression offsite. Unfortunately, the staff do not crack down on that at all, and it can lead to serious consequences for members who are attacked. People are able to get away with much more serious infractions offsite.
YAzXKmc.gif
Thanks Roundsey For My Life (And For The Dragon)

I see a lot of talk about harassing the winners and just want to say I didn't mind the comments I got congratulating me. I was super excited and other people were excited for me. No harm there, for me, at least.

Some people actually yelled at others for 'harassing' me... Sad. I get they don't want me bombarded with messages/don't want to overwhelm me but it's just eh to speak over me on something that was supposed to be exciting to essentially tell everyone to shut up.

There were some people who were nice about it ('lets try not to bombard them!') it's the people who were like actually all caps yelling at people. Not about that life at all
Thanks Roundsey For My Life (And For The Dragon)

I see a lot of talk about harassing the winners and just want to say I didn't mind the comments I got congratulating me. I was super excited and other people were excited for me. No harm there, for me, at least.

Some people actually yelled at others for 'harassing' me... Sad. I get they don't want me bombarded with messages/don't want to overwhelm me but it's just eh to speak over me on something that was supposed to be exciting to essentially tell everyone to shut up.

There were some people who were nice about it ('lets try not to bombard them!') it's the people who were like actually all caps yelling at people. Not about that life at all
P1hD8rM.pngtumblr_ong8rlPuf31rx0b4wo1_100.pngEZkTzMm.png
Lion | 24 | He/Him
Very interesting
Very interesting
She/Her
Lover of WangXian and HuaLian
I wonder if the name of the skycat donor would be published?
I wonder if the name of the skycat donor would be published?
cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
I wonder who donated the Skycat?

oh my that's also the post above
I wonder who donated the Skycat?

oh my that's also the post above
I think the community would really appreciate a note about who donated the skycat, or something that would give validity to it's donation even if the donor is not named. Otherwise there is no way of knowing whether the skycat was really donated or created.
Any claims the staff makes about what is introduced into this raffle need to be backed up, and a simple note would do that.
I think the community would really appreciate a note about who donated the skycat, or something that would give validity to it's donation even if the donor is not named. Otherwise there is no way of knowing whether the skycat was really donated or created.
Any claims the staff makes about what is introduced into this raffle need to be backed up, and a simple note would do that.
YAzXKmc.gif
@Larrea
That's also dependent on if the person who donated wants to remain anonymous or not. There's a very real probability that a great many people will start messaging them to either thank them for their generosity, ask them why they donated it, or otherwise ask/pressure them into selling/giving away any other KS items they may have.

While the former two aren't bad in small doses, when it becomes hundreds of people all at once it can become overwhelming (look no further then what happened to the winner of the first week's dragon to see that. 300+ profile comments- and that was just the profile comments). And the third possibility they want to avoid all together. So I'd say it's not just up to the staff in this instance.
@Larrea
That's also dependent on if the person who donated wants to remain anonymous or not. There's a very real probability that a great many people will start messaging them to either thank them for their generosity, ask them why they donated it, or otherwise ask/pressure them into selling/giving away any other KS items they may have.

While the former two aren't bad in small doses, when it becomes hundreds of people all at once it can become overwhelming (look no further then what happened to the winner of the first week's dragon to see that. 300+ profile comments- and that was just the profile comments). And the third possibility they want to avoid all together. So I'd say it's not just up to the staff in this instance.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
@Medenadragon

You have a very important point to make that I forgot to include in my post. I too would be worried about what would happen to donors if names were released, and I know spamming is probably a given. People who have given away KS items in the past have indeed been harassed, as well as those who have recieved those gifts.

We've already seem the problems it has caused to allow the winners of dragons in the raffle, and how they can be spammed and in some cases harassed. That is not something I want to see any more in Roundsey, but unfortunately those dragons aren't being hidden from the search registry.

Nevertheless, there is still the possiblity that KS items are being generated, and that the staff could be saying the opposite of what they are actually doing. I'm not a KS backer but even so that possibility leaves me concerned. Unlike other retired items there are strong, legal reasons for why KS items should not be put back into circulation.

A tally of the number of KS items in circulation, or the number of KS backers for certain packs, would certainly be more useful to ensure the items are not being generated. However, any data that is provided also risks fabrication from whoever collects/publishes it.

It's a dilemma with no simple solution, unfortunately.
@Medenadragon

You have a very important point to make that I forgot to include in my post. I too would be worried about what would happen to donors if names were released, and I know spamming is probably a given. People who have given away KS items in the past have indeed been harassed, as well as those who have recieved those gifts.

We've already seem the problems it has caused to allow the winners of dragons in the raffle, and how they can be spammed and in some cases harassed. That is not something I want to see any more in Roundsey, but unfortunately those dragons aren't being hidden from the search registry.

Nevertheless, there is still the possiblity that KS items are being generated, and that the staff could be saying the opposite of what they are actually doing. I'm not a KS backer but even so that possibility leaves me concerned. Unlike other retired items there are strong, legal reasons for why KS items should not be put back into circulation.

A tally of the number of KS items in circulation, or the number of KS backers for certain packs, would certainly be more useful to ensure the items are not being generated. However, any data that is provided also risks fabrication from whoever collects/publishes it.

It's a dilemma with no simple solution, unfortunately.
YAzXKmc.gif
I trust the staff 100% with their own game. I don't require any proof of donation. I think the community feels the same.
I trust the staff 100% with their own game. I don't require any proof of donation. I think the community feels the same.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[quote name="ValidEmotions" date="2018-09-13 14:18:11" ] I trust the staff 100% with their own game. I don't require any proof of donation. I think the community feels the same. [/quote] While I don't know if the community feels the same, I really don't see why they would single KS items out specifically and exclude imp scrolls if they were just generating the KS items. It think, if they were doing this, they would have just said ALL retired items are donated from staff/friends of staff/banned accounts, as no one would ever know. That would have saved a ton of uproar about retired items, and they could go on without people really being upset (some would be, yes, but I think mostof the complaints would have gone away if players thought the items came from accounts and just weren't generated randomly) Shoot, if people are that paranoid about the staff just generating the item, how on Sornieth would knowing a name help? For one it would just out a 'friend of the staff' or staff's personal account, and it doesn't mean the item came from there. It just means they say it does.
ValidEmotions wrote on 2018-09-13 14:18:11:
While I don't know if the community feels the same, I really don't see why they would single KS items out specifically and exclude imp scrolls if they were just generating the KS items.

It think, if they were doing this, they would have just said ALL retired items are donated from staff/friends of staff/banned accounts, as no one would ever know. That would have saved a ton of uproar about retired items, and they could go on without people really being upset (some would be, yes, but I think mostof the complaints would have gone away if players thought the items came from accounts and just weren't generated randomly)

Shoot, if people are that paranoid about the staff just generating the item, how on Sornieth would knowing a name help? For one it would just out a 'friend of the staff' or staff's personal account, and it doesn't mean the item came from there. It just means they say it does.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110