Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
@hungryhobbits Many have brought up the concern about Ticket Caps encouraging the creation of multi-accounts. Similarly, many people who have millions in FR currency have attested that "at that point, I should just buy from the AH what it is I'm wanting, instead of dumping it all into the raffle; better guarantees."

So, really, those participating in the raffle are players who can't buy "a billion" tickets to begin with. Maybe a couple hundred, but not much more. Last week, the counter hit over 2 million tickets sold. This week, there's less than 700k. Already, percentage of chances are better than the week prior for everyone entered.
@hungryhobbits Many have brought up the concern about Ticket Caps encouraging the creation of multi-accounts. Similarly, many people who have millions in FR currency have attested that "at that point, I should just buy from the AH what it is I'm wanting, instead of dumping it all into the raffle; better guarantees."

So, really, those participating in the raffle are players who can't buy "a billion" tickets to begin with. Maybe a couple hundred, but not much more. Last week, the counter hit over 2 million tickets sold. This week, there's less than 700k. Already, percentage of chances are better than the week prior for everyone entered.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
@ValidEmotions
The people that participate in the raffle MOSTLY buy just one or a few hundreds.
There are always users who purchase an insane amount like 30.000 tickets.
Don't be fooled.
I too think there should be a ticlet cap.
And most people agree.
Your chances of winning are very much decreased when MULTIPLE people purchase that many tickets.
@ValidEmotions
The people that participate in the raffle MOSTLY buy just one or a few hundreds.
There are always users who purchase an insane amount like 30.000 tickets.
Don't be fooled.
I too think there should be a ticlet cap.
And most people agree.
Your chances of winning are very much decreased when MULTIPLE people purchase that many tickets.
uQGht2s.png
(In response to the triple antique) I'm making an appeal to stop creating G1 triples for the raffle after seeing what happened to the person who won the triple cyan.
I love the idea of custom designed G1's with an occasional high value dragon, and many people will still willingly sink treasure to get dragons like that. But this has gone too far in selectively generating the highest value dragons.

It has already lead to a serious list of problems, namely a significant lack of regard for privacy, harrassment, spamming, and soliciting over the PM's and userpage comments for whoever wins them. There have also been threads started by people who want to taunt the community by exalting them publically, and that is causing conflict within the community between members.

Not mentioning the winning user is not enough. I thought the raffling of triples was going to stop after the triple cyan, but apparently the staff is more than willing to perpetuate these problems and ignore them.

It is under my opinion that over time the creation of these valuables is going to cause widespread damage to the community if it keeps up.
(In response to the triple antique) I'm making an appeal to stop creating G1 triples for the raffle after seeing what happened to the person who won the triple cyan.
I love the idea of custom designed G1's with an occasional high value dragon, and many people will still willingly sink treasure to get dragons like that. But this has gone too far in selectively generating the highest value dragons.

It has already lead to a serious list of problems, namely a significant lack of regard for privacy, harrassment, spamming, and soliciting over the PM's and userpage comments for whoever wins them. There have also been threads started by people who want to taunt the community by exalting them publically, and that is causing conflict within the community between members.

Not mentioning the winning user is not enough. I thought the raffling of triples was going to stop after the triple cyan, but apparently the staff is more than willing to perpetuate these problems and ignore them.

It is under my opinion that over time the creation of these valuables is going to cause widespread damage to the community if it keeps up.
YAzXKmc.gif
ok so 10 shadow sprites now,,
something tells me the light sprite raffle if we have one is going to be disastrous,
ok so 10 shadow sprites now,,
something tells me the light sprite raffle if we have one is going to be disastrous,
mlHpBMC.png
[Projects]
[Fandragon Directory]
perpetually funding my nightmarish fandragon addiction
(lower picks always appreciated!)
liepard.gif
After having this update out for a while, it feels really, really unfair knowing there isn't a ticket limit or cap to how many you are able to buy. Knowing people can buy insane amounts of tickets compared to others who are unable to, feels unfair and quite frankly puts me off from using FR as a whole. I was shocked it didn't have a limit when it first got released, and I still don't understand why it doesn't, considering this is broken as hell in the hands of someone with lots and lots of excess treasure laying around.
After having this update out for a while, it feels really, really unfair knowing there isn't a ticket limit or cap to how many you are able to buy. Knowing people can buy insane amounts of tickets compared to others who are unable to, feels unfair and quite frankly puts me off from using FR as a whole. I was shocked it didn't have a limit when it first got released, and I still don't understand why it doesn't, considering this is broken as hell in the hands of someone with lots and lots of excess treasure laying around.
JACKAL
it/he/any + 22 + infj, 4w5
YOSYGaI.png
As long as the dragons are not able to be sold, they shouldn't hold any value to the economy, regardless of them being Special Triple Color G1s with premade Gene plans and such. The real issue does come with the harassment, people are unable to leave well enough alone and start harassing other people, even saying "Congrats!" to them directly can be an issue when 50 people all do it at once.

As for the sprites, I wholeheartedly endorse this sort of stuff. Since it's really the only way to bring these items back into circulation while keeping their "value".
As long as the dragons are not able to be sold, they shouldn't hold any value to the economy, regardless of them being Special Triple Color G1s with premade Gene plans and such. The real issue does come with the harassment, people are unable to leave well enough alone and start harassing other people, even saying "Congrats!" to them directly can be an issue when 50 people all do it at once.

As for the sprites, I wholeheartedly endorse this sort of stuff. Since it's really the only way to bring these items back into circulation while keeping their "value".
@Fukase
The ticket cap has been mentioned probably close to a hundred times now, let me explain why that's a really bad idea.
Roundsey is not meant to be fair, she's meant to be a massive treasure sink where people can throw all their excess treasure down the void, it's meant to target the richer players and get them to spend (but the super rich will just buy the items of the AH, they wont worry themselves with this). Less overall treasure in the economy means every individual treasure is worth more.

Currently treasure to gem ratio is at about 850t-1000t:1g, for easier math's sake lets go with 1,000 treasure equals 1 gem. If you wanted to buy a primary gem gene for treasure atm, you would need to save up around 1,500,000 treasure. Now, say a bunch of gold gets removed from the economy via treasure sinks like Roundsey, eventually we might see the treasure:gem ratio drop to 500T:1G, that means that primary gem gene would now cost around 750,000T instead of 1.5M. Still a lot, but its also a lot more doable.

We want people to throw away as much gold as possible, hence the amazing prizes and lack of a limit. The lack of a ticket cap should theoretically benefit everyone in the long run, whereas imposing a ticket cap would only benefit those who win. You also might run into the problem that, should a cap be created, the amount spent might not outstrip the overall cost of the prizes, which it definitely needs too in order to be an effective treasure sink.

That being said, buying bucketloads of tickets doesn't mean you'll win something good either. Someone put in tens of thousands of tickets the first week trying for the dragon, and came out with only a starmap. With the money they spent, they could have bought around 10 starmaps. And iirc, they didn't need or even want the gene, so it was a double loss for them. That versus the winner of the first week's dragon, which only put in 200 tickets, a tiny amount comparatively. I believe I also heard at least one person winning a speedy prize after only buying 20 tickets. So yeah, no support for any sort of a cap, unless we get a few months in and the actual numerical data says that the super rich who are pumping in a bunch of tickets are winning by landslides. Until we get consistent and reliable data (which will take a few months at least), its not worth stressing over. It's too new to make judgement calls on whether or not its actually skewed.
@Fukase
The ticket cap has been mentioned probably close to a hundred times now, let me explain why that's a really bad idea.
Roundsey is not meant to be fair, she's meant to be a massive treasure sink where people can throw all their excess treasure down the void, it's meant to target the richer players and get them to spend (but the super rich will just buy the items of the AH, they wont worry themselves with this). Less overall treasure in the economy means every individual treasure is worth more.

Currently treasure to gem ratio is at about 850t-1000t:1g, for easier math's sake lets go with 1,000 treasure equals 1 gem. If you wanted to buy a primary gem gene for treasure atm, you would need to save up around 1,500,000 treasure. Now, say a bunch of gold gets removed from the economy via treasure sinks like Roundsey, eventually we might see the treasure:gem ratio drop to 500T:1G, that means that primary gem gene would now cost around 750,000T instead of 1.5M. Still a lot, but its also a lot more doable.

We want people to throw away as much gold as possible, hence the amazing prizes and lack of a limit. The lack of a ticket cap should theoretically benefit everyone in the long run, whereas imposing a ticket cap would only benefit those who win. You also might run into the problem that, should a cap be created, the amount spent might not outstrip the overall cost of the prizes, which it definitely needs too in order to be an effective treasure sink.

That being said, buying bucketloads of tickets doesn't mean you'll win something good either. Someone put in tens of thousands of tickets the first week trying for the dragon, and came out with only a starmap. With the money they spent, they could have bought around 10 starmaps. And iirc, they didn't need or even want the gene, so it was a double loss for them. That versus the winner of the first week's dragon, which only put in 200 tickets, a tiny amount comparatively. I believe I also heard at least one person winning a speedy prize after only buying 20 tickets. So yeah, no support for any sort of a cap, unless we get a few months in and the actual numerical data says that the super rich who are pumping in a bunch of tickets are winning by landslides. Until we get consistent and reliable data (which will take a few months at least), its not worth stressing over. It's too new to make judgement calls on whether or not its actually skewed.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Edit: ninja'd

@Fukase

I'm not sure it's "broken as **** in the hands of" someone with tons of treasure. I'm very sure it doesn't need a ticket cap.

Why?

Because if someone with a lot of in-game currency does decide to spend it all on tickets, the treasure disappears. Gone. They're no longer sitting on massive piles of it, they still might not win anything, and that massive pile of treasure won't be there next week for them to buy tickets with.

Because a number of people who won prizes in the first week (including the dragon) indicated that they bought 200 or fewer tickets. That much money can be gained in game by playing in the fairgrounds for 15-20 minutes a day (edit: my poor phrasing, a "day per week", not "a day"), let alone how quickly it can be gained by selling art, writing or design skills, or any of the options involving the coliseum. It is not necessary to sink buckets of money in to win. The only thing sinking buckets of money into it guarantees is less money.

And because raffles are inherently unfair. This is not an aspect of the game that is designed to be fair. It is designed to help counterbalance the sheer quantity of in-game currency that enters play every single day.
Edit: ninja'd

@Fukase

I'm not sure it's "broken as **** in the hands of" someone with tons of treasure. I'm very sure it doesn't need a ticket cap.

Why?

Because if someone with a lot of in-game currency does decide to spend it all on tickets, the treasure disappears. Gone. They're no longer sitting on massive piles of it, they still might not win anything, and that massive pile of treasure won't be there next week for them to buy tickets with.

Because a number of people who won prizes in the first week (including the dragon) indicated that they bought 200 or fewer tickets. That much money can be gained in game by playing in the fairgrounds for 15-20 minutes a day (edit: my poor phrasing, a "day per week", not "a day"), let alone how quickly it can be gained by selling art, writing or design skills, or any of the options involving the coliseum. It is not necessary to sink buckets of money in to win. The only thing sinking buckets of money into it guarantees is less money.

And because raffles are inherently unfair. This is not an aspect of the game that is designed to be fair. It is designed to help counterbalance the sheer quantity of in-game currency that enters play every single day.

Available at cost to Plague flight members.
@NineTails13

Unfortunately they can be sold.
@NineTails13

Unfortunately they can be sold.
YAzXKmc.gif
@Chiad @Medenadragon Hello, I have constructed a response to you both but my browser froze and I had to restart it, losing my progress and ability to submit. My current response won't be as detailed, because due to my autism I have already lost a lot of my spoons and am very drained today, I hope you understand. It gave me a double take seeing your examples and reasoning for this to be functioning like a treasure sink, letting the economy of auction houses and prices of items go down and a little more reachable for players with not a lot of treasure. I see why you won't enjoy a ticket cap. Next -- [quote]buying bucketloads of tickets doesn't mean you'll win something good either.[/quote] -- if the ticket number does not directly support the greater chance of winning a better or more valuable prize, then why exactly can you buy more than 1 ticket? What would be the point of players with lots of treasure attempting to buy more tickets if it would be known there is no correlation to winning with the more tickets you have? Won't that make them buy less tickets in total? Of course it might have been a really, REALLY unlucky coincidence for the player who bought "tens of thousands of tickets" for them to receive a starmap, or is there another algorithm for picking winners? Because no matter how you look at it in raffles, the more tickets you have on your name the greater chance of winning something valuable you are. If I am wrong on this topic feel free to correct me. I do suppose we will have to wait until months later to see if the staff will give us any sort of data on this trading post, to make any concrete judgment for the update. Also, [i]please[/i] tell me how you managed to hit the max fairgrounds treasure cap in 15/20 minutes, I barely manage to do it under 2 hours on artifracture..
@Chiad @Medenadragon

Hello, I have constructed a response to you both but my browser froze and I had to restart it, losing my progress and ability to submit. My current response won't be as detailed, because due to my autism I have already lost a lot of my spoons and am very drained today, I hope you understand.

It gave me a double take seeing your examples and reasoning for this to be functioning like a treasure sink, letting the economy of auction houses and prices of items go down and a little more reachable for players with not a lot of treasure. I see why you won't enjoy a ticket cap.

Next --
Quote:
buying bucketloads of tickets doesn't mean you'll win something good either.
-- if the ticket number does not directly support the greater chance of winning a better or more valuable prize, then why exactly can you buy more than 1 ticket? What would be the point of players with lots of treasure attempting to buy more tickets if it would be known there is no correlation to winning with the more tickets you have? Won't that make them buy less tickets in total?

Of course it might have been a really, REALLY unlucky coincidence for the player who bought "tens of thousands of tickets" for them to receive a starmap, or is there another algorithm for picking winners? Because no matter how you look at it in raffles, the more tickets you have on your name the greater chance of winning something valuable you are. If I am wrong on this topic feel free to correct me.

I do suppose we will have to wait until months later to see if the staff will give us any sort of data on this trading post, to make any concrete judgment for the update.

Also, please tell me how you managed to hit the max fairgrounds treasure cap in 15/20 minutes, I barely manage to do it under 2 hours on artifracture..
JACKAL
it/he/any + 22 + infj, 4w5
YOSYGaI.png
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110