Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
I just wanted to say, as a long time user who has pretty much all the familiars that are causing a lot of angst with this I am 1000% OK with them being available in the raffle. I deeply suspect that the prices long term won't be impacted by the raffle and that for some of these items it will be the *only* way they will be available in the economy in a few years.

I was never a big fan of collectibles being inevitably inaccessible in the first place - I really support how this was handled and think its a really clever idea - particularly since the number introduced into the economy can be controlled so precisely. (A meaningful gold sink is also something that's been needed on the site since its inception).
I just wanted to say, as a long time user who has pretty much all the familiars that are causing a lot of angst with this I am 1000% OK with them being available in the raffle. I deeply suspect that the prices long term won't be impacted by the raffle and that for some of these items it will be the *only* way they will be available in the economy in a few years.

I was never a big fan of collectibles being inevitably inaccessible in the first place - I really support how this was handled and think its a really clever idea - particularly since the number introduced into the economy can be controlled so precisely. (A meaningful gold sink is also something that's been needed on the site since its inception).
Has anyone confirmed or debunked the part where it seems like the prizes go to people in alphabetical order? Cause the first person on the list got the first prize - the dragon. Has anyone confirmed that the rest of the people got the rest of the prizes in order? If that does seem to be the case, that it's going by alphabetical order, we should list it under 'bugs and problems' because that is def not okay, that only people towards the beginning of the alphabet are the only ones who can get the rare prizes.
Has anyone confirmed or debunked the part where it seems like the prizes go to people in alphabetical order? Cause the first person on the list got the first prize - the dragon. Has anyone confirmed that the rest of the people got the rest of the prizes in order? If that does seem to be the case, that it's going by alphabetical order, we should list it under 'bugs and problems' because that is def not okay, that only people towards the beginning of the alphabet are the only ones who can get the rare prizes.
weeeeeeeee brain go spin
[quote name="LadyBeatrice" date="2018-08-30 19:42:05" ] Has anyone confirmed or debunked the part where it seems like the prizes go to people in alphabetical order? Cause the first person on the list got the first prize - the dragon. Has anyone confirmed that the rest of the people got the rest of the prizes in order? If that does seem to be the case, that it's going by alphabetical order, we should list it under 'bugs and problems' because that is def not okay, that only people towards the beginning of the alphabet are the only ones who can get the rare prizes. [/quote] Since there was 41 winners last week there is 2.5% chance that the person who received first place also had the earliest name in the alphabet of all winners. If the earliest name wins the dragon this week that would be significantly more worrying as this week is only 2% chance and the odds of both occur is very unlikely.
LadyBeatrice wrote on 2018-08-30 19:42:05:
Since there was 41 winners last week there is 2.5% chance that the person who received first place also had the earliest name in the alphabet of all winners. If the earliest name wins the dragon this week that would be significantly more worrying as this week is only 2% chance and the odds of both occur is very unlikely.
@LadyBeatrice

this thread http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2517020/1 has a few people posting what they got, some people with usernames that are near the end of the alphabetical list got Speedies. Names starting with S or T or R and someone with a username starting with B got gold mucks. So the first person listed getting the dragon was probably just coincidence.
@LadyBeatrice

this thread http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2517020/1 has a few people posting what they got, some people with usernames that are near the end of the alphabetical list got Speedies. Names starting with S or T or R and someone with a username starting with B got gold mucks. So the first person listed getting the dragon was probably just coincidence.
I am 2 hours ahead of FR.
tumblr_ob0n13DcYV1uhpgueo1_1280.png
I'm a little confused, I feel like when I first read about this, it was saying that everyone would win *something* but I didn't win anything last week despite buying tickets. Did I misunderstand?
I'm a little confused, I feel like when I first read about this, it was saying that everyone would win *something* but I didn't win anything last week despite buying tickets. Did I misunderstand?
Check out my You Pick & I Nest for a free dragon!
@foxBrigade No. Not everyone who enters will win but everyone who bought tickets has a chance to win, even if you've bought just one ticket. There is a number just above each prize in the raffle that tells you how many people will win such a prize. In this case, for this week, it's 1 person will win the Dragon, 5 people will win an Akirbeak, 15 people will win a Searing Armband, and 30 people will win a Stone Borer.

I hope that helps clarify?
@foxBrigade No. Not everyone who enters will win but everyone who bought tickets has a chance to win, even if you've bought just one ticket. There is a number just above each prize in the raffle that tells you how many people will win such a prize. In this case, for this week, it's 1 person will win the Dragon, 5 people will win an Akirbeak, 15 people will win a Searing Armband, and 30 people will win a Stone Borer.

I hope that helps clarify?
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
@ValidEmotions

Got it, thanks! I must have read that totally wrong, haha. Thanks for clarifying.
@ValidEmotions

Got it, thanks! I must have read that totally wrong, haha. Thanks for clarifying.
Check out my You Pick & I Nest for a free dragon!
[quote name="Alight" date="2018-08-30 09:22:11" ] @Xhastol @Aequorin I understand that the new buttons were implemented to keep things cohesive and easier to load, but I was wondering if there’s even a slight possibility that new Trading Post art might be introduced in the future? Perhaps along with/after the new Sornieth map art? Maybe? It’s just that, with the new buttons, that sense of immersion and ability to be drawn into your world are gone. More and more things on the site keep getting replaced by these near-identical buttons, and I’m guessing the Clan or Gathering page will be next. Having older site art that still retains that fun, flavourful character is so much better than getting rid of it altogether, especially in exchange for those dull, uninteresting buttons. And that’s not just my opinion; others share it too. It’s part of why we join the site in the first place, and it really is disheartening to see it stripped away. Next thing we know, the site banner at the top of the page is going to be replaced with one giant button (kidding!). It really does feel like the site lost some character when the Trading Post was replaced with buttons though. And, I do hope they’re just placeholders until the Trading Post we know and love can be brought back. Thanks for all your hard work and consideration. <3 [/quote] I wished we had a like button here^^ I am deeply feeling the same, I hate to see the trading post gone. I also do not understand why that had to happen, there was sure enough space for one more post.
Alight wrote on 2018-08-30 09:22:11:
@Xhastol @Aequorin

I understand that the new buttons were implemented to keep things cohesive and easier to load, but I was wondering if there’s even a slight possibility that new Trading Post art might be introduced in the future? Perhaps along with/after the new Sornieth map art? Maybe?

It’s just that, with the new buttons, that sense of immersion and ability to be drawn into your world are gone.
More and more things on the site keep getting replaced by these near-identical buttons, and I’m guessing the Clan or Gathering page will be next. Having older site art that still retains that fun, flavourful character is so much better than getting rid of it altogether, especially in exchange for those dull, uninteresting buttons. And that’s not just my opinion; others share it too. It’s part of why we join the site in the first place, and it really is disheartening to see it stripped away. Next thing we know, the site banner at the top of the page is going to be replaced with one giant button (kidding!).

It really does feel like the site lost some character when the Trading Post was replaced with buttons though. And, I do hope they’re just placeholders until the Trading Post we know and love can be brought back.

Thanks for all your hard work and consideration. <3

I wished we had a like button here^^ I am deeply feeling the same, I hate to see the trading post gone. I also do not understand why that had to happen, there was sure enough space for one more post.
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
Great!
Great!
maybe there should be an implemented cap on the number of tickets a person can buy? it doesnt seem very fair to buy like a billion tickets :///

also-- why are people complaining about the trading post being turned into buttons it looks so much cleaner now like is your immersion really that ruined because you cant look at that place now?? you're literally there for like 5 seconds while you click on what you need to >>
maybe there should be an implemented cap on the number of tickets a person can buy? it doesnt seem very fair to buy like a billion tickets :///

also-- why are people complaining about the trading post being turned into buttons it looks so much cleaner now like is your immersion really that ruined because you cant look at that place now?? you're literally there for like 5 seconds while you click on what you need to >>
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110