Announcements & News
The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 109 110
Who were the winners from the first raffle
Who were the winners from the first raffle
@Sinfonii
You can check the winners by going to Roundsey and clicking on the "last week's glorious winners" in her speech bubble. Just make sure not to pester anyone!
@Sinfonii
You can check the winners by going to Roundsey and clicking on the "last week's glorious winners" in her speech bubble. Just make sure not to pester anyone!
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!
Congratulations to the winners of Roundsey's first raffle! :D
Congratulations to the winners of Roundsey's first raffle! :D
ZVpCPil.png
So. I find myself frustrated.

I know it says the amounts are going to be finite, but the very first raffle had 5 Speedy's and now we have 5 Akirbeaks. A pretty significant step up in terms of cost.

The lowest prize last week was stacks of 10 Gold Muck. This week the lowest prize is THIRTY Stone Borers. THIRTY. To be fair, they're not retired, but they take MONTHS of farming to achieve and net around 10kg+/- after taking a couple MONTHS to sell. There are currently THREE in the AH right now. That's TEN TIMES the amount that are currently "available" up for grabs in this raffle. While I understand some people will keep them, if everyone put them up for sale looking to get some gems, that's going to affect the economy immediately.

And I still maintain my stand on retired items. Having joined just after the Sprites stopped being available, I worked my BUM off to get them all. And since then, things didn't retire that meant as much. Bears never retired, so those continue to mold in my hoard. And now this raffle is bringing retired items that will account for a less than one percent increase. Sure, perhaps there's a ton of them on dead accounts, but what should be looked at rather than percentage overall is percentage accessible, or available. Sure, maybe adding 5 Akirbeaks is less than 1% total, but the ones currently available are selling for around 13kg+/-, and that's pretty significant to just drop in.

I can't help but feel like the players who have played longer are just continually being kicked in the stomach and the things we worked for slowly being devalued for a sense of "fairness".

As this is literally the first day of the the second week it's ever run, the impact on the site has yet to be seen, it just... worries me. :/ So thank you for allowing me to vent my frustrations.
So. I find myself frustrated.

I know it says the amounts are going to be finite, but the very first raffle had 5 Speedy's and now we have 5 Akirbeaks. A pretty significant step up in terms of cost.

The lowest prize last week was stacks of 10 Gold Muck. This week the lowest prize is THIRTY Stone Borers. THIRTY. To be fair, they're not retired, but they take MONTHS of farming to achieve and net around 10kg+/- after taking a couple MONTHS to sell. There are currently THREE in the AH right now. That's TEN TIMES the amount that are currently "available" up for grabs in this raffle. While I understand some people will keep them, if everyone put them up for sale looking to get some gems, that's going to affect the economy immediately.

And I still maintain my stand on retired items. Having joined just after the Sprites stopped being available, I worked my BUM off to get them all. And since then, things didn't retire that meant as much. Bears never retired, so those continue to mold in my hoard. And now this raffle is bringing retired items that will account for a less than one percent increase. Sure, perhaps there's a ton of them on dead accounts, but what should be looked at rather than percentage overall is percentage accessible, or available. Sure, maybe adding 5 Akirbeaks is less than 1% total, but the ones currently available are selling for around 13kg+/-, and that's pretty significant to just drop in.

I can't help but feel like the players who have played longer are just continually being kicked in the stomach and the things we worked for slowly being devalued for a sense of "fairness".

As this is literally the first day of the the second week it's ever run, the impact on the site has yet to be seen, it just... worries me. :/ So thank you for allowing me to vent my frustrations.
[quote name="Miduana" date="2018-08-29 00:42:49" ] The list of the winners is in alphabetical order and the dragon went to the first one on the list. Is this for sure purely random? Or are the winners drawn randomly and the prices given in alphabetical order, making it unfair for people with names starting with anything else than A? Xhaztol [/quote] THIS. I logged into my account today and that was one of the first things I checked; it's really suspect and kinda super unfair to everyone outside of that username range, and I wasn't even putting tickets in for the dragon. My biggest question now is, if this wasn't random, how will it be decided for the raffles after this one? I'm hoping this doesn't turn into what the eye type thread turned into,, given that this wasn't as big of a change as the eyes were but is still going to affect the site.
Miduana wrote on 2018-08-29 00:42:49:
The list of the winners is in alphabetical order and the dragon went to the first one on the list. Is this for sure purely random? Or are the winners drawn randomly and the prices given in alphabetical order, making it unfair for people with names starting with anything else than A? Xhaztol
THIS. I logged into my account today and that was one of the first things I checked; it's really suspect and kinda super unfair to everyone outside of that username range, and I wasn't even putting tickets in for the dragon. My biggest question now is, if this wasn't random, how will it be decided for the raffles after this one?
I'm hoping this doesn't turn into what the eye type thread turned into,, given that this wasn't as big of a change as the eyes were but is still going to affect the site.
actually a zoroark with internet accesszoroark.gif
"where'd my money go?" i say as i buy more fandergs i dont need
@JovaniSkye Same... I bought my Stone Borer at 9mil because I was tired of grinding (same for the other think) To see 30 available for the price of ONE LUCKY raffle ticket is.... yeah.
Come on, even the one g1 dragon available is not even half the price of that familiar, yet there is one to these 30...

..also as for working bum off for sprites, ahah yeah the only things I gve up on were kickstarter gear and familiars which heyy will never be available even with lucky raffle tickets so lol.
@JovaniSkye Same... I bought my Stone Borer at 9mil because I was tired of grinding (same for the other think) To see 30 available for the price of ONE LUCKY raffle ticket is.... yeah.
Come on, even the one g1 dragon available is not even half the price of that familiar, yet there is one to these 30...

..also as for working bum off for sprites, ahah yeah the only things I gve up on were kickstarter gear and familiars which heyy will never be available even with lucky raffle tickets so lol.
Looking for
x0CMhAc.png tumblr_inline_nh7x7orwX81rbk7gv.png zyvrj7C.png
So question, do we get to see who the winners are?

Nevermind, I see your previous answer. :-)
So question, do we get to see who the winners are?

Nevermind, I see your previous answer. :-)
@ everyone "congratulating" the winners on their profiles/PMs, don't. Literally just leave them alone.
@ everyone "congratulating" the winners on their profiles/PMs, don't. Literally just leave them alone.
Welp.... that was fun. I'm not sinking 300k into a raffle again. In retrospect that was pretty foolish but those prizes :,D
Welp.... that was fun. I'm not sinking 300k into a raffle again. In retrospect that was pretty foolish but those prizes :,D
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png
Huh guess your right, it's alphabetical and the first person on the list won, so anyone with A has an advantage? What so anyone with a will have a high chance? Might as well just change everyone's names to "aaaaaaaaaa" ';-;
Huh guess your right, it's alphabetical and the first person on the list won, so anyone with A has an advantage? What so anyone with a will have a high chance? Might as well just change everyone's names to "aaaaaaaaaa" ';-;
LeaffeatherY WishlistFimNW.gifbE7Yr.gifMLwrr.gif6n7C7.gif
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 109 110