Announcements & News
The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Primary Gene: Starmap
1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
[quote name="Kurayami" date="2018-08-14 23:51:15" ] [quote name="themdamnedbones" date="2018-08-14 18:42:22" ] I legitimately despise that you guys keep releasing new genes almost every other day. Thanks, I'm sure I'll be able to sell hatchlings now. Thanks, I'm sure that people will be able to adjust their genepools. Thanks, I'm sure that it's not overpriced to the depths of the underworld and back. Ugh. At the very least, couldn't you guys release these things in batches all at once instead of one or two sub-par genes at a time? [/quote] @themdamnedbones Releasing the genes every other day? Last gene to be released was Firefly, that was in May and brought us a new way of obtaining genes - through Swipp. Two weeks earlier there was the release of Python and Morph (oh look, they released both genes together), being the first genes obtainable through the coliseum. Filigree in March. Ghost in February. Pinstripe and Trail (two genes released together, again!) in January. The only primary and secondary gene pairs that seem to get separated are the gem genes - for one simple reason: dropping 2,7kg on a pair of genes in one month is a lot, especially for smaller hatcheries and people who haven‘t been playing very long; so they decided to spread it out on two months. You can buy a ready to breed dragon or take one from your lair and give it said genes. You can even wait until Constellation has dropped for you to buy and gene the dragons and breed them immediately after Constellation drops. Even better, no one forces you to buy these genes at all. My hatchlings with older genes keep selling anyway, because I don‘t ask people to drop a fortune for them. I only have three, maybe four pairs where I can set the price very high but the rest of my over forty pairs produce cheap, but pretty dragons. I spend a lot of time on building my hatchery and am overjoyed anytime someone decides to join the general pinglist and buys a hatchling, regardless if it cost 20kt or 200kt. On topic of sub-par: whether you like a gene or not is your subjective opinion. Lots of people love Starmap and are waiting eagerly for Constellation. Same goes for all the genes released this year or last year. The staff at Flight Rising can‘t appease everyone every time they release a new thing. Having an opinion is good, but ranting about things that you got either wrong or are subjectively disappointed in won‘t change it. [/quote] But to be honest, I can understand his frustration. At least with the Prices and the..inability to sell for good prices. I mean I hatched Dragons from Parents I spended a Fortune just to see that I never get the Money back because I have to sell them for litterall Fodderprices because it overlapped with the introduction of the new Gene. And if that happens 2-3-4 Times one get a litte.. tired of it. Plus: for me it is even more frustrating to see these Hatchis beeing instantly exaltet or sitting in one of the thousand Exaltion Lairs to be exaltet later :/ It gets frustrating, because one cant denie that you would like your Hatchis to have a long home (and yes Iam aware that these are just Pictures ) But welp - I understand some of his, but not all. I dont think we have a truly bad gene (I even like Smirch for Gods love xD )
Kurayami wrote on 2018-08-14 23:51:15:
themdamnedbones wrote on 2018-08-14 18:42:22:
I legitimately despise that you guys keep releasing new genes almost every other day. Thanks, I'm sure I'll be able to sell hatchlings now. Thanks, I'm sure that people will be able to adjust their genepools. Thanks, I'm sure that it's not overpriced to the depths of the underworld and back. Ugh.
At the very least, couldn't you guys release these things in batches all at once instead of one or two sub-par genes at a time?

@themdamnedbones
Releasing the genes every other day? Last gene to be released was Firefly, that was in May and brought us a new way of obtaining genes - through Swipp. Two weeks earlier there was the release of Python and Morph (oh look, they released both genes together), being the first genes obtainable through the coliseum. Filigree in March. Ghost in February. Pinstripe and Trail (two genes released together, again!) in January. The only primary and secondary gene pairs that seem to get separated are the gem genes - for one simple reason: dropping 2,7kg on a pair of genes in one month is a lot, especially for smaller hatcheries and people who haven‘t been playing very long; so they decided to spread it out on two months. You can buy a ready to breed dragon or take one from your lair and give it said genes. You can even wait until Constellation has dropped for you to buy and gene the dragons and breed them immediately after Constellation drops.

Even better, no one forces you to buy these genes at all.

My hatchlings with older genes keep selling anyway, because I don‘t ask people to drop a fortune for them. I only have three, maybe four pairs where I can set the price very high but the rest of my over forty pairs produce cheap, but pretty dragons. I spend a lot of time on building my hatchery and am overjoyed anytime someone decides to join the general pinglist and buys a hatchling, regardless if it cost 20kt or 200kt.
On topic of sub-par: whether you like a gene or not is your subjective opinion. Lots of people love Starmap and are waiting eagerly for Constellation. Same goes for all the genes released this year or last year. The staff at Flight Rising can‘t appease everyone every time they release a new thing. Having an opinion is good, but ranting about things that you got either wrong or are subjectively disappointed in won‘t change it.

But to be honest, I can understand his frustration. At least with the Prices and the..inability to sell for good prices.

I mean I hatched Dragons from Parents I spended a Fortune just to see that I never get the Money back because I have to sell them for litterall Fodderprices because it overlapped with the introduction of the new Gene.
And if that happens 2-3-4 Times one get a litte.. tired of it.
Plus: for me it is even more frustrating to see these Hatchis beeing instantly exaltet or sitting in one of the thousand Exaltion Lairs to be exaltet later :/ It gets frustrating, because one cant denie that you would like your Hatchis to have a long home (and yes Iam aware that these are just Pictures )
But welp - I understand some of his, but not all.
I dont think we have a truly bad gene (I even like Smirch for Gods love xD )
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
@Calhaora
I sell my hatchlings above fodder price, and if they don‘t sell, I exalt them myself. I spend money on my dragons not as an investment, but because I want them to have certain genes etc. - You should never count on the offspring making up the cost of the parents immediately. I‘ve spent 700kt on a God of War fanpair - Kratos and Faye - and I barely sell the hatchlings at 25g. However, I don‘t vent my frustration that XYY white/crimson Iridescent/Shimmer/Runes Nocturnes are hard to sell on the forums and blame it on the newer genes.

Neither the staff nor the hatcheries can appeal to everyone‘s tastes.
@Calhaora
I sell my hatchlings above fodder price, and if they don‘t sell, I exalt them myself. I spend money on my dragons not as an investment, but because I want them to have certain genes etc. - You should never count on the offspring making up the cost of the parents immediately. I‘ve spent 700kt on a God of War fanpair - Kratos and Faye - and I barely sell the hatchlings at 25g. However, I don‘t vent my frustration that XYY white/crimson Iridescent/Shimmer/Runes Nocturnes are hard to sell on the forums and blame it on the newer genes.

9cwkGah.png
[quote name="Kurayami" date="2018-08-15 04:38:02" ] @Calhaora I sell my hatchlings above fodder price, and if they don‘t sell, I exalt them myself. I spend money on my dragons not as an investment, but because I want them to have certain genes etc. - You should never count on the offspring making up the cost of the parents immediately. I‘ve spent 700kt on a God of War fanpair - Kratos and Faye - and I barely sell the hatchlings at 25g. However, I don‘t vent my frustration that XYY white/crimson Iridescent/Shimmer/Runes Nocturnes are hard to sell on the forums and blame it on the newer genes. Neither the staff nor the hatcheries can appeal to everyone‘s tastes. [/quote] I dont blame the Genes, dont get me wrong! :) Its great that we get so many new Stuff. Id.. rather say the mentallity of "Only the newes shinies thingy" is at fault somethimes. They are? I like that combination to be honest! o: And I know. Thats why I said, that I dont know of any Gene I dont like. Sorry if my Post came out as rude or something like that!
Kurayami wrote on 2018-08-15 04:38:02:
@Calhaora

I dont blame the Genes, dont get me wrong! :) Its great that we get so many new Stuff.
Id.. rather say the mentallity of "Only the newes shinies thingy" is at fault somethimes.

They are? I like that combination to be honest! o:

And I know. Thats why I said, that I dont know of any Gene I dont like.

Sorry if my Post came out as rude or something like that!
dem eels
dem eels
gardenia_by_aideekay__fr__109827__by_silverfoxdemon08-dcbd3kk.png
@Calhaora You didn‘t come off as rude, my tone seems to get a bit rough though, so I‘m sorry for that! It‘s just that the pursuit of the newest genes is rarely economically viable, for the investment is high even though the outcome is rarely worth it, especially with smaller hatcheries. Some older, established hatcheries have no problem introducing a couple pairs as soon as a new gene drops, or even reworking their whole hatcheries for the new genes, but these are the rare few. About the pair: [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41560672] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/415607/41560672.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]X[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41569901] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/415700/41569901.png[/img] [/url][/columns] Of their seven offspring, four are exalted, one is in an inactive lair. Three I exalted myself, the fourth one got breedchanged into a Ridgeback and got Capsule before getting exalted (like, why would you do that?)
@Calhaora
You didn‘t come off as rude, my tone seems to get a bit rough though, so I‘m sorry for that!
It‘s just that the pursuit of the newest genes is rarely economically viable, for the investment is high even though the outcome is rarely worth it, especially with smaller hatcheries. Some older, established hatcheries have no problem introducing a couple pairs as soon as a new gene drops, or even reworking their whole hatcheries for the new genes, but these are the rare few.

About the pair:

41560672.png
X
41569901.png
Of their seven offspring, four are exalted, one is in an inactive lair. Three I exalted myself, the fourth one got breedchanged into a Ridgeback and got Capsule before getting exalted (like, why would you do that?)
9cwkGah.png
@Kurayam

thats sadly true :/

Yes I have this too.. some of the mosty beautiful Children got exalted or are starved. Some even got Exaltet "Unnamed"..cant they been bothered to at least Name them?

Wow they look amazing. And I absolutely love White Bodys with Colored Wings. (even better when the Tert matches the Wings).
Uh wow someone had to much Money? :'D
@Kurayam

thats sadly true :/

Yes I have this too.. some of the mosty beautiful Children got exalted or are starved. Some even got Exaltet "Unnamed"..cant they been bothered to at least Name them?

Wow they look amazing. And I absolutely love White Bodys with Colored Wings. (even better when the Tert matches the Wings).
Uh wow someone had to much Money? :'D
I'm way too excited about the secondary... Getting it the moment it comes out for my fave boy jhdhgjdfh
I'm way too excited about the secondary... Getting it the moment it comes out for my fave boy jhdhgjdfh
neo_pixel.png

Cocoa || He/Him || +9 fr time
>> Art Shop
>> YouTube
>> Art Blog
:O
:O
hatchery.pngloreshop.pngbeyondthehorizon.png
yOOOOOO HEC c YES
yOOOOOO HEC c YES
Looking forward to the new genes!!
Looking forward to the new genes!!