Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Upcoming Projects
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 116 117
[quote name="Vanishing" date="2018-08-04 12:44:29" ] I highly disagree with a ticket cap even as a 'poor' player. The raffle will self regulate after a couple months because the wealthy didn't GET wealthy by wasting their cash, and as all raffles on all other sites always have. I think people suggesting a cap are used to raffles where they can SEE other submissions and know what risks they are taking. With Roundsey you have no idea if that amount of tickets were purchased by one person or by thousands. It's no different than the potion lottery on Subeta. It can't be a treasure sink with a ticket cap, even a high one. We WANT the wealthy to take that risk and spend all their treasure at first and on occasion to reduce inflation overall. That's the entire economic point. 'Oh no they spent so much money and actually won, I can now pay them half what I used to pay for this ridiculously inflated item, whatever shall I do?' For me, that's not a crisis, that's a success. [/quote] I gotta stop you right there. I'm one of those upper-middle class players, I suppose. In liquid and liquidatable assests I know I'm sitting up there on easily in the vaulted 100mil treasure range. But I didn't make that money throwing it after every fad or new toy, and I don't chase genes, make skins or grind the coli endlessly either, so my money is more precious to me. So it's entirely possible that I'm much more protective and unwilling to spend it on "games" than any other kind of wealthy player here. But without a ticket cap, Roundsey is something I would never sink my treasure into. A few pages back I did some rough math, adding up the total players in the game and then after making the heavy assumptions that 50% are gone, only 25% would be interested in participating in the raffle and then only 10% would buy more than 1 of ticket. That left me with competing with 15% of the entire gamebase (the single ticket buyers) for any placement for 20 items (but judging from the image, it's likely to be much less) and I had 1:4000+ odds of even placing. Playing on a "level" 1 ticket for everyone setting" those aren't odds I'm going to throw any of my treasure at. The tickets are [i]cheap[/i], so anyone going after mutiples will buy several, but if 1-1 didn't make me bite, you can bet that 1-40 [b]really [/b]won't make me interested (40 tickets only costing 20kt, which is less than 2 fodders for me) in playing. I may try it once or twice, and probably buy more than one ticket, but that would depend on what Crim has for trade in the previous hour. Because I'd much rather shuffle that treasure from one hand to the other, rather than actually use any of mine. Don't get me wrong, you ARE going to get the gambling-inclined small-fish players throwing thousands of treasure into this thing (after all, it has been said that a lottery is nothing but a tax on the foolish). But I doubt you're going to get the whales, and it's foolish to think you're going to get someone to sell their Gilded Crown cheap to throw money into Roundsey. ----------------- Suggestion: One main central Raffle, the Trading Post Raffle, and flight specific raffles. Maybe something you can throw exalts to, a la Fayd's Overhaul suggestion, for flight-specific things. I'd much rather throw in with my Flight's 41260+ players and play the odds with them, than have to bother with EVERYONE and their aunt in all the other flights, for the same pieces of *snerk* Samurai Armor.
Vanishing wrote on 2018-08-04 12:44:29:
I highly disagree with a ticket cap even as a 'poor' player. The raffle will self regulate after a couple months because the wealthy didn't GET wealthy by wasting their cash, and as all raffles on all other sites always have. I think people suggesting a cap are used to raffles where they can SEE other submissions and know what risks they are taking. With Roundsey you have no idea if that amount of tickets were purchased by one person or by thousands. It's no different than the potion lottery on Subeta.

It can't be a treasure sink with a ticket cap, even a high one. We WANT the wealthy to take that risk and spend all their treasure at first and on occasion to reduce inflation overall. That's the entire economic point. 'Oh no they spent so much money and actually won, I can now pay them half what I used to pay for this ridiculously inflated item, whatever shall I do?' For me, that's not a crisis, that's a success.

I gotta stop you right there. I'm one of those upper-middle class players, I suppose. In liquid and liquidatable assests I know I'm sitting up there on easily in the vaulted 100mil treasure range. But I didn't make that money throwing it after every fad or new toy, and I don't chase genes, make skins or grind the coli endlessly either, so my money is more precious to me. So it's entirely possible that I'm much more protective and unwilling to spend it on "games" than any other kind of wealthy player here.

But without a ticket cap, Roundsey is something I would never sink my treasure into. A few pages back I did some rough math, adding up the total players in the game and then after making the heavy assumptions that 50% are gone, only 25% would be interested in participating in the raffle and then only 10% would buy more than 1 of ticket. That left me with competing with 15% of the entire gamebase (the single ticket buyers) for any placement for 20 items (but judging from the image, it's likely to be much less) and I had 1:4000+ odds of even placing. Playing on
a "level" 1 ticket for everyone setting" those aren't odds I'm going to throw any of my treasure at. The tickets are cheap, so anyone going after mutiples will buy several, but if 1-1 didn't make me bite, you can bet that 1-40 really won't make me interested (40 tickets only costing 20kt, which is less than 2 fodders for me) in playing.

I may try it once or twice, and probably buy more than one ticket, but that would depend on what Crim has for trade in the previous hour. Because I'd much rather shuffle that treasure from one hand to the other, rather than actually use any of mine.

Don't get me wrong, you ARE going to get the gambling-inclined small-fish players throwing thousands of treasure into this thing (after all, it has been said that a lottery is nothing but a tax on the foolish). But I doubt you're going to get the whales, and it's foolish to think you're going to get someone to sell their Gilded Crown cheap to throw money into Roundsey.

Suggestion:

One main central Raffle, the Trading Post Raffle, and flight specific raffles. Maybe something you can throw exalts to, a la Fayd's Overhaul suggestion, for flight-specific things. I'd much rather throw in with my Flight's 41260+ players and play the odds with them, than have to bother with EVERYONE and their aunt in all the other flights, for the same pieces of *snerk* Samurai Armor.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
YES I LIKE. good job <3
YES I LIKE. good job <3
for sale ->. 78075389.png . 79695285.png . 76605495.png . h0FvtF4.gif
. a8c063aef9f53261a2a517c21c5372bd8a51ae1c.png . 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
@Karkitty looks like skink, and on the wings maybe basic, and tertiary either underbelly or basic. Maybe the primary color is seafoam other then that I have no idea.
@Karkitty looks like skink, and on the wings maybe basic, and tertiary either underbelly or basic. Maybe the primary color is seafoam other then that I have no idea.
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
YES I love.
YES I love.
tumblr_inline_nh5ijiWceb1sp071d.png
[quote name="Karkitty" date="2018-08-05 02:32:09" ] How dare you make Roundsey so cute. Anyone have an idea what genes he has and what colors they are? I need one like him for my lair. >>; [/quote] @Karkitty - Roundsey is actually a girl! :0 I think her colours are Pistachio Skink/Bubblegum Stripes/Pearl Underbelly, with Arcane Rare eyes: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I don’t know why her horns and claws are pink and her tail tip is purple, but no genes or colours have those effects, and Pistachio/Bubblegum/Pearl matches otherwise. Looks like she might be wearing some kind of accent?
Karkitty wrote on 2018-08-05 02:32:09:
How dare you make Roundsey so cute.
Anyone have an idea what genes he has and what colors they are? I need one like him for my lair. >>;

@Karkitty - Roundsey is actually a girl! :0 I think her colours are Pistachio Skink/Bubblegum Stripes/Pearl Underbelly, with Arcane Rare eyes:
dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png
I don’t know why her horns and claws are pink and her tail tip is purple, but no genes or colours have those effects, and Pistachio/Bubblegum/Pearl matches otherwise. Looks like she might be wearing some kind of accent?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@Ningyo

Glimmer colours the horns
@Ningyo

Glimmer colours the horns
Jqlkxca.png
@whytekatt - Oh, yeah! It doesn’t make them quite as bright as they are in Roundsey’s art, though. :’0 [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=5dadd69782a1b40bdf788b9ccc43b01571e91e52&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@whytekatt - Oh, yeah! It doesn’t make them quite as bright as they are in Roundsey’s art, though. :’0
dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=5dadd69782a1b40bdf788b9ccc43b01571e91e52&dummyext=prev.png
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
This is all UTTERLY GLORIOUS!
This is all UTTERLY GLORIOUS!
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-08-05 10:32:01" ] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I don’t know why her horns and [b]claws are pink [/b]and her tail tip is purple, but no genes or colours have those effects, and Pistachio/Bubblegum/Pearl matches otherwise. Looks like she might be wearing some kind of accent? [/quote] @Ningyo If you give her Glowing Purple Clawtips [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/10879.png[/img] she'll have something similar.
Ningyo wrote on 2018-08-05 10:32:01:

dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png
I don’t know why her horns and claws are pink and her tail tip is purple, but no genes or colours have those effects, and Pistachio/Bubblegum/Pearl matches otherwise. Looks like she might be wearing some kind of accent?

@Ningyo

If you give her Glowing Purple Clawtips 10879.png she'll have something similar.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
roundsey's,, one pretty spiral

i'm in love ajhdkahzf
roundsey's,, one pretty spiral

i'm in love ajhdkahzf
2KAdknV.pngpixpet_mini_sunobra_pixel.gifLshkoju.pngdragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 116 117