Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Firefly: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82
I really like this concept and hope we get to see more of this sort of "living" gene idea in the future! I think it's really neat and the idea of the gene not always having to be specifically on the dragon could be applied in many more interesting ways down the line - halos that surround body parts? smirch-like goop that oozes from bellies and mouths, dripping off the dragon itself? so many possibilities! I'm excited to see if this pops up again one day

my one qualm tho, from experiences just with the scrying workshop this far, is that I feel as though more could've been done to potentially save Firefly from darker colors - all the example scries in this post feature bright tertiaries, and I think that speaks for the fact that this gene just isn't able to carry itself when paired with darker, non-eye popping colors. The result is typically very lackluster, especially given the gradient

Though none of my current gene plans for dragons have it, hopefully one day I'll find a suitable candidate P:
I really like this concept and hope we get to see more of this sort of "living" gene idea in the future! I think it's really neat and the idea of the gene not always having to be specifically on the dragon could be applied in many more interesting ways down the line - halos that surround body parts? smirch-like goop that oozes from bellies and mouths, dripping off the dragon itself? so many possibilities! I'm excited to see if this pops up again one day

my one qualm tho, from experiences just with the scrying workshop this far, is that I feel as though more could've been done to potentially save Firefly from darker colors - all the example scries in this post feature bright tertiaries, and I think that speaks for the fact that this gene just isn't able to carry itself when paired with darker, non-eye popping colors. The result is typically very lackluster, especially given the gradient

Though none of my current gene plans for dragons have it, hopefully one day I'll find a suitable candidate P:
I really like the idea but the artwork of the gene itself is kinda lackluster? No shade to the artists but comparing it to previous gene artwork, it just falls flat. Perhaps more detail on the firefly wings would help?

Honestly, I would like to hear some admin input on their process for developing this gene, because when I first saw this I thought it was a first draft or concept art.
I really like the idea but the artwork of the gene itself is kinda lackluster? No shade to the artists but comparing it to previous gene artwork, it just falls flat. Perhaps more detail on the firefly wings would help?

Honestly, I would like to hear some admin input on their process for developing this gene, because when I first saw this I thought it was a first draft or concept art.
ah, I gene I will never ever see. Swipp is my bane.
ah, I gene I will never ever see. Swipp is my bane.
DRAGONS WANTED Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's little nut that held its ground.

Dragons For Adoption
just saw this from scrying workshop O.o XD
just saw this from scrying workshop O.o XD
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
Ooof, making it take a Firebug to trade is a little... harsh. It's still a new fam and I'm sure there are still tons of people who still need one! I mean, I know it makes the most sense, being a firefly and everything, but ouch.
Ooof, making it take a Firebug to trade is a little... harsh. It's still a new fam and I'm sure there are still tons of people who still need one! I mean, I know it makes the most sense, being a firefly and everything, but ouch.
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
Its SOOOO cute
Its SOOOO cute
Holy cow... a tert that works for my progen. I didn't even think that was possible since I was very stuck on her not having gold as a tert. However, these aren't actually part of the dragon, so it looks wonderful on her.

I need it for at least three dragons so far. It's so wonderful and I LOVE IT
Holy cow... a tert that works for my progen. I didn't even think that was possible since I was very stuck on her not having gold as a tert. However, these aren't actually part of the dragon, so it looks wonderful on her.

I need it for at least three dragons so far. It's so wonderful and I LOVE IT
dLxsQW7.png ***
Brittany
She/Her or They/Them
FR + 3
L8bbLC3.png
d8kVeqZ.gif
OH MY GOD WHAT?! O.O

Edit:

Well, I think my hype is already over. Its really cute, but ... for me its not a gene. It looks more like Apparel from Baldwin or something like that. Its not ... enough to be a gene, at least for me.
Maybe I use it for a permabab one day, but at the moment I don't really know what to do with it <.<
OH MY GOD WHAT?! O.O

Edit:

Well, I think my hype is already over. Its really cute, but ... for me its not a gene. It looks more like Apparel from Baldwin or something like that. Its not ... enough to be a gene, at least for me.
Maybe I use it for a permabab one day, but at the moment I don't really know what to do with it <.<
nk0fJDk.png8bKeuhR.png
WANT WANT WANT

This looks amazing!
WANT WANT WANT

This looks amazing!

188423.png

- Xc
- she/they
- FR+0
- wishlist

words word
184209.png336966.png472370.png
// looks at the new gene
// looks at the fam-fam I don't have
// looks at the terrible Swipp luck I have
// looks at all the heavy appareled dragons
Goodbye fireflies, I have no chance of seeing you ever at all :')
// looks at the new gene
// looks at the fam-fam I don't have
// looks at the terrible Swipp luck I have
// looks at all the heavy appareled dragons
Goodbye fireflies, I have no chance of seeing you ever at all :')
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82