Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Firefly: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 81 82
[quote name="Fledhyris" date="2018-05-26 14:09:35" ] I can't help but feel that this skin is just a license for higher level Coli fighters to print money... [/quote] Don't worry, that'll just cause deflation. Swipp is going to be the only thing holding this thing's price up; ingredients are already getting cheap and it's only day 2. Besides, the Silky Fanrat isn't a common opponent. Took me hours to get 30 of those bugs yesterday, and that's with a level 25 eliminate team. FR made it very hard to farm ingredients/festival currency in general when they gradually doubled the amount of enemies in each venue. Much harder to find what you're looking for. Anyway, finally decided which of my old babs to stick my Firefly on. I think I chose well. And to think, this guy might have never had a tert. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=521355] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5214/521355_350.png[/img] [/url]
Fledhyris wrote on 2018-05-26 14:09:35:
I can't help but feel that this skin is just a license for higher level Coli fighters to print money...
Don't worry, that'll just cause deflation. Swipp is going to be the only thing holding this thing's price up; ingredients are already getting cheap and it's only day 2. Besides, the Silky Fanrat isn't a common opponent. Took me hours to get 30 of those bugs yesterday, and that's with a level 25 eliminate team. FR made it very hard to farm ingredients/festival currency in general when they gradually doubled the amount of enemies in each venue. Much harder to find what you're looking for.

Anyway, finally decided which of my old babs to stick my Firefly on. I think I chose well. And to think, this guy might have never had a tert.

521355_350.png
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="RyuuMajora" date="2018-05-26 10:50:27" ] this gene is honestly not worth the hype. it doesnt add anything to the dragons, it wuld be so much better as an apparel then a gene its a waste of the tert and a waste of supplies. i get you guys want to have genes more included to get in other areas but with this and the coli genes python/morph you make them so hard to get compared to the rest of the genes you can get brewed/buy and then people will sell them on the ah for way more then even market place prices. its ridiculous and you guys need to work on that a bit more and get the opinions of your players before constantly pushing out new genes [/quote] 1. It isn't a waste of a tert because NO ONE is forcing you to get it and use it, therefore your tert is not wasted. Those who use it do not see it as a 'waste' of a tert. 2. It isn't a waste of supplies, because, again, no one is forcing you to trade it in, therefore you do not lose any supplies unless you choose to. 3. They DID get the opinions of their players on Python/Morph and people wanted them to be coliseum genes, mainly because they were hoping for the genes to retain some value unlike most other genes that deflate to MP value within a few weeks. 4. Many people wanted Swipp genes, so again, they got the opinions of their players on that as well. 5. If you don't want firefly, it shouldn't really matter how much people sell them for, just ignore them. If no one likes the gene, no one will be buying the gene, and prices will come down. Same thing for Python/Morph. Once people get enough genes and more py/mo dragons are being sold on the AH, the hype will die down and the prices will come down.
RyuuMajora wrote on 2018-05-26 10:50:27:
this gene is honestly not worth the hype. it doesnt add anything to the dragons, it wuld be so much better as an apparel then a gene
its a waste of the tert and a waste of supplies. i get you guys want to have genes more included to get in other areas but with this and the coli genes python/morph you make them so hard to get compared to the rest of the genes you can get brewed/buy and then people will sell them on the ah for way more then even market place prices. its ridiculous and you guys need to work on that a bit more and get the opinions of your players before constantly pushing out new genes
1. It isn't a waste of a tert because NO ONE is forcing you to get it and use it, therefore your tert is not wasted. Those who use it do not see it as a 'waste' of a tert.

2. It isn't a waste of supplies, because, again, no one is forcing you to trade it in, therefore you do not lose any supplies unless you choose to.

3. They DID get the opinions of their players on Python/Morph and people wanted them to be coliseum genes, mainly because they were hoping for the genes to retain some value unlike most other genes that deflate to MP value within a few weeks.

4. Many people wanted Swipp genes, so again, they got the opinions of their players on that as well.

5. If you don't want firefly, it shouldn't really matter how much people sell them for, just ignore them. If no one likes the gene, no one will be buying the gene, and prices will come down. Same thing for Python/Morph. Once people get enough genes and more py/mo dragons are being sold on the AH, the hype will die down and the prices will come down.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I am...extremely disappointed. We have been given many examples of the amazing artwork done on this site. We have the super intricate like crystal and cherub, down to the nicely subtle, like smirch and contour. This....What, did someone let their nephew mess with a dragon psd and a tablet and you decided to release it to us? It in no way holds to the art standard seen elsewhere on this site. Nothing is anywhere near this cartoony or flatly drawn. I redid an xxx obidisan dragon with firefly. This took me 20 [i]minutes[/i]. [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/d698/th/pre/f/2018/146/c/f/capture_by_liciandragon-dccl724.png[/img] The colors for the fireflies and glow are picked directly from the colors of obsidian falcon and look; you can see them! Not only that, they look like actual fireflies! I say this as an artist who is far below the skill level of those working for FR. If I can scrap this up in 20 minutes, I know FR artists could do something utterly amazing. I know FR is praised for it's update frequency, but [b]please[/b] don't let that expectation start impacting the quality of what you give us. I'd much rather get some extremely well done genes every few months, than some half-worked genes monthly. Firefly should never have been released in this state.
I am...extremely disappointed. We have been given many examples of the amazing artwork done on this site. We have the super intricate like crystal and cherub, down to the nicely subtle, like smirch and contour. This....What, did someone let their nephew mess with a dragon psd and a tablet and you decided to release it to us? It in no way holds to the art standard seen elsewhere on this site. Nothing is anywhere near this cartoony or flatly drawn.

I redid an xxx obidisan dragon with firefly. This took me 20 minutes.
capture_by_liciandragon-dccl724.png
The colors for the fireflies and glow are picked directly from the colors of obsidian falcon and look; you can see them! Not only that, they look like actual fireflies! I say this as an artist who is far below the skill level of those working for FR. If I can scrap this up in 20 minutes, I know FR artists could do something utterly amazing.

I know FR is praised for it's update frequency, but please don't let that expectation start impacting the quality of what you give us. I'd much rather get some extremely well done genes every few months, than some half-worked genes monthly. Firefly should never have been released in this state.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
AAhhh!!! So many new traits! I can't keep up!
AAhhh!!! So many new traits! I can't keep up!
VBSVH.gifnpoIL.gifu5HY3.gif2y1XN7S.pngtumblr_inline_oki65zwyHD1tfmvub_100.png
Great, now I can make my green-tert dragons look like they smell bad. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=57&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=2&gender=0&tert=40&tertgene=22&winggene=14&wings=45&auth=de6412c481bb8057993c02b33d4da4ec6c0e6dda&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Great, now I can make my green-tert dragons look like they smell bad. dragon?age=1&body=57&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=2&gender=0&tert=40&tertgene=22&winggene=14&wings=45&auth=de6412c481bb8057993c02b33d4da4ec6c0e6dda&dummyext=prev.png
zdvqwJY.png
OMGGGGGG!!!
OMGGGGGG!!!
tumblr_inline_n51c5lRQg41r4n64i.gif
Feels more like an apparel item than a gene, and it'd make more sense as that too.
Feels more like an apparel item than a gene, and it'd make more sense as that too.
OMGGGGGGGGG
OMGGGGGGGGG
wrHGqA4.gif
i'm so excited i'm going to try to get one asap
i'm so excited i'm going to try to get one asap
wrHGqA4.gif
cute, but wasnt there a skin/accent already like this? I couldve sworn a saw somthin like it..... to be honest, id prefer a body-wide glowy pattern rather than bugs that vaguely orbit my dergs....kinda like them little deepsea fish! :O [img]http://legacy.iaacblog.com/maa2013-2014-when-energy-becomes-form/files/2013/11/l1.jpg[/img]
cute, but wasnt there a skin/accent already like this? I couldve sworn a saw somthin like it.....

to be honest, id prefer a body-wide glowy pattern rather than bugs that vaguely orbit my dergs....kinda like them little deepsea fish! :O

l1.jpg
nudX0O8.png
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 81 82