Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
Is there a button for fight on or main menu? Or do we have to use the mouse for that for now?
Is there a button for fight on or main menu? Or do we have to use the mouse for that for now?
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
I love it !!!!!
I love it !!!!!
rUPiKSr.gif
The removal of refreshes between consecutive battles feels a lot better, in my opinion.

Especially since before, when there were refreshes, Firefox would flag it with a popup warning me that "my connection had been lost" just before the refresh went through. It was strange and annoying, so no more refreshes feels like a smoother, more cohesive experience.

I'll continue to play with it in the next few days and submit any reports if I need to, but for now, it feels great! Thank you so much, Staff!
The removal of refreshes between consecutive battles feels a lot better, in my opinion.

Especially since before, when there were refreshes, Firefox would flag it with a popup warning me that "my connection had been lost" just before the refresh went through. It was strange and annoying, so no more refreshes feels like a smoother, more cohesive experience.

I'll continue to play with it in the next few days and submit any reports if I need to, but for now, it feels great! Thank you so much, Staff!
01_grimerat_dressed_100px.png Nick | they/them | FR+0

RNG Rat Adoptables
I loooove the addition of keyboard bindings so much! It feels a lot smoother and easier than the mouse controls >u< It would be awesome to see the option of custom keybinds at some point too, so I could use both hands instead of just one. That said, even just as it is it's very nice and a great addition to the coliseum ;u;
I loooove the addition of keyboard bindings so much! It feels a lot smoother and easier than the mouse controls >u< It would be awesome to see the option of custom keybinds at some point too, so I could use both hands instead of just one. That said, even just as it is it's very nice and a great addition to the coliseum ;u;
ZWdxRHX.gif4zm7ATR.gif ♠ Any pronouns
Ancient Adoptable shop

Pixels by Irithyll!
I agree with adding keyboard buttons for the fight on/main menu buttons. switching to the mouse is awkward and doesn't provide a smooth transition between battles.

other than that, everything seems to work so far. I'm going to see if I can convince my mom to try it, she hasn't been on here in ages but she uses linux so her feedback might be useful??
I agree with adding keyboard buttons for the fight on/main menu buttons. switching to the mouse is awkward and doesn't provide a smooth transition between battles.

other than that, everything seems to work so far. I'm going to see if I can convince my mom to try it, she hasn't been on here in ages but she uses linux so her feedback might be useful??
01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100000 00110001 01101011 01110100
The images for the camping aspect are incredibly small. Even when I got really close to the screen to try and see what each image was, I still couldn't make out what a couple of them were so I ended up taking a random guess between two of them. I have decent vision, and I found it very difficult, so I imagine that players who have visual challenges would have an even harder time.

Also, having to use the trackpad to click "Fight On" after every battle seems like it defeats the point of having a keyboard option.
The images for the camping aspect are incredibly small. Even when I got really close to the screen to try and see what each image was, I still couldn't make out what a couple of them were so I ended up taking a random guess between two of them. I have decent vision, and I found it very difficult, so I imagine that players who have visual challenges would have an even harder time.

Also, having to use the trackpad to click "Fight On" after every battle seems like it defeats the point of having a keyboard option.
RE: KEYBOARD CONTROLS
Keyboard controls are great! That is, on my desktop and laptop, 'cause I have a keyboard.

RE: TARGETING ON TABLET
Targeting is awful on my tablet where I have neither keyboard nor mouse, just a stylus.

Is there a way to highlight your target before you tap them with a stylus? Because I am hitting the wrong target more often than not.
(Android, Galaxy Tab A)

RE: KEYBOARD CONTROLS
Keyboard controls are great! That is, on my desktop and laptop, 'cause I have a keyboard.

RE: TARGETING ON TABLET
Targeting is awful on my tablet where I have neither keyboard nor mouse, just a stylus.

Is there a way to highlight your target before you tap them with a stylus? Because I am hitting the wrong target more often than not.
(Android, Galaxy Tab A)

MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
While I do love the keyboard controls, It'd be great if we could customize them too!

The current keyboard layout feels kind of awkward to me. I'd love to use the WASD controls for the menus and attacks only. While having the number pad to select the enemies, instead of everything being binded to WASD.
While I do love the keyboard controls, It'd be great if we could customize them too!

The current keyboard layout feels kind of awkward to me. I'd love to use the WASD controls for the menus and attacks only. While having the number pad to select the enemies, instead of everything being binded to WASD.
i would very much like the "Fight on!" button to also have a key assigned to it!
i would very much like the "Fight on!" button to also have a key assigned to it!
let's sail away
like a photograph
fading to all white
its finally all right
Okay let's see....

Love that the refresh is gone from when I tested the beta last! Loads faster and way more convenient.

Like everyone else is saying, I'd love a key shortcut for Fight On. Although I'm currently using my left hand to fight and my right to operate the mouse, I'm using a different computer than usual (I don't usually have a mouse for my laptop) and it's still a little focus-breaking to switch my mind to mouse between battles. If that makes sense. I'm not good at using both hands for this, I guess :')

Also, I definitely agree with other people talking about custom controls. I'd much rather assign my own since the corner of the keyboard currently used is just a tad uncomfortable for my hands.

Otherwise, loooove the controls. It's so nice to just have to click a couple keys instead of moving over every individual target. Not a big inconvenience, sure, but it's nice nonetheless.
Okay let's see....

Love that the refresh is gone from when I tested the beta last! Loads faster and way more convenient.

Like everyone else is saying, I'd love a key shortcut for Fight On. Although I'm currently using my left hand to fight and my right to operate the mouse, I'm using a different computer than usual (I don't usually have a mouse for my laptop) and it's still a little focus-breaking to switch my mind to mouse between battles. If that makes sense. I'm not good at using both hands for this, I guess :')

Also, I definitely agree with other people talking about custom controls. I'd much rather assign my own since the corner of the keyboard currently used is just a tad uncomfortable for my hands.

Otherwise, loooove the controls. It's so nice to just have to click a couple keys instead of moving over every individual target. Not a big inconvenience, sure, but it's nice nonetheless.
xxx

Vynne
they/them • +3hr
Skins & Accents

tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94