Announcements & News
The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
On all of my Apple devices, quickly tapping in the Coliseum window is mistaken for a quick zoom function, causing the screen to zoom in and out constantly, while tapping at regular intervals is frequently mistaken as a "Select All" function, causing the screen to darken for a split second whenever I tap.
This was never an issue with the old Coliseum. I'm on Safari.

Fullscreen is still broken on mobile. Reloading still shoots pages up to the top, and takes you out of fullscreen.
On all of my Apple devices, quickly tapping in the Coliseum window is mistaken for a quick zoom function, causing the screen to zoom in and out constantly, while tapping at regular intervals is frequently mistaken as a "Select All" function, causing the screen to darken for a split second whenever I tap.
This was never an issue with the old Coliseum. I'm on Safari.

Fullscreen is still broken on mobile. Reloading still shoots pages up to the top, and takes you out of fullscreen.
The new keyboard controls are neato. Bit awkward on my hand, definitely wish they could be customizable so I could go full WoW on the coli, but I got used to wasd in the past, I can get used to "aeq aaq aew aaw aee aae" as well.
The new keyboard controls are neato. Bit awkward on my hand, definitely wish they could be customizable so I could go full WoW on the coli, but I got used to wasd in the past, I can get used to "aeq aaq aew aaw aee aae" as well.
YT7XWrq.png
m6J5HgJ.pngkTL3hrc.pngLv46Tuf.pngKgHPHwa.pngLv46Tuf.pngxekpvUB.pngLv46Tuf.pngpkrs0S2.pngLv46Tuf.pngznMXh0L.pngLv46Tuf.pngodRSWFw.png
D2RgeK2.png
regarding the new keyboard controls, there are but two things I can think to bring up.

• customization
I do really like the layout of the buttons, but just a few I would like to change to my own liking.
for example I want cancel to move from esc. to the tab key, so I don't have to move my hand all the way up and then have to find its way back. sounds lazy perhaps, but it's my personal preference.

• fight on / camping
having to use the mouse to press fight on is very inconvenient if you have the "mouse-hand" busy. it seems simple to just add in a button to be able to fight on, but maybe it's not? I have no idea, but I would love to have it if possible.
and how to make it possible when the camping thing happen, I have no idea.. but since it doesn't happen too often, I think it's no big deal.
regarding the new keyboard controls, there are but two things I can think to bring up.

• customization
I do really like the layout of the buttons, but just a few I would like to change to my own liking.
for example I want cancel to move from esc. to the tab key, so I don't have to move my hand all the way up and then have to find its way back. sounds lazy perhaps, but it's my personal preference.

• fight on / camping
having to use the mouse to press fight on is very inconvenient if you have the "mouse-hand" busy. it seems simple to just add in a button to be able to fight on, but maybe it's not? I have no idea, but I would love to have it if possible.
and how to make it possible when the camping thing happen, I have no idea.. but since it doesn't happen too often, I think it's no big deal.
1_by_fellefan-dad04mk.png11_by_fellefan-dad04m3.png
2_by_fellefan-dad04mf.png22_by_fellefan-dad04lx.png
3_by_fellefan-dad04m9.png33_by_fellefan-dad04lt.png
Loving the keyboard feature, smoother than i thought it was gonna be + it's easy to get used to it! I'd love a customize option as well, since i use my little finger on A, and the other 3 fingers on QWE, and the middle finger also on S since its my eliminate button
but since stones will be movable as well, I suppose i can tweak that for my liking, but still i would make it probably: little finger on A, other 3 on WER so its just more comfortable for my hand

not sure if anyone pointed out (probably i just dont want to read back) but i love the fact that Ambush is finally fixed for the first dragon in the party! making it 9 attacks and not 8 anymore, I believe the attack order was like 12233123, and now its 123123123 whichs so much better and how i wanted it to be for ages!

that and the fact that everytime i use an Eliminate (and kill) the breath doesnt reset back to 85/100 even though it was past 85

those last two were my biggest issues with old coli tbh!

The ONLY thing for me now that could be tweaked (like it was before) would be, have us be able to click already on more moves when the dragon is finishing its attack animation, it makes the battles slower having to wait for them to go back to their spot to click the buttons again, thats all for me (:
Loving the keyboard feature, smoother than i thought it was gonna be + it's easy to get used to it! I'd love a customize option as well, since i use my little finger on A, and the other 3 fingers on QWE, and the middle finger also on S since its my eliminate button
but since stones will be movable as well, I suppose i can tweak that for my liking, but still i would make it probably: little finger on A, other 3 on WER so its just more comfortable for my hand

not sure if anyone pointed out (probably i just dont want to read back) but i love the fact that Ambush is finally fixed for the first dragon in the party! making it 9 attacks and not 8 anymore, I believe the attack order was like 12233123, and now its 123123123 whichs so much better and how i wanted it to be for ages!

that and the fact that everytime i use an Eliminate (and kill) the breath doesnt reset back to 85/100 even though it was past 85

those last two were my biggest issues with old coli tbh!

The ONLY thing for me now that could be tweaked (like it was before) would be, have us be able to click already on more moves when the dragon is finishing its attack animation, it makes the battles slower having to wait for them to go back to their spot to click the buttons again, thats all for me (:
Ywjh57i.png
Seconding (and thirding, fourthing?) some of the users here who suggested hotkeys for Main Menu and Fight On buttons after the battle is over. The constant switching from keyboard to clicking is annoying, for those who use touchpads on laptops, cumbersome at best.

Other than that I like the controls!
Seconding (and thirding, fourthing?) some of the users here who suggested hotkeys for Main Menu and Fight On buttons after the battle is over. The constant switching from keyboard to clicking is annoying, for those who use touchpads on laptops, cumbersome at best.

Other than that I like the controls!
uPXdQfI.png
I'm having a problem with long pauses between fights. Granted, I've only tested the new coli a tiny bit, but they seem to get longer and longer, and then I have to reset because it's preferable to waiting for minutes at a time ;-;
I'm having a problem with long pauses between fights. Granted, I've only tested the new coli a tiny bit, but they seem to get longer and longer, and then I have to reset because it's preferable to waiting for minutes at a time ;-;
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), 3 zeroes, and a one. Feel free to copy and paste it directly if you need it.

If you ever want to talk about anything, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out at any time, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out as many people as I can!
bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif
[quote name="slp0001" date="2018-02-14 15:59:07" ] I'm having a problem with long pauses between fights. Granted, I've only tested the new coli a tiny bit, but they seem to get longer and longer, and then I have to reset because it's preferable to waiting for minutes at a time ;-; [/quote] @slp0001 Are you able to provide us some more information? We'd appreciate a full report in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2361844][b]this thread[/b][/url] if you've got the time! Please be sure to include all of the information requested in the opening post of that thread so that we can look into the issue.
slp0001 wrote on 2018-02-14 15:59:07:

@slp0001

Are you able to provide us some more information? We'd appreciate a full report in this thread if you've got the time! Please be sure to include all of the information requested in the opening post of that thread so that we can look into the issue.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Xhaztol Will do! I'll test it out a bit more too and see if I can eliminate any variables like other apps running. :0
@Xhaztol Will do! I'll test it out a bit more too and see if I can eliminate any variables like other apps running. :0
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), 3 zeroes, and a one. Feel free to copy and paste it directly if you need it.

If you ever want to talk about anything, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out at any time, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out as many people as I can!
bouncy_nature_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v6.gif
Yaaay, keyboard controls! They're really nice, it took a minute to get used to but after a few fights I found a rhythm and it went wonderfully! Well, except for one of my coli team having eliminate in a different slot, so I'm eagerly awaiting being able to rearrange battle stones.

Also echoing what others have said about having a keyboard command for menu/next fight!
Yaaay, keyboard controls! They're really nice, it took a minute to get used to but after a few fights I found a rhythm and it went wonderfully! Well, except for one of my coli team having eliminate in a different slot, so I'm eagerly awaiting being able to rearrange battle stones.

Also echoing what others have said about having a keyboard command for menu/next fight!
RIjZHL1.png
I really enjoy keyboard controls, but I hope we'll be able to customise our keys or at least get a left handed option. I'm left handed so my mouse is on my left and my fingers on the keyboard on the right - so having to use ASDF for keys is awkward and uncomfortable.
I really enjoy keyboard controls, but I hope we'll be able to customise our keys or at least get a left handed option. I'm left handed so my mouse is on my left and my fingers on the keyboard on the right - so having to use ASDF for keys is awkward and uncomfortable.
sig_1_by_rexcaliburr-dbi12t8.pngsig_2_by_rexcaliburr-dbi12t2.pngsig_3_by_rexcaliburr-dbi12su.pngsig_4_by_rexcaliburr-dbi12sq.png
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91