Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 93 94
Now that the page refresh is gone I've given the new coliseum another try. On my laptop, which is my primary access to the site, on the most recent version of Chrome, the new coliseum still seems to run sluggishly even though both the little FPS/ping numbers in the corner read 60. I think it might be the animations maybe? like it feels like the movement of the dragons moving back into line after attacking is slower than the old coliseum, also turning off animations all together makes everything feel like it slows to a crawl waiting for attacks to land and move on. It feels like it takes a little longer to load in the next consecutive monster encounter too, like the page refresh is gone but the coliseum itself refreshes in a way and flashes away between encounters. I don't know if that's actually slowing down my experience or if its just me noticing it and its all in my head. On mobile however on both my iphone 6s and my kindle fire it seems to run fine it seems to run faster and works perfectly fine while also getting 60 on the FPS/ping Edit: I found another user who seems to have the same feelings about the slowness [quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2018-02-13 08:16:16" ] Appreciate the refresh between battles being taken away. It does feel much better now! [b]The coliseum still feels slower though, There's a pause where after you attack, the attacking dragon is moving back into it's position and you can't press the attack button for the next dragon. Doesn't seem to be a thing in the old coliseum, you can press it as soon as the first dragon has hit it's attack. It also loads slower between battles. First the bottom half and the enemy names show up, then the rest of the interface. It's a slight pause but adds up when you're trying to grind.[/b] I'm not getting captcha every three battles so thanks for fixing that bug too. I don't know if you've changed the actual captchas to be easier to read. I still think they need better rewards, one battle really isn't much. [/quote]
Now that the page refresh is gone I've given the new coliseum another try. On my laptop, which is my primary access to the site, on the most recent version of Chrome, the new coliseum still seems to run sluggishly even though both the little FPS/ping numbers in the corner read 60. I think it might be the animations maybe? like it feels like the movement of the dragons moving back into line after attacking is slower than the old coliseum, also turning off animations all together makes everything feel like it slows to a crawl waiting for attacks to land and move on. It feels like it takes a little longer to load in the next consecutive monster encounter too, like the page refresh is gone but the coliseum itself refreshes in a way and flashes away between encounters. I don't know if that's actually slowing down my experience or if its just me noticing it and its all in my head.

On mobile however on both my iphone 6s and my kindle fire it seems to run fine it seems to run faster and works perfectly fine while also getting 60 on the FPS/ping

Edit: I found another user who seems to have the same feelings about the slowness
MurkyDepths wrote on 2018-02-13 08:16:16:
Appreciate the refresh between battles being taken away. It does feel much better now!

The coliseum still feels slower though, There's a pause where after you attack, the attacking dragon is moving back into it's position and you can't press the attack button for the next dragon. Doesn't seem to be a thing in the old coliseum, you can press it as soon as the first dragon has hit it's attack. It also loads slower between battles. First the bottom half and the enemy names show up, then the rest of the interface. It's a slight pause but adds up when you're trying to grind.

I'm not getting captcha every three battles so thanks for fixing that bug too. I don't know if you've changed the actual captchas to be easier to read. I still think they need better rewards, one battle really isn't much.
I like the pick your team the best. Its easier to find which ones you want and which ones you are making into a team. The other parts so so but improving when I go into it. Not as much as I like because i need to farm for food because i have a large clan.
I like the pick your team the best. Its easier to find which ones you want and which ones you are making into a team. The other parts so so but improving when I go into it. Not as much as I like because i need to farm for food because i have a large clan.
The fullscreen mode bug is still a thing. I'm on Opera on Windows 10. I noticed a few other players reporting that the buttons don't respond to clicking. The problem is that the clickable parts are not aligned properly on the screen in fullscreen mode. I streamed a video demonstrating this...

It's about 15 minutes long altogether... The actual fullscreen mode testing starts about 6 minutes, 30 seconds in if you just want to jump to it.
The fullscreen mode bug is still a thing. I'm on Opera on Windows 10. I noticed a few other players reporting that the buttons don't respond to clicking. The problem is that the clickable parts are not aligned properly on the screen in fullscreen mode. I streamed a video demonstrating this...

It's about 15 minutes long altogether... The actual fullscreen mode testing starts about 6 minutes, 30 seconds in if you just want to jump to it.
Yay keyboard controls!!
Yay keyboard controls!!
Played a few rounds of keyboard controls, it went very smoothly! Would like to be able to customize them ,but as it is it works very well.
Played a few rounds of keyboard controls, it went very smoothly! Would like to be able to customize them ,but as it is it works very well.
qPIAGhB.pngFlo0MSh.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img][color=#006ab8]I'm not gonna be using the keyboard, but I just tried it out, and it works nicely! ^^ The only thing I would like would be having "Fight On" and "Main Menu" have keys assigned to them, so that one could just go full keyboard. Awesome work on the coliseum, so far! ~
7xmmeMg.pngI'm not gonna be using the keyboard, but I just tried it out, and it works nicely! ^^ The only thing I would like would be having "Fight On" and "Main Menu" have keys assigned to them, so that one could just go full keyboard.

Awesome work on the coliseum, so far! ~
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
[quote name="Natakiro" date="2018-02-14 12:18:18" ] The only thing I would like would be having "Fight On" and "Main Menu" have keys assigned to them, so that one could just go full keyboard. [/quote] I have to agree. I love the feel of the keyboard controls; they feel extremely smooth and flow well. I'm sure once I get used to them, they'll be faster than mouse. This is only broken up by having to click for the fight on and main menu (or the "flee", "keep fighting"). Also, thank you for removing the refreshes and reducing the captchas. It definitely feels like a more solid experience with reduced waiting time. I'm still hoping for some indication when doing half or double damage with elements. :)
Natakiro wrote on 2018-02-14 12:18:18:
The only thing I would like would be having "Fight On" and "Main Menu" have keys assigned to them, so that one could just go full keyboard.

I have to agree. I love the feel of the keyboard controls; they feel extremely smooth and flow well. I'm sure once I get used to them, they'll be faster than mouse. This is only broken up by having to click for the fight on and main menu (or the "flee", "keep fighting").

Also, thank you for removing the refreshes and reducing the captchas. It definitely feels like a more solid experience with reduced waiting time.

I'm still hoping for some indication when doing half or double damage with elements. :)
tumblr_inline_n1xc79Kcic1rb3m8r.png
[quote name="Seiryuu" date="2018-02-14 12:37:17" ] [quote name="Natakiro" date="2018-02-14 12:18:18" ] The only thing I would like would be having "Fight On" and "Main Menu" have keys assigned to them, so that one could just go full keyboard. [/quote] I have to agree. I love the feel of the keyboard controls; they feel extremely smooth and flow well. I'm sure once I get used to them, they'll be faster than mouse. This is only broken up by having to click for the fight on and main menu (or the "flee", "keep fighting"). Also, thank you for removing the refreshes and reducing the captchas. It definitely feels like a more solid experience with reduced waiting time.[/quote] Agreed. It breaks the flow that you still have to click "Keep fighting" after every battle, but other than that, keyboard control works nicely for me. I'm really looking forward to use it during longer grinding sessions in the future. That and the fact that the page refresh after every battle got removed will make for an extremely pleasant coli experience. :)
Seiryuu wrote on 2018-02-14 12:37:17:
Natakiro wrote on 2018-02-14 12:18:18:
The only thing I would like would be having "Fight On" and "Main Menu" have keys assigned to them, so that one could just go full keyboard.

I have to agree. I love the feel of the keyboard controls; they feel extremely smooth and flow well. I'm sure once I get used to them, they'll be faster than mouse. This is only broken up by having to click for the fight on and main menu (or the "flee", "keep fighting").

Also, thank you for removing the refreshes and reducing the captchas. It definitely feels like a more solid experience with reduced waiting time.

Agreed. It breaks the flow that you still have to click "Keep fighting" after every battle, but other than that, keyboard control works nicely for me. I'm really looking forward to use it during longer grinding sessions in the future.
That and the fact that the page refresh after every battle got removed will make for an extremely pleasant coli experience. :)
UoWLgkH.pngpkpi5Nx.png
I do think the colosseum is a little slower, but it was going by pretty quickly when I had keyboard controls on, and was one-shotting enemies. I don't know if that changes if you're fighting enemies that can actually survive a scratch or two.

I sort of wish there was a way to customize the buttons though. It's very easy to accidentally select the bottom foe, if you're pressing the keyboard buttons too quickly.

I would love to be able to set those as different buttons. Specifically: If I had a choiceI wouldn't be using q at all, and e wouldn't double for Top Attack and Bottom Enemy. Maybe that'll happen at some point.

I do think it breaks things a little when you need to click fight on, but that might make grinding go a little too quickly.
I do think the colosseum is a little slower, but it was going by pretty quickly when I had keyboard controls on, and was one-shotting enemies. I don't know if that changes if you're fighting enemies that can actually survive a scratch or two.

I sort of wish there was a way to customize the buttons though. It's very easy to accidentally select the bottom foe, if you're pressing the keyboard buttons too quickly.

I would love to be able to set those as different buttons. Specifically: If I had a choiceI wouldn't be using q at all, and e wouldn't double for Top Attack and Bottom Enemy. Maybe that'll happen at some point.

I do think it breaks things a little when you need to click fight on, but that might make grinding go a little too quickly.
On all of my Apple devices, quickly tapping in the Coliseum window is mistaken for a quick zoom function, causing the screen to zoom in and out constantly, while tapping at regular intervals is frequently mistaken as a "Select All" function, causing the screen to darken for a split second whenever I tap.
This was never an issue with the old Coliseum. I'm on Safari.

Fullscreen is still broken on mobile. Reloading still shoots pages up to the top, and takes you out of fullscreen.
On all of my Apple devices, quickly tapping in the Coliseum window is mistaken for a quick zoom function, causing the screen to zoom in and out constantly, while tapping at regular intervals is frequently mistaken as a "Select All" function, causing the screen to darken for a split second whenever I tap.
This was never an issue with the old Coliseum. I'm on Safari.

Fullscreen is still broken on mobile. Reloading still shoots pages up to the top, and takes you out of fullscreen.
Salt
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 93 94