Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93 94
@Xhaztol Yes, I believe that was the issue. Thanks for the fast reply!
@Xhaztol Yes, I believe that was the issue. Thanks for the fast reply!
W6mRcKD.png empty space
why are you selecting it
I just had a weird thing happen while I was testing out the beta.
So it concerns the messages you typically get during a battle, for example if an opponent is stunned.
Is it supposed to happen now for when an enemy is disoriented?
(It's never happened to me before)
I wasn't able to actually read the text, I was accidentally scrolled down enough for the text to be cut off
I was in the Arena, if that is relevant.
If you have further questions about this, feel free to ping me.
I just had a weird thing happen while I was testing out the beta.
So it concerns the messages you typically get during a battle, for example if an opponent is stunned.
Is it supposed to happen now for when an enemy is disoriented?
(It's never happened to me before)
I wasn't able to actually read the text, I was accidentally scrolled down enough for the text to be cut off
I was in the Arena, if that is relevant.
If you have further questions about this, feel free to ping me.
eLAndXa.png FooterAds.gif
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
2OTuj7X.png I hoard black orpingtons and black-capped chickadees!
Fantastic, I'm happy about the lack of refreshes between battles! Thank you for that.
Now I'm hoping that the additional delay between turns can be disabled and Camping becomes less frequent, and it will be awesome.

All in all, I've been very pleased with how this release has been going, with all the updates and user-developer interaction. Nice. ^^ I'm looking forward to the final version.
Fantastic, I'm happy about the lack of refreshes between battles! Thank you for that.
Now I'm hoping that the additional delay between turns can be disabled and Camping becomes less frequent, and it will be awesome.

All in all, I've been very pleased with how this release has been going, with all the updates and user-developer interaction. Nice. ^^ I'm looking forward to the final version.
Formerly Weidenbaum. =)
i've got to say, i love that you've implemented dragon sorting for fighter selection, as well as saved teams. those were two of my biggest hang-ups about coli. especially the sorting. i have a lot of dragons, lol. i hope those features stick around. as for the battles themselves, worked fine on my end. fps held steady, effects were good.
i've got to say, i love that you've implemented dragon sorting for fighter selection, as well as saved teams. those were two of my biggest hang-ups about coli. especially the sorting. i have a lot of dragons, lol. i hope those features stick around. as for the battles themselves, worked fine on my end. fps held steady, effects were good.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
DEAN
THEY / THEM

qesQFkT.gif
rkK2lil.png
I'm so confused by the camping addition. I'm getting the error 'you must wait to solve more captchas'

What the heck? I don't like this at all. I'd like to know why I can't fight in the beta coliseum.
I'm so confused by the camping addition. I'm getting the error 'you must wait to solve more captchas'

What the heck? I don't like this at all. I'd like to know why I can't fight in the beta coliseum.
@PastaTea that means you answered too many captchas wrong
@PastaTea that means you answered too many captchas wrong
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Now that the refresh between every battle has been removed the coli beta looks smoother as it doesn't re-initialize all the elements all the time. That wasn't really an issue for me due a fast internet connection but I expect some people with slower connections might've found that extra annoying.

Still doing quite good with the memory optimization as the old coli tends to stove a lot of trash into memory, especially if you hop around a lot of venues without refreshing the page in between. (For comparison, I did a 15 minute test with a change of venue at mid point on each coli and the old coli page ate about 37.6 mb memory at the end and the new one only 16.4, which is a MASSIVE improvement!)
Now that the refresh between every battle has been removed the coli beta looks smoother as it doesn't re-initialize all the elements all the time. That wasn't really an issue for me due a fast internet connection but I expect some people with slower connections might've found that extra annoying.

Still doing quite good with the memory optimization as the old coli tends to stove a lot of trash into memory, especially if you hop around a lot of venues without refreshing the page in between. (For comparison, I did a 15 minute test with a change of venue at mid point on each coli and the old coli page ate about 37.6 mb memory at the end and the new one only 16.4, which is a MASSIVE improvement!)
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
Can I just say thank you so much for removing the refresh. It was a real issue on my internet/network setup, so I can't say it enough on how appreciative I am with it gone ♥

It is soooo much better, now that that's been dealt with. :D Quite fast on mobile, too! Now, for desktop, it actually loads faster than the old one, which is great, since that was the point.

Anyway, that was the only real problem I had with the new coliseum (besides the little things, like turn order, slight delay between turns, and captcha size - which are all being looked into), so I am now very much looking forward to the official release :3
Can I just say thank you so much for removing the refresh. It was a real issue on my internet/network setup, so I can't say it enough on how appreciative I am with it gone ♥

It is soooo much better, now that that's been dealt with. :D Quite fast on mobile, too! Now, for desktop, it actually loads faster than the old one, which is great, since that was the point.

Anyway, that was the only real problem I had with the new coliseum (besides the little things, like turn order, slight delay between turns, and captcha size - which are all being looked into), so I am now very much looking forward to the official release :3
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't bothered by the refresh at all and I had no issues with latency/lag on my devices, mobile or otherwise. I actually kind of liked it because it felt like my notifications were updating in real time as I battled. I remember testing the beta day one, getting a PM, noticing the alert right away and being pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to manually refresh to do so!

Is there any reason from a programming/moderating standpoint to keep this feature in? If so, maybe make it an optional feature and give a small incentive for battling with refresh on? Something negligible, but still nice. Like, idk 5-10 treasure earned at every battle end (refresh). That's a bad example because it should be something that doesn't disadvantage players with slow connections.

Alternately there's a toggle option for animations due to either epileptic/seizure triggers or gpu processing I'm assuming, maybe offer a toggle option for refresh as well, but have it by default enabled if that's how it ideally functions?
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I wasn't bothered by the refresh at all and I had no issues with latency/lag on my devices, mobile or otherwise. I actually kind of liked it because it felt like my notifications were updating in real time as I battled. I remember testing the beta day one, getting a PM, noticing the alert right away and being pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to manually refresh to do so!

Is there any reason from a programming/moderating standpoint to keep this feature in? If so, maybe make it an optional feature and give a small incentive for battling with refresh on? Something negligible, but still nice. Like, idk 5-10 treasure earned at every battle end (refresh). That's a bad example because it should be something that doesn't disadvantage players with slow connections.

Alternately there's a toggle option for animations due to either epileptic/seizure triggers or gpu processing I'm assuming, maybe offer a toggle option for refresh as well, but have it by default enabled if that's how it ideally functions?
aUBv6Nx.png ... ~ Ink / fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png / all pronouns -/-/-/-/-/-/- Pinkerlocke | f2u Bio Banners
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc...ccccccccc...Inkpot Accent Shop

_ ______________ _ _ _

Empty your mind.
Be formless. Shapeless, like water. //
...XBYSamS.png
I am using Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit).
On the old coli, if you click fullscreen and press escape, it goes to a windowed fullscreen.
The beta coli still just exits out of fullscreen completely.

Fullscreen play on mobile is much smoother without the refresh! The last update on my phone's internet browser made clicking on stuff wonky (unresponsive, thinking I intend to highlight everything, etc), the beta coli makes it normal again.

@Laeyein
You can see your Firefox version from the dropdown menu Help -> About Firefox. IDK where you find mobile's.
I am using Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit).
On the old coli, if you click fullscreen and press escape, it goes to a windowed fullscreen.
The beta coli still just exits out of fullscreen completely.

Fullscreen play on mobile is much smoother without the refresh! The last update on my phone's internet browser made clicking on stuff wonky (unresponsive, thinking I intend to highlight everything, etc), the beta coli makes it normal again.

@Laeyein
You can see your Firefox version from the dropdown menu Help -> About Firefox. IDK where you find mobile's.

+2 FR time (Central)
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93 94