Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update December 2017
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 67 68
HYPE
HYPE
Weewoo, weewoo, I'm allergic to sirens
For the most part I like the thin ribbon better, but I prefer the thick variant for the wing-ribbons...If only there were a way to vote for a mix...
For the most part I like the thin ribbon better, but I prefer the thick variant for the wing-ribbons...If only there were a way to vote for a mix...
tumblrsig.png accentsig.png CommSig.png
[b]Can we please have a small warning 24 hours or so before an apparel set gest rewamped?[/b] That way we could save the photos of how our dragons looked before. Earlier my Mitch looked like a real gangster, but after the rewamp she looks like a cute sheriff. I would like to show you what she looked like before, but I don't have any pictures of it :( [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27935807] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/279359/27935807_350.png[/img] [/url]
Can we please have a small warning 24 hours or so before an apparel set gest rewamped?

That way we could save the photos of how our dragons looked before. Earlier my Mitch looked like a real gangster, but after the rewamp she looks like a cute sheriff. I would like to show you what she looked like before, but I don't have any pictures of it :(

27935807_350.png
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
And now I'm crossing my fingers for a tropical inspired flower lei with hibiscus or mixed colours...
And now I'm crossing my fingers for a tropical inspired flower lei with hibiscus or mixed colours...
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
[quote name="Meyoline" date=2017-12-27 11:58:14] Echoing what a few have already said, I would prefer the existing old bows remain, and then whichever set wins the poll gets released as a new/expanded set. This wouldn't add any extra work to the staff - it would actually give them less work, as the old items wouldn't have to be removed. And since I saw it mentioned in the example - I like the Steampunk set as-is. I use it frequently on several dragons. Expanding on it I could see, like adding pantaloons (and invalidating that Tomo question, heh) but if it gets completely redone in an entirely new style, I would be badly disappointed. :-/ In such a case, again, I would rather see a new-style steampunkish set released on top of the pre-existing steampunk set. [b]I totally understand wanting to keep site style consistent, but that is a moving target as it is. While some older items may not be as 'fancy' as newer ones, they still serve very specific and useful purposes for a great number of site members.[/b] Having additional options is never a bad thing. Taking them away, is. [/quote] The part in bold is exactly what I'm thinking of. The new apparel may be prettier at some points, but they don't always keep the [i]feeling[/i] that the old set has. Cool, cute, bad, old... Some apparel change [i]attitude [/i]when they get get rewamped and that is the real problem. Edit: I'm done now :) Have a wonderful day - you deserve it!
Meyoline wrote on 2017-12-27:
Echoing what a few have already said, I would prefer the existing old bows remain, and then whichever set wins the poll gets released as a new/expanded set. This wouldn't add any extra work to the staff - it would actually give them less work, as the old items wouldn't have to be removed.

And since I saw it mentioned in the example - I like the Steampunk set as-is. I use it frequently on several dragons. Expanding on it I could see, like adding pantaloons (and invalidating that Tomo question, heh) but if it gets completely redone in an entirely new style, I would be badly disappointed. :-/ In such a case, again, I would rather see a new-style steampunkish set released on top of the pre-existing steampunk set.

I totally understand wanting to keep site style consistent, but that is a moving target as it is. While some older items may not be as 'fancy' as newer ones, they still serve very specific and useful purposes for a great number of site members. Having additional options is never a bad thing. Taking them away, is.

The part in bold is exactly what I'm thinking of. The new apparel may be prettier at some points, but they don't always keep the feeling that the old set has. Cool, cute, bad, old... Some apparel change attitude when they get get rewamped and that is the real problem.

Edit: I'm done now :) Have a wonderful day - you deserve it!
Omg I love both the ribbons <3
I like the shape on the thin head ribbon more but the thick is more "Visible"
Omg I love both the ribbons <3
I like the shape on the thin head ribbon more but the thick is more "Visible"
Love both designs and am totally thrilled there will be ribbons for the wings. I voted for the thick ones but would love to see both sets, as well. :) Also, personally I'd love them to be a tiny bit shinier but that's just my preference. :D
Love both designs and am totally thrilled there will be ribbons for the wings. I voted for the thick ones but would love to see both sets, as well. :) Also, personally I'd love them to be a tiny bit shinier but that's just my preference. :D
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
The username force change makes me a little upset. Though I understand wanting to keep account security issues to a minimum, it also takes away possible special names, usernames, nicknames away from people. Maybe it's something that, yes people use constantly, is something someone always wants to be recognised as. Like from different sites, console's videos etc. Sometimes usernames are someone's 'brand' and forcing them to change it kinda hurts. Or maybe it took someone hours, days,weeks or months to figure out because they wanted something special?
The username force change makes me a little upset. Though I understand wanting to keep account security issues to a minimum, it also takes away possible special names, usernames, nicknames away from people. Maybe it's something that, yes people use constantly, is something someone always wants to be recognised as. Like from different sites, console's videos etc. Sometimes usernames are someone's 'brand' and forcing them to change it kinda hurts. Or maybe it took someone hours, days,weeks or months to figure out because they wanted something special?
leafahresize_by_lizziecat1279-d772bul.png
Voted!
Voted!
lJQFrFF.png ww7QpZEh_o.gif hey, i'm savato!
fgKwRJl7_o.gif he/him they/them ae/aer/aers
fgKwRJl7_o.gif FR time +0
fgKwRJl7_o.gif IKTR players: please click here!
Seriously though, what are the chances of us at least getting each arm/leg to be a different apparel item. I understand that it would suck for some people who can't afford to unlock more apparel space, but I know I'm not the only one who has dragons that they only want the bow on one leg for, and it would also add a fun aspect of having different colors for each leg!
Seriously though, what are the chances of us at least getting each arm/leg to be a different apparel item. I understand that it would suck for some people who can't afford to unlock more apparel space, but I know I'm not the only one who has dragons that they only want the bow on one leg for, and it would also add a fun aspect of having different colors for each leg!
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 67 68