Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update December 2017
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 67 68
[quote name="Midorikage" date=2017-12-22 12:03:40] I feel like most people are missing the true problem of the thin ribbons THEY ARE NOT A REVAMP they are totally different items it would screw up so many outfits why did they even think it would be a good idea I seriously hope the thick set is the one being used as revamp, the other is just too screwed and different to be used, it would feel like a big middle finger to users who are already using them [/quote] I completely agree with this. The thin ribbons would completely ruin so many existing outfits. The thin ones would be a [i]replacement[/i]. Not a [i]revamp[/i].
Midorikage wrote on 2017-12-22:
I feel like most people are missing the true problem of the thin ribbons

THEY ARE NOT A REVAMP
they are totally different items
it would screw up so many outfits

why did they even think it would be a good idea
I seriously hope the thick set is the one being used as revamp, the other is just too screwed and different to be used, it would feel like a big middle finger to users who are already using them
I completely agree with this. The thin ribbons would completely ruin so many existing outfits.

The thin ones would be a replacement. Not a revamp.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Bows! I'm liking the thin one~
Bows! I'm liking the thin one~
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
[quote name="Undel" date=2017-12-22 11:47:16] We're happy that everyone is so enthusiastic about both options. For this revamp we are only going to be creating and releasing ONE set of bows. So please choose the one that you enjoy most! To go a little more in-depth - The time and resources spent creating a second set of bows with custom artwork (that shares a striking amount of similarities and placement as first set of bows) is something that could be spent on another complete apparel set: For example, revamping the steampunk set. Or revamping and expanding the flowers set. Diversifying our releases helps to keep the game fresh. Two similar bow sets created back-to-back is not something we are looking at. That's not to say that if we do bows once we'll never do them again in the future. Obviously we have more than one set of armor/jewelry -and that's to the benefit of the game. But for this revamp, we need you to choose your favorite option! [/quote] The two bow sets wouldn't need to be released back to back. Maybe you could release the thick version as a true revamp and the thinner version at a later date as part of a "Ballerina" set. A lot of people enjoy the idea of the thin bows but they're too much of a departure from the original and may mess up established dragon outfits. If they were incorporated into an entirely new bow themed or vaguely bow themed set, a lot of players would be happy and of course, the artists wouldn't need to work on that set right away (I can wait, Steampunk revamp would be amazing) just sometime in the future for these, when releasing another bow set would feel more appropriate.
Undel wrote on 2017-12-22:
We're happy that everyone is so enthusiastic about both options. For this revamp we are only going to be creating and releasing ONE set of bows. So please choose the one that you enjoy most!

To go a little more in-depth - The time and resources spent creating a second set of bows with custom artwork (that shares a striking amount of similarities and placement as first set of bows) is something that could be spent on another complete apparel set: For example, revamping the steampunk set. Or revamping and expanding the flowers set. Diversifying our releases helps to keep the game fresh. Two similar bow sets created back-to-back is not something we are looking at.

That's not to say that if we do bows once we'll never do them again in the future. Obviously we have more than one set of armor/jewelry -and that's to the benefit of the game. But for this revamp, we need you to choose your favorite option!

The two bow sets wouldn't need to be released back to back. Maybe you could release the thick version as a true revamp and the thinner version at a later date as part of a "Ballerina" set.

A lot of people enjoy the idea of the thin bows but they're too much of a departure from the original and may mess up established dragon outfits. If they were incorporated into an entirely new bow themed or vaguely bow themed set, a lot of players would be happy and of course, the artists wouldn't need to work on that set right away (I can wait, Steampunk revamp would be amazing) just sometime in the future for these, when releasing another bow set would feel more appropriate.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

I prefer the look of the thicker ribbons! The thin ribbons just don't look as nice imo.
I prefer the look of the thicker ribbons! The thin ribbons just don't look as nice imo.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
[quote name="Undel" date=2017-12-22 11:47:16] [i] For example, revamping the steampunk set. Or revamping and expanding the flowers set. [/i] [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/BYhW9e5.png[/img]
Undel wrote on 2017-12-22:
For example, revamping the steampunk set. Or revamping and expanding the flowers set.

BYhW9e5.png
DbPd1nP.png
This is difficult because personally I love the big fat bows, but I do like the looks of the thinner ribbons, especially on the legs, tail, and wings

Ultimately I'll go with the thicc bows since imo they're closer to the old bows
This is difficult because personally I love the big fat bows, but I do like the looks of the thinner ribbons, especially on the legs, tail, and wings

Ultimately I'll go with the thicc bows since imo they're closer to the old bows
aJyYWw6.png
i like the thin ribbons. Thicker ones looked too much like Pink silks.
i like the thin ribbons. Thicker ones looked too much like Pink silks.
Howww abouuut we leave the old bows alone, and put in "Dainty Bows" (the small ones) with lace instead of ribbon and "Bold Bows" which are the bigger ones? And have connecting lace or ribbon on those?
Because tbh all the new laces do is ruin the layerability of the old set. If you must do something like that just add a new apparel set and leave the old stuff alone. A lot of your apparel revamps just take out unique, nice sets with outdated shading or color that are generally liked and are already on tons of dragons and it's going to completely ruin anyone who has the old bows put ontop of other apparel.
Don't get me wrong, the artwork is great, but it literally is the exact same concept as the Lace Ribbon sets y'all just released! The old art is already on the site! No one's saying you have to remove it! Just change the name and add another apparel set! The Hanks and the Brimmers were amazing when I joined site and I loved them on the dragons I already had them on but when they got changed it ruined their whole look! I appreciate the new artwork, honestly, but it's a different look and feel entirely and will absolutely ruin what people are trying to go for currently if you just. change. everything. again.

Honestly it's part of why I lost love for this site, you guys keep smothering individuality on your own site because the artwork may be too old or too different or too risky and it's driving me nuts. If you guys are so worried about updating art, why don't you update the oldest art on site, the Dragons themselves?
Howww abouuut we leave the old bows alone, and put in "Dainty Bows" (the small ones) with lace instead of ribbon and "Bold Bows" which are the bigger ones? And have connecting lace or ribbon on those?
Because tbh all the new laces do is ruin the layerability of the old set. If you must do something like that just add a new apparel set and leave the old stuff alone. A lot of your apparel revamps just take out unique, nice sets with outdated shading or color that are generally liked and are already on tons of dragons and it's going to completely ruin anyone who has the old bows put ontop of other apparel.
Don't get me wrong, the artwork is great, but it literally is the exact same concept as the Lace Ribbon sets y'all just released! The old art is already on the site! No one's saying you have to remove it! Just change the name and add another apparel set! The Hanks and the Brimmers were amazing when I joined site and I loved them on the dragons I already had them on but when they got changed it ruined their whole look! I appreciate the new artwork, honestly, but it's a different look and feel entirely and will absolutely ruin what people are trying to go for currently if you just. change. everything. again.

Honestly it's part of why I lost love for this site, you guys keep smothering individuality on your own site because the artwork may be too old or too different or too risky and it's driving me nuts. If you guys are so worried about updating art, why don't you update the oldest art on site, the Dragons themselves?
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Ooh, both are so pretty! That's a hard choice. Can we have both??
Ooh, both are so pretty! That's a hard choice. Can we have both??
[quote name="EclipseDragon" date=2017-12-22 12:11:27] The two bow sets wouldn't need to be released back to back. Maybe you could release the thick version as a true revamp and the thinner version at a later date as part of a "Ballerina" set. [/quote] [i][b]THIS.[/b][/i] As I said in my earlier post, the thin ribbons aren't a revamp. They're a replacement that would not fill the same role as the current bows.
EclipseDragon wrote on 2017-12-22:

The two bow sets wouldn't need to be released back to back. Maybe you could release the thick version as a true revamp and the thinner version at a later date as part of a "Ballerina" set.
THIS.
As I said in my earlier post, the thin ribbons aren't a revamp. They're a replacement that would not fill the same role as the current bows.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 67 68