Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
[quote name="ReyFairchild" date=2017-11-28 09:12:29] [quote name="Silverhame" date=2017-11-28 09:07:42] take the bears entirely out of chests and put them in the MP for the normal MP familiar price of 10-20kt...That way it is still obtainable/affordable for newbies, but older players need never see them ever again. [/quote] New players aren't scrambling to get their bears before they disappear and older players don't have to look twice at them; a perfectly agreeable solution ! [/quote] ^ Even though the prices for the bears are really cheap in the AH, this would be something I would be totally down for. Either this, or just retire them completely, like a lot of us stated earlier in the thread.
ReyFairchild wrote on 2017-11-28:
Silverhame wrote on 2017-11-28:
take the bears entirely out of chests and put them in the MP for the normal MP familiar price of 10-20kt...That way it is still obtainable/affordable for newbies, but older players need never see them ever again.

New players aren't scrambling to get their bears before they disappear and older players don't have to look twice at them; a perfectly agreeable solution !

^ Even though the prices for the bears are really cheap in the AH, this would be something I would be totally down for. Either this, or just retire them completely, like a lot of us stated earlier in the thread.
w7Z8MA5.png
I would hate to see them in the spare inventory. Imagine spending that much treasure on a box and getting one of the bears out of it that you already have 230487 of and that are on the AH for 3kt. No change should be made. They should just get increasingly rarer as new items are added to the NotN event.
I would hate to see them in the spare inventory. Imagine spending that much treasure on a box and getting one of the bears out of it that you already have 230487 of and that are on the AH for 3kt. No change should be made. They should just get increasingly rarer as new items are added to the NotN event.
LkR1s2d.png
(Chants)
NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!
(Chants)
NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!NO CHANGE TO NOtN!
Weewoo, weewoo, I'm allergic to sirens
do bears eat themselves if they eat BAERys i made the typo on purpose btw also that was a stupid pun of mine
do bears eat themselves if they eat BAERys i made the typo on purpose btw also that was a stupid pun of mine
GHYyZaqaAAA4iym.png
Don't retire them, please.
Don't retire them, please.
nqvWszd.pngLycaon1765p.gifsVQ6W82.pngCoEXf1M.png
No change please.
No change please.
plaguebringer_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kkk4e.png
Welp, the poll has been closed for a couple of days now. I wonder what the results will be?
Welp, the poll has been closed for a couple of days now. I wonder what the results will be?
hFT3jNj.png6Hk7Zjx.gif
I'm super late to this but I remember when I was still a new player, I was excited about buying a bear because they were pretty familiars. I believed I paid at least 25k+ for the wind one? I was a little disappointed when they dropped down to 5k during the Night of Nocturne though :'D I also remember the arcane being a vast sum of 80k for some reason Owo I think that means bears can still be in demand! :> Especially to new players who don't know of them yet
I'm super late to this but I remember when I was still a new player, I was excited about buying a bear because they were pretty familiars. I believed I paid at least 25k+ for the wind one? I was a little disappointed when they dropped down to 5k during the Night of Nocturne though :'D I also remember the arcane being a vast sum of 80k for some reason Owo I think that means bears can still be in demand! :> Especially to new players who don't know of them yet
Now that the Poll is over, I'll leave my personal thoughts here.

I personally think it would be wise to move the bears over to Joxar's Spare Inventory as stated. They can be bought with tokens as well as have an additional chance of appearing in Joxar's chests, in addition to skins, crowns, the new stuff and the like. Staff has made it clear many times that they do not wish to retire the bears, and I do not wish to see them get to the point where they are prohibitively expensive for newer players. I do not wish to see them get to the same price as a sprite.

I do wish to see them moved from the Strange Chests, as to allow other NOTN items to shine though and hopefully allow other players a sigh of relief from them. Moving them to Spare Inventory and allowing them to be available for those who want them (And occasionally those who don't to sell for cheaper prices on the Auction House) seems to be the best compromise of having too many of the bears. They're available for newer players who wish to get them, and are not such a flood for those who already have them.

EDIT 12/15: This was a smart move by developers. As long as it doesn't interfere with others abilities to get other bonus items due to their oversaturation, I too will be happy!

Insert jokes involving wordplay on bears here.
Now that the Poll is over, I'll leave my personal thoughts here.

I personally think it would be wise to move the bears over to Joxar's Spare Inventory as stated. They can be bought with tokens as well as have an additional chance of appearing in Joxar's chests, in addition to skins, crowns, the new stuff and the like. Staff has made it clear many times that they do not wish to retire the bears, and I do not wish to see them get to the point where they are prohibitively expensive for newer players. I do not wish to see them get to the same price as a sprite.

I do wish to see them moved from the Strange Chests, as to allow other NOTN items to shine though and hopefully allow other players a sigh of relief from them. Moving them to Spare Inventory and allowing them to be available for those who want them (And occasionally those who don't to sell for cheaper prices on the Auction House) seems to be the best compromise of having too many of the bears. They're available for newer players who wish to get them, and are not such a flood for those who already have them.

EDIT 12/15: This was a smart move by developers. As long as it doesn't interfere with others abilities to get other bonus items due to their oversaturation, I too will be happy!

Insert jokes involving wordplay on bears here.
takfb5.png
[quote name="Rookery" date=2017-11-30 13:34:07] [quote name="ReyFairchild" date=2017-11-28 09:12:29] [quote name="Silverhame" date=2017-11-28 09:07:42] take the bears entirely out of chests and put them in the MP for the normal MP familiar price of 10-20kt...That way it is still obtainable/affordable for newbies, but older players need never see them ever again. [/quote] New players aren't scrambling to get their bears before they disappear and older players don't have to look twice at them; a perfectly agreeable solution ! [/quote] ^ Even though the prices for the bears are really cheap in the AH, this would be something I would be totally down for. Either this, or just retire them completely, like a lot of us stated earlier in the thread. [/quote] I'd personally prefer this to them going to Joxar's. I don't want worthless items in my very expensive chest ahaha.
Rookery wrote on 2017-11-30:
ReyFairchild wrote on 2017-11-28:
Silverhame wrote on 2017-11-28:
take the bears entirely out of chests and put them in the MP for the normal MP familiar price of 10-20kt...That way it is still obtainable/affordable for newbies, but older players need never see them ever again.

New players aren't scrambling to get their bears before they disappear and older players don't have to look twice at them; a perfectly agreeable solution !

^ Even though the prices for the bears are really cheap in the AH, this would be something I would be totally down for. Either this, or just retire them completely, like a lot of us stated earlier in the thread.

I'd personally prefer this to them going to Joxar's. I don't want worthless items in my very expensive chest ahaha.
K6TNbNL.pngeIe2Cpu.png45AGycp.pngCHzbQF6.pngLrK9u2q.png
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91