Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 90 91
[quote name="Undel" date=2017-11-20 21:00:11] Thanks for your feedback guys. We talked it over with the team and we do see how paying 80K and receiving an item that's been oversaturated in return could be a bit upsetting. As such, we're gonna change the poll option for if we do Joxar. If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. So if you get a bear from Joxar, it'll be in addition to a past holiday item or recolor, not instead of. Editing main post and poll now to reflect that. :) [/quote] this just sealed the deal. i hope joxar likes his new pet bears.
Undel wrote on 2017-11-20:
Thanks for your feedback guys.

We talked it over with the team and we do see how paying 80K and receiving an item that's been oversaturated in return could be a bit upsetting. As such, we're gonna change the poll option for if we do Joxar. If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. So if you get a bear from Joxar, it'll be in addition to a past holiday item or recolor, not instead of.

Editing main post and poll now to reflect that. :)

this just sealed the deal. i hope joxar likes his new pet bears.
NY105Sx.gif
I'd prefer retirement, but if we have to keep them, then maybe at least cycling out for a while like others have suggested or drastically decreasing their drop rates?
I'd prefer retirement, but if we have to keep them, then maybe at least cycling out for a while like others have suggested or drastically decreasing their drop rates?
windtop.png
@Aequorin
Bruh, that banner is perfect. ;)
@Aequorin
Bruh, that banner is perfect. ;)
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
Oh, awesome! I'm pretty excited about the opportunity for change.
Oh, awesome! I'm pretty excited about the opportunity for change.
No more bears from whatever chests. [img]http://oi67.tinypic.com/fy3dav.jpg[/img]
No more bears from whatever chests.
fy3dav.jpg
lacrimosa01.png
tbh I kinda like the bears and don't have them all yet ^_^ I like the irony of Awakening the Slumbering Charlatan
tbh I kinda like the bears and don't have them all yet ^_^ I like the irony of Awakening the Slumbering Charlatan
DRAGONS WANTED Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's little nut that held its ground.

Dragons For Adoption
I think there should be a third option for retiring the bears entirely.
I think there should be a third option for retiring the bears entirely.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
I have to agree, I'd much prefer if the bears were finally let go and retired. They are practically worthless now. While paying 80k for a bear that won't even sell for half that much sucks and would bring me rage as well, I believe it's better in the long run for their value. Every year, new players come in. Every year, there's more NotN stuff. While yes, you may get some cool new stuff in a Strange Chest. You know what you also might get A BEAR THAT'S WORTH ALMOST NOTHING. And sure, by shear numbers you could say every year you're less likely to get a bear. While that is true, the theory doesn't always match reality and the market for bears is still horrible. At least with Joxar, less new bears would be able to be introduced into the market in the first place. Though again, I firmly believe that the bears NEED TO BE FLAT OUT RETIRED. The market is already flooded, they already have bearly any value and a ton of people are absolutely sick of them.

On another note, NotN needs to be revamped entirely, but that's another rant for another day.

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. Bears would come as a bonus if they're pulled from the chest at all. I still think they should be retired, but this is a far better fate for these poor creatures.
I have to agree, I'd much prefer if the bears were finally let go and retired. They are practically worthless now. While paying 80k for a bear that won't even sell for half that much sucks and would bring me rage as well, I believe it's better in the long run for their value. Every year, new players come in. Every year, there's more NotN stuff. While yes, you may get some cool new stuff in a Strange Chest. You know what you also might get A BEAR THAT'S WORTH ALMOST NOTHING. And sure, by shear numbers you could say every year you're less likely to get a bear. While that is true, the theory doesn't always match reality and the market for bears is still horrible. At least with Joxar, less new bears would be able to be introduced into the market in the first place. Though again, I firmly believe that the bears NEED TO BE FLAT OUT RETIRED. The market is already flooded, they already have bearly any value and a ton of people are absolutely sick of them.

On another note, NotN needs to be revamped entirely, but that's another rant for another day.

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. Bears would come as a bonus if they're pulled from the chest at all. I still think they should be retired, but this is a far better fate for these poor creatures.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
While it will lessen the chance of getting decent items from Joxar's Chest, I definitely think the bears should be moved there. They were the only familiar to not retire at the time, and there are waaaay too many on the site. Plus, it'll give us a better chance of getting something good from Strange Chests (as I hope new NotN familiars will be added yearly), as well as reduce the number on the market, which in turn will raise the price of bears (finally).

While the above makes it clear which way I've cast my vote, I'd like to add on something that I hope the devs read. I would like the bears to stay out of circulation until at LEAST Dec 2018. I still can't sell bears I've had since the first NotN, and I've had them on the AH for....a while now. Six months is hardly enough time to reduce the number of bears, and I think making everyone wait a year for them to reappear in Joxar's would be better than releasing them on FR's anniversary.

also thank you so much for making the bears the EXTRA item chance and not the main item. I'd throw a fit if I paid 80k for a chest and wound up with a common bear as my only spoils.
While it will lessen the chance of getting decent items from Joxar's Chest, I definitely think the bears should be moved there. They were the only familiar to not retire at the time, and there are waaaay too many on the site. Plus, it'll give us a better chance of getting something good from Strange Chests (as I hope new NotN familiars will be added yearly), as well as reduce the number on the market, which in turn will raise the price of bears (finally).

While the above makes it clear which way I've cast my vote, I'd like to add on something that I hope the devs read. I would like the bears to stay out of circulation until at LEAST Dec 2018. I still can't sell bears I've had since the first NotN, and I've had them on the AH for....a while now. Six months is hardly enough time to reduce the number of bears, and I think making everyone wait a year for them to reappear in Joxar's would be better than releasing them on FR's anniversary.

also thank you so much for making the bears the EXTRA item chance and not the main item. I'd throw a fit if I paid 80k for a chest and wound up with a common bear as my only spoils.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
I voted to have them not be a part of this event. I've never actually participated in this event, nor do I own any of the bears, so I guess I don't have as much of a stake as some other folks. But that's probably why I'm not so attached to keeping to tradition, either. :)
I voted to have them not be a part of this event. I've never actually participated in this event, nor do I own any of the bears, so I guess I don't have as much of a stake as some other folks. But that's probably why I'm not so attached to keeping to tradition, either. :)
mxk5Q9c.png / 0LmIW1J.png / gASzi6V.png
9eXyW7h.png
t9QFlJ1.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 90 91