Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, October 2017
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36
MERCH!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY
MERCH!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
I voted halftone only because there's no way to tell what colors you'd offer on a shirt and while I'm pretty much guaranteed to like any lineart/halftone images, there are a lot of color combos I just wouldn't be interested in.

And if you're doing clothing... I really hope you consider hoodies. I'd even buy a hoodie with just a flight rising logo on the back!
I voted halftone only because there's no way to tell what colors you'd offer on a shirt and while I'm pretty much guaranteed to like any lineart/halftone images, there are a lot of color combos I just wouldn't be interested in.

And if you're doing clothing... I really hope you consider hoodies. I'd even buy a hoodie with just a flight rising logo on the back!
tumblr_pe38ivw9vU1rc4grco1_500.png
EYYYYY YEEEE
EYYYYY YEEEE
Frankenstein3.jpg
Hype!

Also all these new familiars <3
Hype!

Also all these new familiars <3
ji7Ja69.png______________MbQpXUR.gifA8YwNGs.gif______________ODwPvZt.png
I think the Merch idea is an excellent one, and will benefit FR (and the folks who have put soooo much time and effort into it).

Don't forget to add the FR logo to the shirts ;) Can't have Merch that's going out w/out a little marketing in there. ;) <3

I'm actually kind of excited. I'd love to be able to get the B&W ones because I could then get like three, and color them with my kids. On that thought - you might want to consider coloring books. There are services that allow you to pay for a digital copy and print out your own stuff (unless you'd rather just find a way like maybe Amazon, to print your own books).

^.^ I know you've likely thought about a lot of this already, so forgive me to the excited "Oh But how about this" reaction here. :) <3

~~
Side note:

I'm going to pop this idea in here

Why not offer a "shop" feature for creatives to sell their work *through* FR (and this way FR gets Merch, plus a percentage, and can vet/"hire"/"contract" artists w/out the need to pay them a fee)?

Kinda like how Dev Art or Red Bubble does it? Just, through FR.

I know copyright is a touchy thing, and there are a LOT of loopholes to plug up, and what not, to protect the IP. I've been mulling on what I do know, and thought this might be a way to satisfy several items at once.

I <3 <3 <3 the fact FR is so forgiving with their copyright (allowing fanart at all is a huge thing)! It would also require more dev work for the team - and this may not be doable anyway- but I figured I'd offer the thought. :)

<3 you guys! You do amazing work on a game that's just so amazing. :)

I think the Merch idea is an excellent one, and will benefit FR (and the folks who have put soooo much time and effort into it).

Don't forget to add the FR logo to the shirts ;) Can't have Merch that's going out w/out a little marketing in there. ;) <3

I'm actually kind of excited. I'd love to be able to get the B&W ones because I could then get like three, and color them with my kids. On that thought - you might want to consider coloring books. There are services that allow you to pay for a digital copy and print out your own stuff (unless you'd rather just find a way like maybe Amazon, to print your own books).

^.^ I know you've likely thought about a lot of this already, so forgive me to the excited "Oh But how about this" reaction here. :) <3

~~
Side note:

I'm going to pop this idea in here

Why not offer a "shop" feature for creatives to sell their work *through* FR (and this way FR gets Merch, plus a percentage, and can vet/"hire"/"contract" artists w/out the need to pay them a fee)?

Kinda like how Dev Art or Red Bubble does it? Just, through FR.

I know copyright is a touchy thing, and there are a LOT of loopholes to plug up, and what not, to protect the IP. I've been mulling on what I do know, and thought this might be a way to satisfy several items at once.

I <3 <3 <3 the fact FR is so forgiving with their copyright (allowing fanart at all is a huge thing)! It would also require more dev work for the team - and this may not be doable anyway- but I figured I'd offer the thought. :)

<3 you guys! You do amazing work on a game that's just so amazing. :)

The arena approaches. The potential shirt designs look good, too! Maybe someday there could be plushes? I get the idea they'd be more expensive, though, but I can dream!
The arena approaches. The potential shirt designs look good, too! Maybe someday there could be plushes? I get the idea they'd be more expensive, though, but I can dream!
cvhDu9P.gif
It's so beautiful!!!! Also development is always a great idea :D
It's so beautiful!!!! Also development is always a great idea :D
Look at all the art projects you have just made for me :p

So excited!!!
Look at all the art projects you have just made for me :p

So excited!!!
YAzXKmc.gif
So Arena Redux, RoR and then Tapir?
Interesting...
So Arena Redux, RoR and then Tapir?
Interesting...
This is the best update we've gotten in a while, thank you. Too bad I can't find my charger for my laptop otherwise I would participate in the coloring contest!
This is the best update we've gotten in a while, thank you. Too bad I can't find my charger for my laptop otherwise I would participate in the coloring contest!
tott2pattern_by_annobethal-dcnie4r.pngwishlist-png.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36