Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2017
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
theres gonna be Sandsverse dragons now oh lord...,,
theres gonna be Sandsverse dragons now oh lord...,,
VE9B0fA.png
I have to agree with what I've seen a lot of other players say - I prefer the wings of 1, but the body of 2. The markings on the wings of 2 are too small and the markings on the body of 1 too big and clunky, IMO. It's a shame we couldn't vote for body and wings separately.

Other than that, I still love the idea, especially since it is a very natural looking marking. I'll definitely be using it when it comes out!

I'm also super happy to see the results of the caption contest! I've been waiting impatiently for those results for a month! I'm loving the captions - congrats to all winners! And now to gather all the new items and hoard them away!
I have to agree with what I've seen a lot of other players say - I prefer the wings of 1, but the body of 2. The markings on the wings of 2 are too small and the markings on the body of 1 too big and clunky, IMO. It's a shame we couldn't vote for body and wings separately.

Other than that, I still love the idea, especially since it is a very natural looking marking. I'll definitely be using it when it comes out!

I'm also super happy to see the results of the caption contest! I've been waiting impatiently for those results for a month! I'm loving the captions - congrats to all winners! And now to gather all the new items and hoard them away!
Wow.
Wow.
tumblr_nonnjrCJjU1uw8pgho1_500.png
Where be the Welcome Week post tho--
Where be the Welcome Week post tho--
I'm glad that I read some comments before voting, didn't realise this was two genes (I only noticed the primary).
And as many have said I too would've liked to vote seperately for secondary and primary.

Overall I really liked tis comminty update, these should come more often.

edit: grammar
Oh and almost forgot, as many others I would've also liked to see maybe some other colors, or another breed, any variation really. It's hard to make a good opinion on such a restricted refrence.
(Some of the words can be a bit funny/my opinion and toughts don't quite come out as I mean them to, since english isn't my mother tongue)
I'm glad that I read some comments before voting, didn't realise this was two genes (I only noticed the primary).
And as many have said I too would've liked to vote seperately for secondary and primary.

Overall I really liked tis comminty update, these should come more often.

edit: grammar
Oh and almost forgot, as many others I would've also liked to see maybe some other colors, or another breed, any variation really. It's hard to make a good opinion on such a restricted refrence.
(Some of the words can be a bit funny/my opinion and toughts don't quite come out as I mean them to, since english isn't my mother tongue)
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o3_100.png .... > Goal: complete bestiary
> (excluding KS + Boolean)

> Dragons for sale
.............. Looking for:
13359.png
................. tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o1_100.png
Unpopular opinion, but I actually really dislike 2. I like the wings of 1 and the body of 3.
Unpopular opinion, but I actually really dislike 2. I like the wings of 1 and the body of 3.
tumblr_of4damamQ01us53xfo2_500.png
I see other have commented on this about the Tapir poll already but I want to do it too:

It would be best if we could vote for body and wings separately, and if we could get some more breeds and colour variations in the examples to better form an opinion on what we'd like best then that would be lovely~.
I have to say that like some others I prefer the body of Version 2 and wings of Version 1. Because the body of Version 1 and 3 looks to similar to Ripple in my opinion (which I'm not a huge fan of). But like I said, that's just my opinion.

(sorry if the grammar and/or spelling is bad, English is not my native language)
I see other have commented on this about the Tapir poll already but I want to do it too:

It would be best if we could vote for body and wings separately, and if we could get some more breeds and colour variations in the examples to better form an opinion on what we'd like best then that would be lovely~.
I have to say that like some others I prefer the body of Version 2 and wings of Version 1. Because the body of Version 1 and 3 looks to similar to Ripple in my opinion (which I'm not a huge fan of). But like I said, that's just my opinion.

(sorry if the grammar and/or spelling is bad, English is not my native language)
vbbxBX.png
It's hard for me to tell if I like the gene or not. ^^; If I could see the examples with Metals or Orca, then it'd be easier. lol
It's hard for me to tell if I like the gene or not. ^^; If I could see the examples with Metals or Orca, then it'd be easier. lol
25tXhar.png fL0umpy.png
ah yes, Tapir.. the successor to Ripple.
ah yes, Tapir.. the successor to Ripple.
available 9:00 - 19:00 server time
this kind of feedback may not be appropriate here, in which case feel free to ignore it, but on the subject of tapir genes...

to me, all three tapir versions look very busy and messy, especially on the face, legs and wings. and they may well be following what a baby tapir's markings look like on their face and feet, but on a dragon it stops looking like markings on an animal, and starts looking more like wallpaper printed on a flat image, to me.

what might help might be wider variation in the space between markings, more places where there's a larger gap that isn't just an area without markings for example, more of a transition between empty space with a few tiny dots and busy markings everywhere. and fewer tiny markings especially on the wings and legs would help it look less overwhelmed and cluttered. on the main body and the actual limb going up into the wing it looks better, especially on number 2 with the thinner markings and more space between them.

another thing that would make a very big difference would be having the face markings very noticeably interact with the features of the face, for example how clown, thylacine, cherub, poison and others all visually interact with the eyes, how cherub and peregrine and others interact with the muzzle/snout, and similar.

that's my input, feel free to take it or leave it! you're all doing a great job, keep being awesome! ^_^ <3 (happy face, heart)
this kind of feedback may not be appropriate here, in which case feel free to ignore it, but on the subject of tapir genes...

to me, all three tapir versions look very busy and messy, especially on the face, legs and wings. and they may well be following what a baby tapir's markings look like on their face and feet, but on a dragon it stops looking like markings on an animal, and starts looking more like wallpaper printed on a flat image, to me.

what might help might be wider variation in the space between markings, more places where there's a larger gap that isn't just an area without markings for example, more of a transition between empty space with a few tiny dots and busy markings everywhere. and fewer tiny markings especially on the wings and legs would help it look less overwhelmed and cluttered. on the main body and the actual limb going up into the wing it looks better, especially on number 2 with the thinner markings and more space between them.

another thing that would make a very big difference would be having the face markings very noticeably interact with the features of the face, for example how clown, thylacine, cherub, poison and others all visually interact with the eyes, how cherub and peregrine and others interact with the muzzle/snout, and similar.

that's my input, feel free to take it or leave it! you're all doing a great job, keep being awesome! ^_^ <3 (happy face, heart)
Arcanian Logic. Said one arcanian to the other... 'We shall need a crossbow, an hourglass, three goats; one of us must learn to play the trumpet whilst the other one goes like this-' *clip of Captain Jack Sparrow wiggling his fingers in a silly fashion*
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45