Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2017
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
I don't really like this gene so far, looks far too much like Ripple. At least 2 has some variation... We'll see how it turns out, I suppose.
I don't really like this gene so far, looks far too much like Ripple. At least 2 has some variation... We'll see how it turns out, I suppose.
tumblr_inline_pqmxj4Q0Ow1rgzqdq_100.gif XGkYzjm.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
u5iPftV.png
58T08n9.png
he/him
how to write my username:
ren kin jut sushis
Light-Network.png
I would love another gene to work with but I do agree that I wish they had shown it in a few other colors or even some of the colors that are more known to have duel colors in their mix. Maybe even testing the gene with some of the current genes to get a better idea.
I would love another gene to work with but I do agree that I wish they had shown it in a few other colors or even some of the colors that are more known to have duel colors in their mix. Maybe even testing the gene with some of the current genes to get a better idea.
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
editing this because i was harsher than i needed to be because of completely unrelated things. no need for me to be grumpy to some random user because of rl stuff.
sorry.
thank you for letting me know, i voted already, but didn't realize it was a primary/secondary combo. or a combo at all. p/s makes a lot more sense than a tert.
editing this because i was harsher than i needed to be because of completely unrelated things. no need for me to be grumpy to some random user because of rl stuff.
sorry.
thank you for letting me know, i voted already, but didn't realize it was a primary/secondary combo. or a combo at all. p/s makes a lot more sense than a tert.
[quote name="Haven" date=2017-05-13 13:27:00] Perhaps with some colors and combos this will look fine, but as it is, I'd rather get a great gene that is interesting than another okay gene that could have been great but misses the mark. [/quote] Yeah I am not really feeling this gene. It just looks like a not very interesting variant on ripple/current (which are kinda meh genes anyway.) I'd rather have new genes that don't resemble anything we already have.
Haven wrote on 2017-05-13:
Perhaps with some colors and combos this will look fine, but as it is, I'd rather get a great gene that is interesting than another okay gene that could have been great but misses the mark.

Yeah I am not really feeling this gene. It just looks like a not very interesting variant on ripple/current (which are kinda meh genes anyway.) I'd rather have new genes that don't resemble anything we already have.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
[b]New Gene! Tapir:[/b] [quote name="butcherbaby" date=2017-05-13 19:01:02] [quote name="Haven" date=2017-05-13 13:27:00] Perhaps with some colors and combos this will look fine, but as it is, I'd rather get a great gene that is interesting than another okay gene that could have been great but misses the mark. [/quote] Yeah I am not really feeling this gene. It just looks like a not very interesting variant on ripple/current (which are kinda meh genes anyway.) I'd rather have new genes that don't resemble anything we already have. [/quote] I have to agree, for me, the primary looks too much like Ripple, and the secondary gene looks a tad bit like spinner, but it's only the primary that's the biggest turn off. Variant 1 looks even more like Current Variant 3 is starting to borderline poison Varient 2 seems like the middle line... Unless that's just a subconscious thing with putting something in the middle of two opposites. And looking at baby tapirs, which this gene is based off of...[img]https://media.fromthegrapevine.com/assets/images/2015/5/Brazilian-Tapir-and-baby.jpg.839x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg[/img] It definitely needs more spots between thin streaks and around the face then it does now. That might actually help differentiate it from Ripple/Current/ some more. However, there is some silver lining in this, like us getting the chance to vote on a gene. Let's hope the later 'generations' of players don't regret whatever we all voted for this. :p Another good point is that this might look amazing with okapi... [b]Captions Contest:[/b] Ok, the "Hardwater" winner, is well deserved. So many funny situations happen because of that, and also shows that dragon do probably use toilets. [item=Hardwater Loach] "SOMEONE THE TOILET IS CLOGGED!" "Okay, who used it last?" No response. Instead, a hardwater loach peeks out of the toilet bowl. It gets easily flushed down, by a grouchy snapper... Until it gets even more stuck in pipes than before. [b]Dragon Share[/b]: Marva's Invisibility cloak is a blessing for the world.
New Gene! Tapir:
butcherbaby wrote on 2017-05-13:
Haven wrote on 2017-05-13:
Perhaps with some colors and combos this will look fine, but as it is, I'd rather get a great gene that is interesting than another okay gene that could have been great but misses the mark.

Yeah I am not really feeling this gene. It just looks like a not very interesting variant on ripple/current (which are kinda meh genes anyway.) I'd rather have new genes that don't resemble anything we already have.

I have to agree, for me, the primary looks too much like Ripple, and the secondary gene looks a tad bit like spinner, but it's only the primary that's the biggest turn off.

Variant 1 looks even more like Current
Variant 3 is starting to borderline poison

Varient 2 seems like the middle line... Unless that's just a subconscious thing with putting something in the middle of two opposites.

And looking at baby tapirs, which this gene is based off of...Brazilian-Tapir-and-baby.jpg.839x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

It definitely needs more spots between thin streaks and around the face then it does now.

That might actually help differentiate it from Ripple/Current/ some more.

However, there is some silver lining in this, like us getting the chance to vote on a gene. Let's hope the later 'generations' of players don't regret whatever we all voted for this. :p

Another good point is that this might look amazing with okapi...

Captions Contest: Ok, the "Hardwater" winner, is well deserved. So many funny situations happen because of that, and also shows that dragon do probably use toilets.

Hardwater Loach "SOMEONE THE TOILET IS CLOGGED!"

"Okay, who used it last?"

No response. Instead, a hardwater loach peeks out of the toilet bowl. It gets easily flushed down, by a grouchy snapper... Until it gets even more stuck in pipes than before.

Dragon Share: Marva's Invisibility cloak is a blessing for the world.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
um
um
@Josta I just wasn't sure if maybe you meant which part of the gene would be the base colour (like, the base colour on Orca ripple is white, and appears as the thin lines), though I said what I said just in case you really didn't notice that it was a p/s. The staff should really justr start naming their genes before they show them to us...

Anyway, I'm glad then that I didn't see your comment until after the edit ^^ I hope whatever's troubling you irl gets solved soon!
@Josta I just wasn't sure if maybe you meant which part of the gene would be the base colour (like, the base colour on Orca ripple is white, and appears as the thin lines), though I said what I said just in case you really didn't notice that it was a p/s. The staff should really justr start naming their genes before they show them to us...

Anyway, I'm glad then that I didn't see your comment until after the edit ^^ I hope whatever's troubling you irl gets solved soon!
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
@Chaos199 Yeah I don't know why i thought it was a tert when they also showed wings. I guess I thought secondary/tert, and that the primary was intentionally blank to show it off? I don't know.

thank you! I really hope so too
@Chaos199 Yeah I don't know why i thought it was a tert when they also showed wings. I guess I thought secondary/tert, and that the primary was intentionally blank to show it off? I don't know.

thank you! I really hope so too
The tapir gene just looks like current. Can we vote 'no please find something different'?
The tapir gene just looks like current. Can we vote 'no please find something different'?
Y3kY2LN.png
I don't like this gene that much but I'll vote on two.
I don't like this gene that much but I'll vote on two.
sQ35KLV.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45