Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2017
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 44 45
I love the gradient on tapir, but honestly I'm none too keen on the markings. The first one looks waaaaaay too similar to ripple and current, the middle one looks boring with just the lines, and the third one just looks like a cross between boring and ripple/current. And the wings are just... not interesting at all.

I get that we're going for a baby tapir look, but a tad more complexity or even just length to the lines might look better... or maybe go for a more marbled look.

Perhaps with some colors and combos this will look fine, but as it is, I'd rather get a great gene that is interesting than another okay gene that could have been great but misses the mark.
I love the gradient on tapir, but honestly I'm none too keen on the markings. The first one looks waaaaaay too similar to ripple and current, the middle one looks boring with just the lines, and the third one just looks like a cross between boring and ripple/current. And the wings are just... not interesting at all.

I get that we're going for a baby tapir look, but a tad more complexity or even just length to the lines might look better... or maybe go for a more marbled look.

Perhaps with some colors and combos this will look fine, but as it is, I'd rather get a great gene that is interesting than another okay gene that could have been great but misses the mark.
@EarthTiger Oh thanks! I was on mobile so I couldn't see much. But yeah okay there's some differences. I guess the middle one is nicest? Honestly now that I think about it, these are Baby Tapir markings on adult dragons. I suppose the Adult Tapir coloration aren't nearly as neat for a gene though. Interesting idea. No matter what, I won't be able to afford the gene for a long time since they're always insanely expensive right when released.
@EarthTiger Oh thanks! I was on mobile so I couldn't see much. But yeah okay there's some differences. I guess the middle one is nicest? Honestly now that I think about it, these are Baby Tapir markings on adult dragons. I suppose the Adult Tapir coloration aren't nearly as neat for a gene though. Interesting idea. No matter what, I won't be able to afford the gene for a long time since they're always insanely expensive right when released.
ntQkWG3.gif LittlestCondor #55880
She/Her
Nature Flight
Tree dragon collector

Bottle created by
@Amariel #86020
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif

In all honesty, tapir is not a gene i'd use. It's just so close to ripple/current, a gene I stay away from. The gene could use a bit more things that make it visual interesting, such as more color variation like in poison/toxin.
In all honesty, tapir is not a gene i'd use. It's just so close to ripple/current, a gene I stay away from. The gene could use a bit more things that make it visual interesting, such as more color variation like in poison/toxin.
BhWDcLm.png
I like the third tapir variation alright, though I do agree it seems like a thicker ripple. I think the wings could use some work to make them stand out more. I didnt even realize they had a secondary at first.
I also really like genes that either cover or add something to the belly (skink for example.) Just my opinion ^^
I like the third tapir variation alright, though I do agree it seems like a thicker ripple. I think the wings could use some work to make them stand out more. I didnt even realize they had a secondary at first.
I also really like genes that either cover or add something to the belly (skink for example.) Just my opinion ^^
IzcQVPJ.png
Oh, shoot, I didn't win.
Oh, shoot, I didn't win.
In danger of failing in an epic and awesome manner. This may be a bad thing.
Does Tapir just look like Ripple to anyone else?
Does Tapir just look like Ripple to anyone else?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
The more I look at Ripple on different breeds the less I can get why people compare it to Tapir.
The more I look at Ripple on different breeds the less I can get why people compare it to Tapir.
But.. but.. but.... I like the wings on number 1, yet the body on number 2...
But.. but.. but.... I like the wings on number 1, yet the body on number 2...
♥ 8 hours ahead of server time GMT :)
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 44 45