Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, February 2017
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32
I MISSED A GAMING DRAGON DRESS UP? I WAS THE ONE WHO WANTED THAT THEME IN THE FIRST PLACE!
I MISSED A GAMING DRAGON DRESS UP? I WAS THE ONE WHO WANTED THAT THEME IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Only the wise can survive the cold , we are the storm that destroys the foolish || I use He/They/It pronouns!!
[quote name="Poisonedpaper" date=2017-02-16 06:23:47] Good update, but I really don't like auctions being lumped in with raffles & giveaways :( The proposed auction guidelines are also not something I'd use, because it's impossible for bidders to know if they are outbid unless the auctioneer is online and actively monitoring everything. It'll make everything more slow-moving and frustrating. But, yay! Dominance forums! Personal quests! Those are good additions. [/quote] My sentiments exactly. Its clumsy at best and frustrating at worst for the actual bidders to know what's going on plus with it in with the giveaways and raffles it'll likely be all that much harder to find things that aren't auctions given the number of them. It was nice going to the raffles/giveaways forum and not having to worry too much since you know you'd see exactly what you came there for. Auctions itself should be a separate forum with its sticky being a template guideline and general what to do in event of [x]. If things stick as they are with raffles, giveaways, and auctions bundles into one I'm not likely to participate unless there's a direct link from the host user to avoid all the inevitable clutter.
Poisonedpaper wrote on 2017-02-16:
Good update, but I really don't like auctions being lumped in with raffles & giveaways :(

The proposed auction guidelines are also not something I'd use, because it's impossible for bidders to know if they are outbid unless the auctioneer is online and actively monitoring everything. It'll make everything more slow-moving and frustrating.

But, yay! Dominance forums! Personal quests! Those are good additions.

My sentiments exactly. Its clumsy at best and frustrating at worst for the actual bidders to know what's going on plus with it in with the giveaways and raffles it'll likely be all that much harder to find things that aren't auctions given the number of them. It was nice going to the raffles/giveaways forum and not having to worry too much since you know you'd see exactly what you came there for. Auctions itself should be a separate forum with its sticky being a template guideline and general what to do in event of [x]. If things stick as they are with raffles, giveaways, and auctions bundles into one I'm not likely to participate unless there's a direct link from the host user to avoid all the inevitable clutter.
coppercoilcreeper_zpsuw9bo4ed.gifnight_sky1_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33cb.pnglight_shield_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun8p.pngnight_sky2_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33ck.pngMantarune_zpsidz7d320.gif
I don't really understand (or like) that auctions are now mixed in with raffles? If they needed to be moved out of the sales forums, for whatever reason, why not just give them their own forum? This just seems more confusing than the way it was.

Everything else seems neat though. I know a lot of people have been wanting dom-specific forums~
I don't really understand (or like) that auctions are now mixed in with raffles? If they needed to be moved out of the sales forums, for whatever reason, why not just give them their own forum? This just seems more confusing than the way it was.

Everything else seems neat though. I know a lot of people have been wanting dom-specific forums~
Q1Z6W1A.png
Definitely agree with some other comments that auctions will flood the "auctions, raffles, and giveaways" forum. Auctions by nature would get bumped to the top much more often than the other threads and make the raffles and giveaways harder to find. Minor issue for me since that's not a forum I frequent but I can see how it would be a concern.

Other than that though, I love the new forum updates, especially the separate dominance board! Thanks staff for working so hard on all of this!
Definitely agree with some other comments that auctions will flood the "auctions, raffles, and giveaways" forum. Auctions by nature would get bumped to the top much more often than the other threads and make the raffles and giveaways harder to find. Minor issue for me since that's not a forum I frequent but I can see how it would be a concern.

Other than that though, I love the new forum updates, especially the separate dominance board! Thanks staff for working so hard on all of this!
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
I have to agree with the others about Auctions going to the same forum with Raffles & Giveaways. It will get crowded, mostly with the auctions - and not being able to find what you would have previously gone there for - a bit of fun and some gambling, little bit of free stuff every now and then. Not to buy things (except for raffle tickets). It doesn't feel right at all :/ Now you're gonna have to go through a lot of stuff that you aren't there for. (Yes, I use Raffle-forums a lot, and don't join auctions much at all..)

But I am also very happy to hear about the separate forum for Dom stuff, that's great! :)

Thank you for all your hard work!
I have to agree with the others about Auctions going to the same forum with Raffles & Giveaways. It will get crowded, mostly with the auctions - and not being able to find what you would have previously gone there for - a bit of fun and some gambling, little bit of free stuff every now and then. Not to buy things (except for raffle tickets). It doesn't feel right at all :/ Now you're gonna have to go through a lot of stuff that you aren't there for. (Yes, I use Raffle-forums a lot, and don't join auctions much at all..)

But I am also very happy to hear about the separate forum for Dom stuff, that's great! :)

Thank you for all your hard work!
2T7Jk2l.png
[quote name="Kysska" date=2017-02-16 07:12:01] I don't really understand (or like) that auctions are now mixed in with raffles? If they needed to be moved out of the sales forums, for whatever reason, why not just give them their own forum? This just seems more confusing than the way it was. [/quote] @Kysska, thank you for the feedback! Overall, we are monitoring player feedback and keeping an eye on this particular change.
Kysska wrote on 2017-02-16:

@Kysska, thank you for the feedback! Overall, we are monitoring player feedback and keeping an eye on this particular change.
Cool cool, but I'll be sticking to my own auction method; this one requires me to be online the whole time and I straight up don't have time for that lol. A neat system that could work for many, though!
Cool cool, but I'll be sticking to my own auction method; this one requires me to be online the whole time and I straight up don't have time for that lol. A neat system that could work for many, though!
XwAOBEQ.png
[quote name="Kysska" date=2017-02-16 07:12:01] I don't really understand (or like) that auctions are now mixed in with raffles? If they needed to be moved out of the sales forums, for whatever reason, why not just give them their own forum? This just seems more confusing than the way it was.[/quote] I really have to agree here, it would just be easier to make a new forum for auctions (dragons and items) then.
Kysska wrote on 2017-02-16:

I really have to agree here, it would just be easier to make a new forum for auctions (dragons and items) then.
Drakengard.gif
I love these changes especually to the dom and quests/challenges! I have to agree that auctions seem a bit weird to be in the mix, especially all the way down there. I'm also worried auctions will be frontlining a lot since they get bumped often in sales as it is. the raffles forum, not so much activity.
also, if we have a current thread for an active auction, should we be making a new thread ourselves or use the old thread in sales and wait for someone to move it?
I love these changes especually to the dom and quests/challenges! I have to agree that auctions seem a bit weird to be in the mix, especially all the way down there. I'm also worried auctions will be frontlining a lot since they get bumped often in sales as it is. the raffles forum, not so much activity.
also, if we have a current thread for an active auction, should we be making a new thread ourselves or use the old thread in sales and wait for someone to move it?
foddart.pngpublic_buy__raffle.pnggrab_bags.png
Gotta chime in here with a dislike of Auctions being moved into Raffles and Giveaways. It seems like a really poor fit, and it's made the forum really difficult to navigate.

Other than that, pretty cool update. Love the Dom forum!
Gotta chime in here with a dislike of Auctions being moved into Raffles and Giveaways. It seems like a really poor fit, and it's made the forum really difficult to navigate.

Other than that, pretty cool update. Love the Dom forum!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32