Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, February 2017
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
I read this and pretty much the only thing I saw was [quote]We're wrapping up work on the Auction House revamp and Coliseum revamp[/quote] I hope you realize that if you release those two close to each other, or on the same day, that I will literally have a melt down and not be able to do anything? (I may be a bit excited for both of those, but only just a bit) (and if you believe that, I Have a few bridges to sell you...)
I read this and pretty much the only thing I saw was
Quote:
We're wrapping up work on the Auction House revamp and Coliseum revamp

I hope you realize that if you release those two close to each other, or on the same day, that I will literally have a melt down and not be able to do anything? (I may be a bit excited for both of those, but only just a bit) (and if you believe that, I Have a few bridges to sell you...)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Yiqi it's just encouraged. Aequorin mentioned that it's fine to use other methods, there's no consequence or account penalty or anything for doing so.
@Yiqi it's just encouraged. Aequorin mentioned that it's fine to use other methods, there's no consequence or account penalty or anything for doing so.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Not bad.
Though, some of the changes will have to be in real action first to see how they will actually function.
Not bad.
Though, some of the changes will have to be in real action first to see how they will actually function.
[quote name="Serpenthyne" date=2017-02-16 06:32:46] A couple of questions: You say that the Weekly Q&A will become Ask the Team! with a greater focus on lore and site content. The Weekly Q&A sometimes answered gameplay questions that seemed better suited to a place like the Help Forum, where new players could find the information they needed from other players – information they didn't need to get from the devs directly. Will Ask the Team! perchance direct new/confused players to the Help Forum for answers to their gameplay questions, rather than spend time reiterating answers when that time could better be used giving insights on FR's lore? Secondly, with the new forum for personal quests and such, should I assume I ought to move my post from the Quests and Challenges megathread in FRD into this new forum? Or will the megathread remain? [/quote] @Serpenthyne, for your first question, there are times we feel providing an official [i]Flight Rising[/i] team answer can be helpful. We'll keep keep an eye on this. The megathread will be moving over there a little bit later today (lots of threads to move!) but yes, you can pull your personal challenge out of the mega and make your own.
Serpenthyne wrote on 2017-02-16:
A couple of questions: You say that the Weekly Q&A will become Ask the Team! with a greater focus on lore and site content. The Weekly Q&A sometimes answered gameplay questions that seemed better suited to a place like the Help Forum, where new players could find the information they needed from other players – information they didn't need to get from the devs directly. Will Ask the Team! perchance direct new/confused players to the Help Forum for answers to their gameplay questions, rather than spend time reiterating answers when that time could better be used giving insights on FR's lore?

Secondly, with the new forum for personal quests and such, should I assume I ought to move my post from the Quests and Challenges megathread in FRD into this new forum? Or will the megathread remain?

@Serpenthyne, for your first question, there are times we feel providing an official Flight Rising team answer can be helpful. We'll keep keep an eye on this.

The megathread will be moving over there a little bit later today (lots of threads to move!) but yes, you can pull your personal challenge out of the mega and make your own.
I never participate in auctions, so I can't really say much regarding that, but it's nice to see a specific dom forum, now ^^ And I am really happy to see that the forum and message center have resizable text fields; I've been wanting that for a very long time.
I never participate in auctions, so I can't really say much regarding that, but it's nice to see a specific dom forum, now ^^ And I am really happy to see that the forum and message center have resizable text fields; I've been wanting that for a very long time.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
AAAAAA, CONTENT!

(but I'm super excited to look at all of this new stuff)
AAAAAA, CONTENT!

(but I'm super excited to look at all of this new stuff)
pansexual_zpstmga7pty.pngThey/Them, FR+7
Nice- still hype for the updates to the coliseum and the auction house like no other.

I think the suggestions for auction running are nice- not particular to my taste but it's a great idea to offer for the community and to people who want to make sure they're getting paid appropriately and in a timely manner. (:
Considering I sometimes- and I'm sure others- don't particularly have the items necessary at the exact time of a bid (I normally purchase gems the day of or prior to an ended auction to pay up) it would hinder me to enter some auctions, but it's a great safeguard.

Edit//

Auctions got moved to the Raffles + Giveaways section..? Yikes- not a fan of that :/ Auctions aren't like raffles and giveaways; and they're likely to bump all actual raffles and giveaways to lower pages (i.e, less recognition) due to the popularity and overzealous posting of auctions.
Not a fan of this change at all.
Nice- still hype for the updates to the coliseum and the auction house like no other.

I think the suggestions for auction running are nice- not particular to my taste but it's a great idea to offer for the community and to people who want to make sure they're getting paid appropriately and in a timely manner. (:
Considering I sometimes- and I'm sure others- don't particularly have the items necessary at the exact time of a bid (I normally purchase gems the day of or prior to an ended auction to pay up) it would hinder me to enter some auctions, but it's a great safeguard.

Edit//

Auctions got moved to the Raffles + Giveaways section..? Yikes- not a fan of that :/ Auctions aren't like raffles and giveaways; and they're likely to bump all actual raffles and giveaways to lower pages (i.e, less recognition) due to the popularity and overzealous posting of auctions.
Not a fan of this change at all.
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
@Aequorin
I understand. Thanks for the speedy answer!
@Aequorin
I understand. Thanks for the speedy answer!
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
i think thats the best update [img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/5c8f81ba0e6c48e78c1a0fb895bba4f2.png[/img]
i think thats the best update
5c8f81ba0e6c48e78c1a0fb895bba4f2.png
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="Yiqi" date=2017-02-16 06:33:12] Is the new auction ways mandatory or only encouraged? I quite like the way it is now. I understand silent auctions for those who are picky about who wins or if the bidder likes to remain anonymous, but this significantly changes an entire dynamic of auctioning. [/quote] @Yiqi, as we said these are recommended guidelines. We encourage players to follow them but they are not required.
Yiqi wrote on 2017-02-16:
Is the new auction ways mandatory or only encouraged? I quite like the way it is now. I understand silent auctions for those who are picky about who wins or if the bidder likes to remain anonymous, but this significantly changes an entire dynamic of auctioning.

@Yiqi, as we said these are recommended guidelines. We encourage players to follow them but they are not required.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32