Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, February 2017
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Nice about the DOM forums
Nice about the DOM forums
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
this is so cool!
this is so cool!
[quote name="@Axqu" date=2017-02-18 08:11:38] It seems like the forums are steadily becoming more "kid friendly" with the revamp to GD and the removal of the personal story stuff. How long until Plague lore gets pared down for younger audiences? I understand wanting to keep the tone lighter, but maybe an 18+ forum would be a good idea so we can discuss deeper issues without messing with the community at large? [/quote] I'm good with this, because: 1. We finally have a de-facto word on religion/politics, though I wish it didn't come at the cost of such a revamp. No more forever moritoriums, no more "we're not saying it's banned, but it might be banned because someone doesn't like us cooperating." Flight Rising may have taught me stuff like about bathroom bills existing and the fact that you can still speak about religion cooperatively and without malice in a place where many of them come into contact (FR is in fact, extremely diverse), but it was under a time when you were unsure if even the good threads would even survive. There was no good in deeper threads when you never knew if they'd be deleted without any details. I just secretly hope the Witchcraft thread survives under the "popular" thing. But it survived the former rules as not religion, so... 2. Personal threads were getting pruned anyway. It's about time they admitted it. 3. This opens up the possibility of a much needed Extended/Personal Discussion because they're so danged intent on keeping all the GD in one topic. If that doesn't happen, from what I've seen personal stuff has always wondered into your flight's discussion for those who didn't want all of FR's ear in the GD. That said, is it making it more kid friendly? Heck no. Heck. No. The only thing that wasn't there before that relates to kids is the ASL thing (I've never seen that happen outside of the age surveys that indicate that we're mostly young adults here... they seem to want to gear it up for people that never come sometimes).
@Axqu wrote on 2017-02-18:
It seems like the forums are steadily becoming more "kid friendly" with the revamp to GD and the removal of the personal story stuff. How long until Plague lore gets pared down for younger audiences? I understand wanting to keep the tone lighter, but maybe an 18+ forum would be a good idea so we can discuss deeper issues without messing with the community at large?
I'm good with this, because:
1. We finally have a de-facto word on religion/politics, though I wish it didn't come at the cost of such a revamp. No more forever moritoriums, no more "we're not saying it's banned, but it might be banned because someone doesn't like us cooperating." Flight Rising may have taught me stuff like about bathroom bills existing and the fact that you can still speak about religion cooperatively and without malice in a place where many of them come into contact (FR is in fact, extremely diverse), but it was under a time when you were unsure if even the good threads would even survive. There was no good in deeper threads when you never knew if they'd be deleted without any details.

I just secretly hope the Witchcraft thread survives under the "popular" thing. But it survived the former rules as not religion, so...

2. Personal threads were getting pruned anyway. It's about time they admitted it.
3. This opens up the possibility of a much needed Extended/Personal Discussion because they're so danged intent on keeping all the GD in one topic. If that doesn't happen, from what I've seen personal stuff has always wondered into your flight's discussion for those who didn't want all of FR's ear in the GD.

That said, is it making it more kid friendly? Heck no. Heck. No. The only thing that wasn't there before that relates to kids is the ASL thing (I've never seen that happen outside of the age surveys that indicate that we're mostly young adults here... they seem to want to gear it up for people that never come sometimes).
My writing project.
I am absolutely disgusted with the new direction forums is going. Not allowing us to have non-jolly or game related threads is just so disappointing. Of course you will never read this or my post will be removed but my feedback is that now I feel like I can't even talk to people because I don't care about games or music, or hobbies. What a shame, this community was so helpful.
I am absolutely disgusted with the new direction forums is going. Not allowing us to have non-jolly or game related threads is just so disappointing. Of course you will never read this or my post will be removed but my feedback is that now I feel like I can't even talk to people because I don't care about games or music, or hobbies. What a shame, this community was so helpful.
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
[quote name="@Disturbed" date=2017-03-22 18:24:13] I am absolutely disgusted with the new direction forums is going. Not allowing us to have non-jolly or game related threads is just so disappointing. Of course you will never read this or my post will be removed but my feedback is that now I feel like I can't even talk to people because I don't care about games or music, or hobbies. What a shame, this community was so helpful. [/quote] To this day I'm honenstly surprised there isn't an "everything goes" pit. This is the only place I've visited that both doesn't have that and an Extended place. Nah, GD and flight generals are still available for outside of that. Just you can't just crappost Bee Movie Scripts anymore, it has to go to actual discussion (unless it's the NSFW thread). Like I mentioned before just about all the restrictions have already been present in some form and are just more strict. I do agree with you, but it's mostly based on already existing things before this change.
@Disturbed wrote on 2017-03-22:
To this day I'm honenstly surprised there isn't an "everything goes" pit. This is the only place I've visited that both doesn't have that and an Extended place.

Nah, GD and flight generals are still available for outside of that. Just you can't just crappost Bee Movie Scripts anymore, it has to go to actual discussion (unless it's the NSFW thread). Like I mentioned before just about all the restrictions have already been present in some form and are just more strict. I do agree with you, but it's mostly based on already existing things before this change.
My writing project.
RIP my thread, "What's Troubling You..?", that allowed anyone and everyone to express how they felt. What most don't know is that for the majority of the posts I received on that forum, I would send a kind message to that person (via PM) in response to their post. Doing this made me realize how important having a place to express yourself is, and how simple kindness from a stranger can make a difference in another person's life. Thus, this new restriction is such unfortunate news. I can't tell you how many people thanked me for creating that thread as so many people felt that they had no where else to spill their feelings. :c If anyone is struggling, feel free to PM me. This is depressing news... and I am so sorry everyone, but please know someone cares and I'm one of them. ♥
RIP my thread, "What's Troubling You..?", that allowed anyone and everyone to express how they felt. What most don't know is that for the majority of the posts I received on that forum, I would send a kind message to that person (via PM) in response to their post. Doing this made me realize how important having a place to express yourself is, and how simple kindness from a stranger can make a difference in another person's life. Thus, this new restriction is such unfortunate news. I can't tell you how many people thanked me for creating that thread as so many people felt that they had no where else to spill their feelings. :c If anyone is struggling, feel free to PM me. This is depressing news... and I am so sorry everyone, but please know someone cares and I'm one of them. ♥
TINYPINKHEART.png If you need someone to listen, feel free to message me TINYPINKHEART.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32