Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, February 2017
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
Nice!
Nice!
tumblr_o39f7iCNPe1sh4d1mo1_75sq.pngtumblr_nxh669KaDD1uz5kfbo1_75sq.pngtumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.pngu1qMgY0.pngtumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo3_100.pngtumblr_nxh669KaDD1uz5kfbo1_75sq.pngtumblr_o39f7iCNPe1sh4d1mo2_75sq.png
Not quite sure how the auction guidelines are supposed to go? If it's suggested bidding only be while the user is online, that cuts out a lot of people whose timezones are different, and makes it harder for them to get in on something they may have well liked.

I'm also sort of uncertain about putting the dragon/item auctions in with raffles and giveaways because there's (most of the time) a huge difference in pace that will keep the auctions overwhelmingly on the first few pages with a few raffles/giveaways scattered between. Auctions are still sales, it felt normal for them to be in the Dragon Sales, but putting them with raffles and giveaways is just not a great option to keep raffles and giveaways more visible on the forums.
Not quite sure how the auction guidelines are supposed to go? If it's suggested bidding only be while the user is online, that cuts out a lot of people whose timezones are different, and makes it harder for them to get in on something they may have well liked.

I'm also sort of uncertain about putting the dragon/item auctions in with raffles and giveaways because there's (most of the time) a huge difference in pace that will keep the auctions overwhelmingly on the first few pages with a few raffles/giveaways scattered between. Auctions are still sales, it felt normal for them to be in the Dragon Sales, but putting them with raffles and giveaways is just not a great option to keep raffles and giveaways more visible on the forums.
aHScYeW.png2SJnMSH.gif VOfQnUJ.gif

cerys
they/them
FR +3
xx ux2YLrh.pngD1hGher.png
"Quests, Challenges, and Festival games"

My bod is ready
"Quests, Challenges, and Festival games"

My bod is ready
swip.png Yumi's XXX G1 quest
Wishlist
Yumi's goal tracker
DOMINANCE FORUMS AAA
DOMINANCE FORUMS AAA
sgrUtbQ.png
yUZ4k.gif

tumblr (art)
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2017-02-16 06:09:10] Our forums are not the appropriate place for personal journals, religious debate, political debate, fundraising, advertising, counseling, medical advice, discussions of a highly personal nature, and polls that collect names, age, sex, or location. [/quote] THANK. YOU. Now I might actually be able to use the forums again without someone screeching about some guy whose name I can't pronounce doing something to people in a country whose name they can't pronounce.
Aequorin wrote on 2017-02-16:
Our forums are not the appropriate place for personal journals, religious debate, political debate, fundraising, advertising, counseling, medical advice, discussions of a highly personal nature, and polls that collect names, age, sex, or location.

THANK. YOU.

Now I might actually be able to use the forums again without someone screeching about some guy whose name I can't pronounce doing something to people in a country whose name they can't pronounce.
splat.gif
yay:D
yay:D
u2TWLA7.png
Good to know that the Coliseum and AH revamps are coming along. Can't wait for them to launch!

A couple of questions: You say that the Weekly Q&A will become Ask the Team! with a greater focus on lore and site content. The Weekly Q&A sometimes answered gameplay questions that seemed better suited to a place like the Help Forum, where new players could find the information they needed from other players – information they didn't need to get from the devs directly. Will Ask the Team! perchance direct new/confused players to the Help Forum for answers to their gameplay questions, rather than spend time reiterating answers when that time could better be used giving insights on FR's lore?

Secondly, with the new forum for personal quests and such, should I assume I ought to move my post from the Quests and Challenges megathread in FRD into this new forum? Or will the megathread remain?
Good to know that the Coliseum and AH revamps are coming along. Can't wait for them to launch!

A couple of questions: You say that the Weekly Q&A will become Ask the Team! with a greater focus on lore and site content. The Weekly Q&A sometimes answered gameplay questions that seemed better suited to a place like the Help Forum, where new players could find the information they needed from other players – information they didn't need to get from the devs directly. Will Ask the Team! perchance direct new/confused players to the Help Forum for answers to their gameplay questions, rather than spend time reiterating answers when that time could better be used giving insights on FR's lore?

Secondly, with the new forum for personal quests and such, should I assume I ought to move my post from the Quests and Challenges megathread in FRD into this new forum? Or will the megathread remain?
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
Is the new auction ways mandatory or only encouraged? I quite like the way it is now. I understand silent auctions for those who are picky about who wins or if the bidder likes to remain anonymous, but this significantly changes an entire dynamic of auctioning.
Is the new auction ways mandatory or only encouraged? I quite like the way it is now. I understand silent auctions for those who are picky about who wins or if the bidder likes to remain anonymous, but this significantly changes an entire dynamic of auctioning.
b34674857e8a199f13a1d454303561e1caa85a9b.png
The new forum things look so shiny <3
The new forum things look so shiny <3
Handful of Sprockets
*sigh* "You're going to make me say it, aren't you? FINE. I'm sorry I killed your wife. But in my defense, she jumped in front of my sword!"
Copper Gear
Woo dom forums!
Woo dom forums!
more permas in my hibden!
fandragon list
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32