Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2016
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
I hope you address the issues people found with this event in the next Words on the Wind, and don't attempt to sweep it under the rug....

You never tweaked the drops in the coli like you said you would, drop rates were abysmal in both the coli and gathering, the bears diluted the drops, so I'm sure plenty of people had to go through the hassle of buying/finding someone to trade with to get all the new exclusives.

Honestly the drop rates would have been easily ignored had the bears not been there to dilute the otherwise plentiful drop tables.

Baldwin was a huge help in getting much needed chests , and I was glad to see his apparel costs were very reasonable and easy to afford.

The way chests were guaranteed to drop apparel or a familiar was also a change I would like to see return in the future. Buuuut tbh I think NotN should be retired. Its sort of pointless at this point.

4/10 event IMO
I hope you address the issues people found with this event in the next Words on the Wind, and don't attempt to sweep it under the rug....

You never tweaked the drops in the coli like you said you would, drop rates were abysmal in both the coli and gathering, the bears diluted the drops, so I'm sure plenty of people had to go through the hassle of buying/finding someone to trade with to get all the new exclusives.

Honestly the drop rates would have been easily ignored had the bears not been there to dilute the otherwise plentiful drop tables.

Baldwin was a huge help in getting much needed chests , and I was glad to see his apparel costs were very reasonable and easy to afford.

The way chests were guaranteed to drop apparel or a familiar was also a change I would like to see return in the future. Buuuut tbh I think NotN should be retired. Its sort of pointless at this point.

4/10 event IMO
And I love you, random forum poster!
VfSmU07.gif
I love Notn event perssonaly...i know there could be some improvment but its keep me busy when i have nothing to do on my x-mas vacantion.
I love Notn event perssonaly...i know there could be some improvment but its keep me busy when i have nothing to do on my x-mas vacantion.

art_shop_by_sandragon-dbas50p.jpg
[quote name="Karma" date=2017-01-01 11:39:11] I hope you address the issues people found with this event in the next Words on the Wind, and don't attempt to sweep it under the rug.... You never tweaked the drops in the coli like you said you would, drop rates were abysmal in both the coli and gathering, the bears diluted the drops, so I'm sure plenty of people had to go through the hassle of buying/finding someone to trade with to get all the new exclusives. Honestly the drop rates would have been easily ignored had the bears not been there to dilute the otherwise plentiful drop tables. Baldwin was a huge help in getting much needed chests , and I was glad to see his apparel costs were very reasonable and easy to afford. The way chests were guaranteed to drop apparel or a familiar was also a change I would like to see return in the future. Buuuut tbh I think NotN should be retired. Its sort of pointless at this point. 4/10 event IMO [/quote] The only part of this I don't agree with is the idea that NotN should be retired. Maybe in a few years (like, 10, if FR lasts that long), or it could become a less in-your-face event. Like, instead it could just be that for two weeks in December you have a chance of gathering/finding in the coli the scrolls and eggs. But nothing beyond that - no chests, no apparel, no fams, no vistas.
Karma wrote on 2017-01-01:

4/10 event IMO

The only part of this I don't agree with is the idea that NotN should be retired. Maybe in a few years (like, 10, if FR lasts that long), or it could become a less in-your-face event. Like, instead it could just be that for two weeks in December you have a chance of gathering/finding in the coli the scrolls and eggs. But nothing beyond that - no chests, no apparel, no fams, no vistas.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
@Chaos199
Well, the event itself is pretty much pointless both lore and game wise, and it wasn't even supposed to exist in the first place since FR originally left december with no events because it's the busiest time of the year for everyone. I'm pretty sure that's what they meant when they said it should be retired.

Honestly, we don't even need an event as excuse to have new pretty apparel and familiars, I'd rather have them temporarily cycle into the market/coliseum for about two weeks with no event whatsoever involved instead of going through another broken, frustrating NotN in order to have a chance to get everything... Hell, look at wildclaws, their breedchange scroll constantly cycles in and out of the market, why can't the same happen to nocturnes and their eggs? Only instead of having the scroll and egg available in the market, it could be just a matter of having a low chance of finding either in the gathering turns/coliseum. I don't see what's so hard about this.
@Chaos199
Well, the event itself is pretty much pointless both lore and game wise, and it wasn't even supposed to exist in the first place since FR originally left december with no events because it's the busiest time of the year for everyone. I'm pretty sure that's what they meant when they said it should be retired.

Honestly, we don't even need an event as excuse to have new pretty apparel and familiars, I'd rather have them temporarily cycle into the market/coliseum for about two weeks with no event whatsoever involved instead of going through another broken, frustrating NotN in order to have a chance to get everything... Hell, look at wildclaws, their breedchange scroll constantly cycles in and out of the market, why can't the same happen to nocturnes and their eggs? Only instead of having the scroll and egg available in the market, it could be just a matter of having a low chance of finding either in the gathering turns/coliseum. I don't see what's so hard about this.
ssjS89N.png
I, for one, am happy with NoTN. For the items we were getting in the chests, drop rates didn't seem too low in the Coli. Especially if you knew where to look. As for the randomness of the items in the chests, I felt it forged a sort of bond with those also seeking to complete their collections. The trades thread was very active and friendly, and it wasn't hard to find someone willing to trade. Being able to brew chests in Baldwin's was a nice touch, even if the number created vs. time wasn't as worth it as just farming them. And the materials used to make them were better spent brewing Millifaes.

Here are the issues I think need to be addressed:

1. Too much stuff. Most importantly, the event seems like it's bitten off more than it can chew. There was no reason to bring back the bear familiars of last year. Apparel, sure. For one more year. You can use it on multiple dragons. But the bears? Especially the completely normal bears. Those should have been only available to collect on the festivals of that year anyway, and then retired. Other than that, the sheer number of familiars is kind of insane. I'm not going to count how many of the new and old ones there are, but too many. Just too many. Especially at a time of year very busy for a lot of people. This event just needs to chill a little more.

2. Coli drop rates. I'm not even just talking about the fact that they said they'd tweak them and then just ignored everyone who mentioned it. I'm assuming they encountered some problem with doing that. I'm also talking about how some venues drop waaaay more chests than others. Those venues also drop Swipp items specific to them, but it makes some Swipp trades not worth it when you're gonna get more chests from the Coli itself in a different venue.

3. Coli enemies. Speaking of the Coli, certain venues became far more difficult with the addition of the NoTN familiars (cough cough Mire cough) In that instance, the event added two new enemies, both of which appeared in groups of two and three, and both of which used Scratch. And they were dodgy as all get out. It was just....extremely annoying farming the Mire.

4. Some way to trade unwanted items for wanted items. Becuase it's a luck-based experience, some people are going to have a much better experience than others. These poor individuals also didn't have much luck trading on the forums; no one wants to give away their valuable eggs and scrolls. It would be nice to add a feature where one can trade in larger quantities of familiars/apparel or even unopened chests to get higher value items like the scrolls and eggs. It makes it so that even the luckless have a hope of getting what they want if they save up enough of whatever, without resorting to spending money. Plus, it would make the familiars worth a little more because they could be used as fodder to get better items. It was very sad to see "old" familiars go for 5kt on the auction house, when they're not that easy to acquire.

5. Some sort of "advent calendar" idea. It's an event, it should be fun, and entice people to come online. Sometimes, though, it can feel like a bit of a chore because you have to work so hard to get chests (except for luck-based gathering) Perhaps adding something like 1 free chest per day of the event being active, which you have to collect each day, would make players who perhaps don't have time to throw away around this time of year feel a little less stressed by the whole thing. And 1 chest per day wouldn't cause a lot of economic upset. It could even be a new idea, like perhaps "pieces" of an apparel that you have to collect each day to unlock a completed special apparel at the end. This would help include lower-level players as well, who can't farm the Coli.

6. More regular messages from the staff. I don't even mean about our issues. It's just nice to hear that they're human and alive. I would love to see more posts like "Hope you're having fun! (Insert NoTN trivia here)" or even "Happy day (#) of NoTN everyone! A reminder that chests disintegrate at (#) time, so be ready!" I don't know if it's because the number of angry people is scary, or because they don't know what to say, but we hardly hear from the staff! They do such a good job generally though!

Sorry for the text block. That's my two cents though. Like I said, it wasn't a terrible event, and I enjoyed it! I just like to look for ways it could improve! Happy new year, everybody!
I, for one, am happy with NoTN. For the items we were getting in the chests, drop rates didn't seem too low in the Coli. Especially if you knew where to look. As for the randomness of the items in the chests, I felt it forged a sort of bond with those also seeking to complete their collections. The trades thread was very active and friendly, and it wasn't hard to find someone willing to trade. Being able to brew chests in Baldwin's was a nice touch, even if the number created vs. time wasn't as worth it as just farming them. And the materials used to make them were better spent brewing Millifaes.

Here are the issues I think need to be addressed:

1. Too much stuff. Most importantly, the event seems like it's bitten off more than it can chew. There was no reason to bring back the bear familiars of last year. Apparel, sure. For one more year. You can use it on multiple dragons. But the bears? Especially the completely normal bears. Those should have been only available to collect on the festivals of that year anyway, and then retired. Other than that, the sheer number of familiars is kind of insane. I'm not going to count how many of the new and old ones there are, but too many. Just too many. Especially at a time of year very busy for a lot of people. This event just needs to chill a little more.

2. Coli drop rates. I'm not even just talking about the fact that they said they'd tweak them and then just ignored everyone who mentioned it. I'm assuming they encountered some problem with doing that. I'm also talking about how some venues drop waaaay more chests than others. Those venues also drop Swipp items specific to them, but it makes some Swipp trades not worth it when you're gonna get more chests from the Coli itself in a different venue.

3. Coli enemies. Speaking of the Coli, certain venues became far more difficult with the addition of the NoTN familiars (cough cough Mire cough) In that instance, the event added two new enemies, both of which appeared in groups of two and three, and both of which used Scratch. And they were dodgy as all get out. It was just....extremely annoying farming the Mire.

4. Some way to trade unwanted items for wanted items. Becuase it's a luck-based experience, some people are going to have a much better experience than others. These poor individuals also didn't have much luck trading on the forums; no one wants to give away their valuable eggs and scrolls. It would be nice to add a feature where one can trade in larger quantities of familiars/apparel or even unopened chests to get higher value items like the scrolls and eggs. It makes it so that even the luckless have a hope of getting what they want if they save up enough of whatever, without resorting to spending money. Plus, it would make the familiars worth a little more because they could be used as fodder to get better items. It was very sad to see "old" familiars go for 5kt on the auction house, when they're not that easy to acquire.

5. Some sort of "advent calendar" idea. It's an event, it should be fun, and entice people to come online. Sometimes, though, it can feel like a bit of a chore because you have to work so hard to get chests (except for luck-based gathering) Perhaps adding something like 1 free chest per day of the event being active, which you have to collect each day, would make players who perhaps don't have time to throw away around this time of year feel a little less stressed by the whole thing. And 1 chest per day wouldn't cause a lot of economic upset. It could even be a new idea, like perhaps "pieces" of an apparel that you have to collect each day to unlock a completed special apparel at the end. This would help include lower-level players as well, who can't farm the Coli.

6. More regular messages from the staff. I don't even mean about our issues. It's just nice to hear that they're human and alive. I would love to see more posts like "Hope you're having fun! (Insert NoTN trivia here)" or even "Happy day (#) of NoTN everyone! A reminder that chests disintegrate at (#) time, so be ready!" I don't know if it's because the number of angry people is scary, or because they don't know what to say, but we hardly hear from the staff! They do such a good job generally though!

Sorry for the text block. That's my two cents though. Like I said, it wasn't a terrible event, and I enjoyed it! I just like to look for ways it could improve! Happy new year, everybody!
Star_signature1.png
aw its over :/ oh well,it was great while it lasted
aw its over :/ oh well,it was great while it lasted
good bye DAY OF THE NOC i love you ! come back soon
good bye DAY OF THE NOC i love you ! come back soon
I enjoyed NotN, but honestly, having the Strange Chests hang around a day after the event ended wasn't great. Why shouldn't they disappear at the end of the event? Leaving them for an extra day just encourages people to hoard them and sell them for a ridiculous price in the AH the day after the event ends (defeating the purpose of having them dissolve in the first place)

Also, PLEASE RETIRE THE BEARS. OMG. Just. Please.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, looking forward to next year :) I loved he new apparel. (But again, please retire event items, not cycle. Cycling items are awful.)

I enjoyed NotN, but honestly, having the Strange Chests hang around a day after the event ended wasn't great. Why shouldn't they disappear at the end of the event? Leaving them for an extra day just encourages people to hoard them and sell them for a ridiculous price in the AH the day after the event ends (defeating the purpose of having them dissolve in the first place)

Also, PLEASE RETIRE THE BEARS. OMG. Just. Please.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, looking forward to next year :) I loved he new apparel. (But again, please retire event items, not cycle. Cycling items are awful.)

Loved the event. I already have all the Bears but I'm sure new players appreciate not having to buy them. And if they were retired the prices would skyrocket. I definitely got more new familiars than old ones, and apparently the new fams are more likely to get from the chests, so maybe some people just had really bad luck?
Loved the event. I already have all the Bears but I'm sure new players appreciate not having to buy them. And if they were retired the prices would skyrocket. I definitely got more new familiars than old ones, and apparently the new fams are more likely to get from the chests, so maybe some people just had really bad luck?
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
Enjoyed NotN :D CANT WAIT FOR NEXT TIME ;)
Enjoyed NotN :D CANT WAIT FOR NEXT TIME ;)
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101